Autopsy Report - UCF Osteological Analysis-Duct Tape Info

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What bugs me about this is that these exceptions she's discussing would require a motion and an order from the judge. Even if the motion were filed under seal, it would still appear on the docket, as would the motion to allow the motion to be filed under seal. ;) And the motion to intervene by the media. And the motion to bar the video cameras from the hearing. And so on and so on. Has anyone seen anything on the docket that would indicate that any really interesting disclosure is being withheld? We've seen what happens when disclosure is withheld in this case--there's a motion, the Orlando Sentinel intervenes, there's a televised hearing...and we don't get to see the jail video. :banghead: But have any other motions like this been filed?

AZL:

Wouldn't the motion(s) you mention come into play when specific documents/pieces of evidence are requested by the media/public, and access is subsequently denied? In other words, would the media/public need to know about the existence of certain documents in order for said info to be part of a document request? Overly simple example: (i) Say the prosecution requested soil tests on the Anthony's house plants, and (ii) the public's unaware of those soil tests. I don't think the SA's office is required to itemize all every document they have, as a way to facilitate a request for each and every piece of information*. So how would information about those tests either make it into the public realm, or alternatively become the subject of a motion/hearing?

*disclaimer: I've not yet read all of Florida's Sunshine Law, but I have it bookmarked. I'm hoping you can give a quick and easy answer. TIA!

OMG, Like one Run-On sentence.....I want to pull my hair out!! and Scream...What's with this woman? She would be better than water-boarding with prisoners.:eek:

I totally agree! Between Cindy and Lee, my ears were bleeding. I'm sure I missed pertinent statements made by both because I gave up on their interviews.

Seven total at the remains site. (That we've been told about so far.)

Three with the remains and one very near them (found the next day) which were all 'Henkel' logo, and three others with no logo that were at the very limits of the search area, and were not found until the last day of the search. The latter three almost certainly have no relevance to the case.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Fortytwo. I think every piece of duct tape is significant and relevant. Remember, animals dragged the torso away where small bones, from fingers were found,(makes me sick typing this) and points to the possibility that her hands and maybe feet were also taped and accounts for the tape not being near the trash bag.

I still wonder if they sent the tape off for DNA testing to see if KC used her teeth to cut it from the roll. However I don't know if DNA would still be there for anyone to find.

I've been wondering about fiber/trace debris tests on the pieces of tape. Assuming a premeditated scenario: I can imagine tearing off multiple sections of tape, sticking them individually to the edge of an object close by (dresser or headboard, seat of a car, dining room chair), then applying each piece. In this case, there would be cloth fibers, wood finish, etc. stuck to the adhesive of the tape, which could hopefully be matched to a specific surface. Wouldn't that be handy...

Seven total at the remains site. (That we've been told about so far.)

Three with the remains and one very near them (found the next day) which were all 'Henkel' logo, and three others with no logo that were at the very limits of the search area, and were not found until the last day of the search. The latter three almost certainly have no relevance to the case.

Thank you Fortytwo. I think every piece of duct tape is significant and relevant. Remember, animals dragged the torso away where small bones, from fingers were found,(makes me sick typing this) and points to the possibility that her hands and maybe feet were also taped and accounts for the tape not being near the trash bag.
The other three pieces of tape that were found at the remains site were found 30 to 40 ft. away, separated by truly impenetrable underbrush, and in close proximity to other random trash. They did not have the "Henkel" logo. They were in the opposite direction from the spread of most of those remains not found with the laundry bag, and were up hill from that location. LE did not seem to attach much significance to them, because they did not forward them to the FBI for lab analysis. (This was made clear in the forensic docs and FBI submittal logs.)

Keep in mind that the search of that site left nothing untouched even down to six inches or so below the soil. It was a truly painstaking effort. The number of things that they found, catalogued, analyzed, and entered into evidence was barely short of herculean. "Leave no stone unturned" takes on a whole new meaning after you read in detail about that search effort.

The area had quite obviously been something of a local dump site for some time. There was a lot of what was obviously construction debris. It could be said that even more pieces of duct tape completely unrelated to the case might have been expected.

Of course, there is no way to say with 100% certainty that those pieces had nothing to do with the Caylee case, but the chances are exceedingly remote. Apparently LE felt the same way.

However, should something change they were retained as evidence.

I've been wondering about fiber/trace debris tests on the pieces of tape. Assuming a premeditated scenario: I can imagine tearing off multiple sections of tape, sticking them individually to the edge of an object close by (dresser or headboard, seat of a car, dining room chair), then applying each piece. In this case, there would be cloth fibers, wood finish, etc. stuck to the adhesive of the tape, which could hopefully be matched to a specific surface. Wouldn't that be handy...
(bold above by me)

Me, too. That was one of the things I mentioned before.

I have to go back and re-read to be certain, but I believe that one of the FBI lab reports we have seen stated that the tape pieces were going to be forwarded to another lab for just such analysis. I don't think we've seen results of that yet.

AZL:

Wouldn't the motion(s) you mention come into play when specific documents/pieces of evidence are requested by the media/public, and access is subsequently denied? In other words, would the media/public need to know about the existence of certain documents in order for said info to be part of a document request? Overly simple example: (i) Say the prosecution requested soil tests on the Anthony's house plants, and (ii) the public's unaware of those soil tests. I don't think the SA's office is required to itemize all every document they have, as a way to facilitate a request for each and every piece of information*. So how would information about those tests either make it into the public realm, or alternatively become the subject of a motion/hearing?

