Australia, Zoologist Adam Britton pleads guilty to Supreme Court charges including bestiality, torture of Dogs

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

His abuse went unnoticed for years, until a clue was found in one of his videos. Britton was arrested in April 2022 after a search of his rural Darwin property, which also uncovered child abuse material on his laptop.

They seized recording devices, animal remains and a laptop on which they also located 15 files containing child abuse material.

Britton usually went to great lengths to avoid identifying himself or his location in his videos, but in this one a bright orange City of Darwin dog leash could be seen in the background.

Within weeks, in April 2022, police swooped on his property and arrested Britton, who has been remanded in custody ever since.

So far all I've read is that it was the dog lead that led them to him.
I was thinking that what if it wasn't just the dog lead, but also the dog that someone recognised.

Ok I forgot something I just read yesterday, when I was in the ER all day.

It's in one of the articles above. One person who saw the video in the group contacted police and attached a 15 minute video. They also gave police his names in the group.

Well done that decent person.

Ok I forgot something I just read yesterday, when I was in the ER all day.

It's in one of the articles above. One person who saw the video in the group contacted police and attached a 15 minute video. They also gave police his names in the group.

Well done that decent person.
Interesting, however, that he was bragging about it and posting online. Not just his shameful secret, he wanted admiration and validation from like-minded people. Which means there ARE like-minded people, keen to consume dog snuff videos.

JMO

Interesting, however, that he was bragging about it and posting online. Not just his shameful secret, he wanted admiration and validation from like-minded people. Which means there ARE like-minded people, keen to consume dog snuff videos.

JMO
It’s horrific to think of.

I think somehow he got a message to the group, and that's how they quickly found out that he was arrested and they quickly closed the group and deleted contents I assume.

I hope they eventually find the rest of these monsters, and yes that's how I see them.

Last edited:
I feel so sorry for his wife.
I hope the rest of her life is a happy one.

Well done on her for speaking out.

It's awful that she now has the fear that some of her pets may not have died a natural death :(

The single clue that helped uncover a once-respected crocodile expert's heinous crimes on dogs was uncovered by an internet sleuth in a video he posted of the abuse online.

In one video an anonymous internet user noticed the adult female dog was wearing an orange City of Darwin leash with the slogan: "Great pets start with you." This geographically identifying lead is what eventually led to his arrest, the MailOnline reports. The sleuth referred the footage to the NT Animal Welfare Branch via Gmail, which then referred the matter to police. A month after Britton posted the video online, his house was raided.

I think somehow he got a message to the group, and that's how they quickly found out that he was arrested and they quickly closed the group and deleted contents I assume.

I hope they eventually find the rest of these monsters, and yes that's how I see them.
They are indeed monsters. The cruelty and depravity are beyond comprehension. Especially considering the respectable and illustrious profession AB was in.

The single clue that helped uncover a once-respected crocodile expert's heinous crimes on dogs was uncovered by an internet sleuth in a video he posted of the abuse online.

In one video an anonymous internet user noticed the adult female dog was wearing an orange City of Darwin leash with the slogan: "Great pets start with you." This geographically identifying lead is what eventually led to his arrest, the MailOnline reports. The sleuth referred the footage to the NT Animal Welfare Branch via Gmail, which then referred the matter to police. A month after Britton posted the video online, his house was raided.
Thank you for this. Grateful to this individual for doing the right thing.

IMO
He is a seriously unhinged individual.
His strange behaviour started in childhood - my post with link nr 53.
Only senile age can cure him, with decreased libido IMO.

Who knows
when he eventually leaves prison,
he might settle down in a country where animal welfare is not exactly priority.
He will be in his 60s then if he serves full sentence.

JMO

Last edited:
"I will find a path towards redemption,” he wrote.

Not a chance in hell :mad:
I don’t believe he is redeemable. I wish he and his kind didn’t exist. It’s unsettling to have this behavior anywhere in existence. I honestly didn’t know that this type of behavior existed, to this degree. I’m sorry I found out.

IMO
He is seriously unhinged individual.
His strange behaviour started in childhood - my post with link nr 53.
Only senile age can cure him, with decreased libido IMO.

Who knows
when he eventually leaves prison,
he might settle down in a country where animal welfare is not exactly priority.
He will be in his 60s then if he serves full sentence.

JMO
I read that the prosecutors were going for 79 years, and I wish they’d prevailed. There are plenty of sexual deviants in their 60s, even with decreased libido.

There are plenty of sexual deviants in their 60s, even with decreased libido.

Yep.
I also wonder when he started.
Because it must have started looooong before his joining the Internet group.
Long before Internet existed even.

JMO

Yep.
I also wonder when he started.
Because it must have started looooong before his joining the Internet group.
Long before Internet existed even.

JMO
He had a sadistic interest in animals since childhood, and began to molest horses at age 13.
He also was in possession of CHILD ABUSE materials:

IMG_5462.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaniMom