Autopsy

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
scandi said:
I thought of that too Strach, but if she was hit with that like glass to create cuts in her flesh, there would have been glass in her wounds, and there wasn't or it would have been noted. Just like they noted there was no metal in her scalp.
I know hockey sticks can knock teeth out, and can slash you too. They are kind of sharp.
I doubt it was a hockey stick, but something similar can knock teeth out with a hard blow. Just ask hockey players. :(

packerdog said:
How did the blood get on the bed? Did she lay in bed with her clothes on watching tv?

I hope the hair that was found on/in her hand has a root. If it did have a root it was pulled out.

I have 2 sets of fireplace tools. One set is brass and really heavy, the poker has 2 parts that jet out and it looks like it could make some of the marks I saw on MY head, tapered at one end.

You guys are probably all sleeping in now after being up most of the night. What great ideas you all have come up with.
I agree with you, I think the marks look like those that a fireplace poker could cause.

packerdog said:
Like I said before I think it was a fireplace poker to leave those kinds of marks to her head. I don't think it was a hammer. I think it was a long object and that he swung it at her. I wonder if they can tell what blows came first. He might have tried to strangle her first, which would be hard to do with her fighting back the way she did. She was a cheerleader remember, she probably had alot of strengh in her arms and hands to get him off her neck.
does anyone know if they had a firplace in the master bedroom?

Hi J2mirish, I've read their chimney was a two story one but there was only one fireplace downstairs in the family room.

Does anyone know what RO stands for on a crime forum? Release _____? In regards to LE and a suspect?

scandi said:
Hi J2mirish, I've read their chimney was a two story one but there was only one fireplace downstairs in the family room.

Does anyone know what RO stands for on a crime forum? Release _____? In regards to LE and a suspect?

RO-Rule Out.

scandi said:

thanks Scandi- I figured that was probably a silly question-- too simple-- I think the poker could very well be the weapon--

j2mirish said:
does anyone know if they had a firplace in the master bedroom?
I asked this yesterday and someone here was kind enough to pull up the links to real estate listings and found there was only one fireplace, downstairs. :)

PrayersForMaura said:
I know hockey sticks can knock teeth out, and can slash you too. They are kind of sharp.
I doubt it was a hockey stick, but something similar can knock teeth out with a hard blow. Just ask hockey players. :(
Dr Baden said there were styrations though, like from a flashlight and/or it's handle.

j2mirish said:
thanks Scandi- I figured that was probably a silly question-- too simple-- I think the poker could very well be the weapon--

I agree and stated so last night. The fleur de lis looking mark on Michelle's skull look like the top of a fireplace poker. A lot of the marks are cresent shaped which would mean it went in at angle. The elogated marks are the shaft. This is all JMO.

Also, that weapon would allow for more motion without being too close and have to deal with flailing arms. It was such a brutal murder that I have a hard time even talking about it.

panthera said:
I hadn't thought of that but if he'd entered the dark downstairs part of the house he might just have had the flashlight with him. It is so disgusting to think of what happened to this beautiful woman and the rage and hatred that ended her life. :mad:

yeah panthera...there was talk early on...well, not REAL early on, that maybe JY DID 'sneak in'....i even thought he could have possibly walked a piece through the "woods" behind the house....(parked the SUV back there somewhere on that road) ...came in from the back of the house...(it goes on & on)

but, it wouldn't shock me if he came into the house with a flashlight... :cool:

close_enough said:
yeah panthera...there was talk early on...well, not REAL early on, that maybe JY DID 'sneak in'....i even thought he could have possibly walked a piece through the "woods" behind the house....(parked the SUV back there somewhere on that road) ...came in from the back of the house...(it goes on & on)

but, it wouldn't shock me if he came into the house with a flashlight... :cool:

Remember some insider over at CTV was saying that one of the GA girls felt as though she was being watched? Eeerie.

Speaking of this, was it ever determined how many friends were with MY that nite?

concernedperson said:
I agree and stated so last night. The fleur de lis looking mark on Michelle's skull look like the top of a fireplace poker. A lot of the marks are cresent shaped which would mean it went in at angle. The elogated marks are the shaft. This is all JMO.

Also, that weapon would allow for more motion without being too close and have to deal with flailing arms. It was such a brutal murder that I have a hard time even talking about it.

there's one "laceration" that makes me think the same thing, BUT ...then when i think about one of those large flashlights, & IF he was beating her fast...(in a fast vicious (sp?) manner) she was struggling, & the blows were made quickly, the shape of that one "laceration" could be a flashlight...course it could very well be part of a lamp....i just don't know enough about these "pokers"....i searched out & read a LOT about them last night....certainly possible..

i can see why RC brought up the 'topic' of the lamp/lamps in folks' bedrooms now, though.....

concernedperson said:

Very good points about the injuries and possible weapon, and I agree it'd be easier to hit her with that type of object but I don't think she would've been flailing her arms very long. I really would think LE could get an idea of what the weapon was from the blood splatter in the room also.

jilly said:
Remember some insider over at CTV was saying that one of the GA girls felt as though she was being watched? Eeerie.

Speaking of this, was it ever determined how many friends were with MY that nite?

yes....eeerie for sure...

& hell no; nothing's 'in stone' about the "grey's anatomy friend"....she/they haven't uttered a word apparently...your guess is as good as mine...i'm thinking one g/f came over that evening, but there's no proof of that...

evening jilly:)

close_enough said:
there's one "laceration" that makes me think the same thing, BUT ...then when i think about one of those large flashlights, & IF he was beating her fast...(in a fast vicious (sp?) manner) she was struggling, & the blows were made quickly, the shape of that one "laceration" could be a flashlight...course it could very well be part of a lamp....i just don't know enough about these "pokers"....i searched out & read a LOT about them last night....certainly possible..

i can see why RC brought up the 'topic' of the lamp/lamps in folks' bedrooms now, though.....
It's still on my mind that the shape of the fractures doesn't necessarily have to "match up" to the shape of the weapon. I could see getting hit with an object so hard that the skull would just crack every which way. I really don't know though. This is driving me nuts...gotta go to ball practice so maybe it will give my brain a break.

close_enough said:

OK, I just went and pulled one of Paige's from storage. Hers has a definite fleur de lis pattern at the top (mine was smaller).The shaft is plain forged iron for about 4 inches then a swhirling iron pattern emerges for another 4 inches then back to plain iron and then to the flat hook for moving logs. If he was holding on at the base (flat hook part) then other patterns would be represented depending on volocity.

Now I am going to wash my hands....soot everywhere.

A couple of things...
Mag lights can cause crescent shaped lacs, and also big skull fxs with one or 2 blows. I've seen plenty of them in the ED.

Was there carpet on the floor? If she was laying on a hard surface, Livor may not have happened b/c the capillaries are constricted by the hard surface, now I do not know if once turned on a soft surface (stretcher with padding) if it would then shift posteriorly.

happy2bn10ec said:
It's still on my mind that the shape of the fractures doesn't necessarily have to "match up" to the shape of the weapon. I could see getting hit with an object so hard that the skull would just crack every which way. I really don't know though. This is driving me nuts...gotta go to ball practice so maybe it will give my brain a break.
What if she was hit more than one time in approximately the same place on her head? Wouldn't the shape of the injury change since the object could be turned slightly or just slightly off the point of impact from the previous blow?

close_enough said:
...actually, i don't know anyone that sleeps in a hooded sweatshirt...
I do. I live in NC and to save $s on heat everyone in my house bundles for bed.
I wear a hoody or regular sweatshirt everynight in the winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member