*disclaimer: I've not yet read all of Florida's Sunshine Law, but I have it bookmarked. I'm hoping you can give a quick and easy answer. TIA!

If the State has the results of soil tests, they would have to give them to the defense and file a notice of providing disclosure. Then the documents would be released to the media unless someone made a motion not to release them.

If the State has the results of soil tests, they would have to give them to the defense and file a notice of providing disclosure. Then the documents would be released to the media unless someone made a motion not to release them.

Ok - I think I understand the flow now. I was stuck on the 'If evidence is gathered, but no one reads about it, it is still evidence?' platform.

Thank you!

Just found this picture of a sizeable piece of duct tape. Why so many other pieces of duct tape found at the scene? I really think other parts of her body wre taped. I can see discarded rolls of duct tape thrown out there, but not in pieces like this:confused:

http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/021809remainsfoundOCSOpictures_set5/1/lg/204391.htm

The area is used as a dumping ground. There is going to be lots of debris there that is not related to the case. All the ones with the brand on them will be, but the others gathered much farther from the site probably are not related.

Maybe. It's not a 'big deal' to me, just one of those 'Huh. Wonder what's up with that.' kinda things.

I've always figured that if the 'Henkel' tape was originally sourced from laying around the A's house then at the very second that GA heard about it he would have known without any shadow of a doubt that his daughter was the killer.

Thing is, we really don't know for certain that the tape came from there. We know at least that the gas can had the piece on it at some time after it came back from Casey's car, but we don't know if it had it when it came back, or if the piece was on the can before the can got to Casey's car.

Has there ever been more LE interviews with Amy released, other than the first few days, that primarily discuss Amy's money issues with KC, Amy's housing issues because of KC and KC not going on vacay with the group?

I've been waiting to see the LE interview with Amy covering the loss of Amy's duct tape, after KC had access to her purse. In a conversation between Amy and KC (I believe), Amy says it's her own fault that the tape was missing because she gave KC permission to access her purse and later found the tape missing. Amy claimed she still needed the tape for her move.

Is this tape off the roll that KC pilfered from Amy in late May? Did KC return the tape to Amy after using it on Caylee? The only other tape that has been reported connected to the A's is the matching tape found on the gas can. The same gas can that KC had in the trunk of her car.

IMO that tape doesn't so much tie Caylee to the Anthony's as much as it ties Caylee to KC. Possibly KC returned the tape to Amy to A) get rid of the evidence B) possibly tie Caylee to the person holding the roll of tape. It has been made pretty clear KC tossed Jesse under the bus, if she's willing to do that to 1 friend; why not 2 friends.

'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`

oh please!! kc borrowed the shovel to chop bamboo??? Right! That girl wouldn't pick up a shovel even if there was a $100 dollar bill attached to it. And a 2.5 year old girl would pick up a key and un lock a lock and go into a shed... when i grow wings! That shed was locked to keep kc from stealing gas! just how stupid does Ca think we no life bloggers are!!!

Ya know, it just seems like it never occurs to anyone in this family to just tell the truth!!!!!

Not sure if this has been discussed but someother places are theorizing that KC may have placed the duct tape on Caylee as a way to stop the "O" effect of her mouth and to stop the death moans etc. Not so mucha as to keep the decomp fluids from coming out buit more so to keep her mouth closed and the death rattle from occuring? Anyone?

Not sure if this has been discussed but someother places are theorizing that KC may have placed the duct tape on Caylee as a way to stop the "O" effect of her mouth and to stop the death moans etc. Not so mucha as to keep the decomp fluids from coming out buit more so to keep her mouth closed and the death rattle from occuring? Anyone?

That's a possibility. I've always been of the mindset that the tape was put on antemortem and was probably the COD via suffocation. But if it was put on after she was dead, it was done very close to the time of death. Once the skin got slick there would be no chance that the tape would stick.

ecs--
I too am of the opinion it was used to strangle her but wanted to eliminate other possiblilities as to why she would do that. I agree with your reasoning that if it was applied later the tape would not stick. THat is why I do not think it was to keep fluid from coming out... MOO

Casey didn't think far enough in advance to plan a successful disposal site. So I don't think she would give any advance consideration to the "O effect" or leakage (if she even had any knowledge of them). And, for the life of me, I can't imagine that looking at a dead child with masking tape all over her face would be any less disturbing than seeing her mouth open!!!!! moo

In a report I've read earlier, it stated that a body of caylee's size would skeletonize *sp* after a mere 2-4 weeks. (due to the weather conditions)

If that is the case, I would assume the skin would be slick very shortly after death.
*I cringe typing or thinking about this*

Which could be why there may be a piece on the gas can. Who knows?

In a report I've read earlier, it stated that a body of caylee's size would skeletonize *sp* after a mere 2-4 weeks. (due to the weather conditions)

If that is the case, I would assume the skin would be slick very shortly after death.
*I cringe typing or thinking about this*
I know, it's sad isn't it? It's bad to say that it can happen sooner due to the heat in FL and being in the trunk of the car.

I really hope she gets the death penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV