Autopsy

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
caffeinatd said:
yes, before the powers decided it was a department and not a room..

lol @"powers"....is anyone watching Greta?....

i don't have the anticipation i had last night, soooo if someone could relay the info (if any) here, would be appreciated:)

LvsAMystry said:
I'm also stumped on the clothing, but its so hard to say what someone might wear to bed. I will wear a sweatshirt to bed ( I do live in the NE though!), but would also never wear one with the zipper. I think the pants were likely the thin, stretchy variety and although I wouldn't wear them myself to bed, it's likely that some people do.

I wonder if it's possible she was either watching some news in bed or reading. Sometimes I'll do this mostly clothed if I'm cold, then chuck my pants/sweats when I've warmed a bit or when it's sleeptime.
could be watching tv- but even then, I think before you get comfy in bed, you get ready for bed--- I am beginning to think she had just gotten dressed- would also explain Cassidy not being hysterical, having been left all night long with mommy hurt--make sense?

Thanks girls for the NO explaination. Gosh, I racked my brain on that and just cdouldn't get it. LOL A poster was talking about MM and if she was a POI, and the answer was not RO.

Greta probably didn't want to even do her show tonight after last nights fiasco with Dr Baden on the case. She got saved by the bell of the Presidents speech. Is there good Karma in being fully prepared for TV news show on crime? :D She learned her lesson I hope.

Hey! Gals night in tonight, right? YaYa

I live in the triangle, and am getting caught up in this case...similar to one in Durham, that is at a dead end after almost 2 yrs. I am trying to figure if JY was really in Va., or just waiting for the GA freinds to leave? It is driving me nuts. I know there was a hotel receipt, but was it in va?

Any insight or opinion would be welcomed...thanks

Greta's not on - State of the Union plus commentary as Panthera suggested. Yes... :blushing: I was the one who posted that she would be discussing the Young case again tonite (according to obvious misinformation from a CTV poster!)

jilly said:
Greta's not on - State of the Union plus commentary as Panthera suggested. Yes... :blushing: I was the one who posted that she would be discussing the Young case again tonite (according to obvious misinformation from a CTV poster!)

thanks...i needed to be reminded! ;)
....i ordered a calendar..."The Out of Office Countdown"... got it in the mail today.... :cool:

j2mirish said:
could be watching tv- but even then, I think before you get comfy in bed, you get ready for bed--- I am beginning to think she had just gotten dressed- would also explain Cassidy not being hysterical, having been left all night long with mommy hurt--make sense?

It does make sense, yea. I guess I see it that she could have been ready for bed, or mostly so, but I usually sleep in just a t-shirt and that means just peeling off the outer layer, which is usually a sweatshirt, and the pants.

scandi said:
Thanks girls for the NO explaination. Gosh, I racked my brain on that and just cdouldn't get it. LOL A poster was talking about MM and if she was a POI, and the answer was not RO.
Greta probably didn't want to even do her show tonight after last nights fiasco with Dr Baden on the case. She got saved by the bell of the Presidents speech. Is there good Karma in being fully prepared for TV news show on crime? :D She learned her lesson I hope.

Hey! Gals night in tonight, right? YaYa

lol...you're welcome...

& JY is a ..(imo)

caffeinatd said:
I live in the triangle, and am getting caught up in this case...similar to one in Durham, that is at a dead end after almost 2 yrs. I am trying to figure if JY was really in Va., or just waiting for the GA freinds to leave? It is driving me nuts. I know there was a hotel receipt, but was it in va?

Any insight or opinion would be welcomed...thanks

oh my....so much "insight" & "opinion" about this.....we (meaning me for the most part) only know there was A hotel receipt in JY's vehicle....a Hampton motel/hotel "receipt" ... nothing about where, so far....rumor was he was suppose to be in VA for a business meeting...

what case in Durham are you talking about?

I believe that the attempted 'strangulation' occurred first. What 'gets' me in this part is that there is only the marks "consistant with fingernails" and "small amount of hemorrhage" to the strap muscles only on the left side. The fingernail marks I believe to be caused by Michelle.

This leads me to think two things. Either it was a one handed choke hold from front on with the perp using the right hand, or it was a stranglehold from behind, using the right arm.

