AZ AZ - Allison Feldman, 31, Scottsdale, 18 Feb 2015 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM: Because the DNA they found can be "explained away" in a reasonable fashion? In other words, there would be a sufficient reason for the DNA to be there, so what is needed now is some corroborating evidence, which they obviously do not have or have enough of.

But if the DNA found is the BF's and he can explain it...why are they saying they need a match from a database? They have two different profiles?

But if the DNA found is the BF's and he can explain it...why are they saying they need a match from a database? They have two different profiles?

Hmmm...I hadn't thought of that. Interesting speculation and it does make sense. BF was there that evening, that we do know. I guess it depends from where the differing profiles were collected (if that is the case here). I'm assuming it would be from her body somewhere.

Two things that argue in favor of 2 different DNA profiles: BF was shooed out of her house that night to study, and her phone was taken and/or destroyed somewhere.

Back on the proverbial :fence:

So does LE have DNA from the BF from crime scene area as well as some other male? Or has the BF not provided DNA? Because if he has, why can't he be ruled out, if another make sample showed up as well, assuming his was from earlier contact? Confused.

Yes! Up to this point, I had figured this LE simply wasn't clearing anyone, as some departments will do for whatever reason... but then the contractor is quickly cleared...

Would it be a reasonable assumption for me to conclude that the contractor was ruled out per channel 12, per SPD , via his DNA submission? The msm report did not say how he was cleared. If he was arrested and they had a fingerprint at the scene, that would be probable cause, I assume to ask for, or demand a sample of his dna, right? Just trying to understand a few things and why his clearing is made public (when it was behind the scenes, no one knew about it), verses all the people in Allison's life who probably volunteered thier dna, and have been cleared behind the scenes, but not publicly .
Just curious and thinking out loud...TIA

Would it be a reasonable assumption for me to conclude that the contractor was ruled out per channel 12, per SPD , via his DNA submission? The msm report did not say how he was cleared. If he was arrested and they had a fingerprint at the scene, that would be probable cause, I assume to ask for, or demand a sample of his dna, right? Just trying to understand a few things and why his clearing is made public (when it was behind the scenes, no one knew about it), verses all the people in Allison's life who probably volunteered thier dna, and have been cleared behind the scenes, but not publicly .
Just curious and thinking out loud...TIA

:goodpost:

Thanks soooooo much for thinking outloud!

:websleuther:

:praying:

:gavel:

:grouphug:

:justice: for Allison!

I think the DNA that SPD has was from under Allison's finger nails. That's the only thing that would make sense from what little has been released to the public. In all of her pictures, she does have some length to her nails.
Scratches on the hands and fore arms of the suspect. She fought hard with her assailant according to the police.
Maybe NOT publicly clearly the BF was to give the perp a false sense of security?

What if the iPhone was all about her catching a pic of the perp and that's why the phone was taken? Just don't see what other reason it would be taken because any calls and texts would have been saved by her cell phone provider. Pics are saved on the card unless they're uploaded in a text or internet account. It couldn't have been resold because iPhones have serial #'s. Sure, you can swap out the SIM card, but you need to go to a dealer to get one and have it activated.
So what was the point of stealing the phone? Blood/skin? Pic(s)?:thinking:

You may be right about her phone. Just to add could there have been his contact infirmation on her phone? I'm in the camp she knew this person well.

I remain in the camp that she knew her killer, but perhaps not very well yet.

I think the DNA that SPD has was from under Allison's finger nails. That's the only thing that would make sense from what little has been released to the public. In all of her pictures, she does have some length to her nails.
Scratches on the hands and fore arms of the suspect. She fought hard with her assailant according to the police.
Maybe NOT publicly clearly the BF was to give the perp a false sense of security?

What if the iPhone was all about her catching a pic of the perp and that's why the phone was taken? Just don't see what other reason it would be taken because any calls and texts would have been saved by her cell phone provider. Pics are saved on the card unless they're uploaded in a text or internet account. It couldn't have been resold because iPhones have serial #'s. Sure, you can swap out the SIM card, but you need to go to a dealer to get one and have it activated.
So what was the point of stealing the phone? Blood/skin? Pic(s)?:thinking:

Respectfully BBM - Something I mentioned and wondered about before - if she had Dropbox installed on her phone, and depending upon settings, photos could upload automatically and be backed up.... was there any mention about her having a laptop or desktop? - be interesting to know if she had dropbox installed on those... Of course, LE would have figured this out and gotten into it if she had (dropbox installed)...