Both holds would lead a victim to grab at the fingers or wrist of the hand on the left side of the neck in an attempt to remove them, whereas the victims right hand would attempt to grab at the arm of the perp. Out of both types of holds, the stranglehold from behind is the least likely hold to fracture the hyoid bone.....a stranglehold is also known as a 'headlock'.

If it was a two handed choke hold, then I would expect to see fingernail marks reported on the right side of the neck as well or none at all as the victim would try to break the hold by grabbing the attackers wrists.

A choke hold leaves one hand free to hit, the other causes the attacker to 'fling' his victim away from him giving enough time to grab something before coming in for a hit.

In the least amount of damage, a choke hold would be used for either holding the victim in place or pinning the victim on the bed.

For a one handed choke in a strangulation the grip has to be strong if it is to hold the victim in place standing up. Meaning the muscles in the overall hand need to be strong to retain that grip if the victim does not have their back against something/laying on something.

Sami

Samiya said:
I believe that the attempted 'strangulation' occurred first. What 'gets' me in this part is that there is only the marks "consistant with fingernails" and "small amount of hemorrhage" to the strap muscles only on the left side. The fingernail marks I believe to be caused by Michelle.

This leads me to think two things. Either it was a one handed choke hold from front on with the perp using the right hand, or it was a stranglehold from behind, using the right arm.

Both holds would lead a victim to grab at the fingers or wrist of the hand on the left side of the neck in an attempt to remove them, whereas the victims right hand would attempt to grab at the arm of the perp. Out of both types of holds, the stranglehold from behind is the least likely hold to fracture the hyoid bone.....a stranglehold is also known as a 'headlock'.

If it was a two handed choke hold, then I would expect to see fingernail marks reported on the right side of the neck as well or none at all as the victim would try to break the hold by grabbing the attackers wrists.

A choke hold leaves one hand free to hit, the other causes the attacker to 'fling' his victim away from him giving enough time to grab something before coming in for a hit.

In the least amount of damage, a choke hold would be used for either holding the victim in place or pinning the victim on the bed.

For a one handed choke in a strangulation the grip has to be strong if it is to hold the victim in place standing up. Meaning the muscles in the overall hand need to be strong to retain that grip if the victim does not have their back against something/laying on something.

Sami
in a 1 handed vs 2 handed strangulation attempt- wouldnt the ar show handpringts, that would describe one or the other without question?

close_enough said:
there's one "laceration" that makes me think the same thing, BUT ...then when i think about one of those large flashlights, & IF he was beating her fast...(in a fast vicious (sp?) manner) she was struggling, & the blows were made quickly, the shape of that one "laceration" could be a flashlight...course it could very well be part of a lamp....i just don't know enough about these "pokers"....i searched out & read a LOT about them last night....certainly possible..

i can see why RC brought up the 'topic' of the lamp/lamps in folks' bedrooms now, though.....
Wasn't me Close - that bit of really good thinking came from Sami ! :p

j2mirish said:
in a 1 handed vs 2 handed strangulation attempt- wouldnt the ar show handpringts, that would describe one or the other without question?
Not necessarily. It depends on how much force is used to 'strangle', in this case it may have only been to 'hold' the victim in place, not necessarily to 'strangle'. It seems that no particular pressure was applied to the neck area in the span of thumb to tips of fingers apart from the strap muscles on the left side.

Sami

Samiya said:
Not necessarily. It depends on how much force is used to 'strangle', in this case it may have only been to 'hold' the victim in place, not necessarily to 'strangle'. It seems that no particular pressure was applied to the neck area in the span of thumb to tips of fingers apart from the strap muscles on the left side.

Sami
ok -- I see what you are saying- that is what I meant by bruising showing the fingers pressure- I got thru most of the ar report, but some of the details kinda left me, as they got to me--- thanks

Samiya said:

Sami
Sami,

Grab yourself by the neck with your left hand - feel the difference in pressure between the left and right sides of your neck? The thumb alone hurts worse than 4 fingers on one side. cough cough - let go .........fresh air:cool:

close_enough said:
aahhhhh...ok
i thought you brought up the thread about bedside/bedroom lamps....
6 to 8 inch base width and 12 inches high with possibly a plastic base plate screwed underneath.

Sami
*advertiser censored*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members