I've read all three threads, and I don't have a clue.... sigh. This is so sad and I really feel bad for family and local people that don't feel safe. I personally feel that this person knew Allison and this was personal. That and five buck will get me a Starbucks Coffee. In other words Not worth a damn. I really don't understand the secrecy in this case. I guess it's being suppressed because the police and whoever else don't want to create fear in the community. Sad sad sad. Prayers for Allison and family and community....

:bump:

Maybe this week we will have a bit of movement....something we can discuss openly.

:please:

:justice: for Allison & her loved ones! & RIGHT NOW wouldn't be too soon!

Respectfully BBM - Something I mentioned and wondered about before - if she had Dropbox installed on her phone, and depending upon settings, photos could upload automatically and be backed up.... was there any mention about her having a laptop or desktop? - be interesting to know if she had dropbox installed on those... Of course, LE would have figured this out and gotten into it if she had (dropbox installed)...

You know what, Steve?
SPD NOT checking something out is totally within the realm and I'm going to be as specific as I can without violating TOS.
It was a member of this thread that contacted SPD about the contractor, gave them specific evidence that they could verify within 15 minutes, and the man was picked up within hours.
So how does a person who can be linked with Allison through social media, be in that house years prior, and then contacted by Allison just days before her murder, go un-investigated by SPD until someone points them in that direction? He had 2 injunctions placed against him by other women AFTER Allison's death. His parents live in the neighborhood..........etc, etc.
Makes you wonder about SPD's competence.

:yeahthat: :goodpost: :tyou: :blowkiss: :waiting:

Also :tyou: to The :websleuther: :yourock:

:bump:

Maybe this week we will have a bit of movement....something we can discuss openly.

:please:

:justice: for Allison & her loved ones! & RIGHT NOW wouldn't be too soon!

Justice for Allison!!! I hope soon, real soon, now would be the right time! :happydance:.......

You know what, Steve?
SPD NOT checking something out is totally within the realm and I'm going to be as specific as I can without violating TOS.
It was a member of this thread that contacted SPD about the contractor, gave them specific evidence that they could verify within 15 minutes, and the man was picked up within hours.
So how does a person who can be linked with Allison through social media, be in that house years prior, and then contacted by Allison just days before her murder, go un-investigated by SPD until someone points them in that direction? He had 2 injunctions placed against him by other women AFTER Allison's death. His parents live in the neighborhood..........etc, etc.
Makes you wonder about SPD's competence.

It does make you wonder for sure. I am going to try to be optimistic and remain hopeful like Allison's Dad that this crime will be solved. But thinking back to the beginning, SPD made it thier top priority to solve this, but also made it, IMO thier top priority to calm the fears of the community and quite frankly down play this horrendous murder. I think they succeeded in the latter, because I often forget that this viscous, brutal killer still walks free amongst us, amongst his family, Co workers,etc....Hiding his dark secret.
I know SPD needs to preserve the investigation, but what if in the beginning, or at those meetings, they emphasized the brutality, informed the public whether she was sexually assaulted or not, condition of house, ran sacked, etc, and asked the local people to help solve this by looking at all the security camaras, on monteray , and side streets, look for any car out of place, in place, anyone out of place, walking. Told us whether or not the perp was on the camara leaving, given a general height, weight, etc. Asked the public immediately to look for scratches, cuts, someone smelling of bleach, etc.... (rather than a month later)..I just wonder if some tip, the much needed tip could have rolled in. Or even on the main cross streets, checking camaras, etc....
Yes, we need justice for Allison but we also need this ghost removed from society. There is no telling if he could do this again. The fact remains, a young woman was killed INSIDE her home, where she had SECURITY, in a SAFE part of town. Allison was not in a parking lot, at an atm, etc.....she was safely in her home. This needs to be solved.
I know I am ramblings a bit, some frustration on my part. I can only imagine what it is like for Allison's family and friends.

COME ON BIG BREAK, WE NEED IT!!!!!!!

It does make you wonder for sure. I am going to try to be optimistic and remain hopeful like Allison's Dad that this crime will be solved. But thinking back to the beginning, SPD made it thier top priority to solve this, but also made it, IMO thier top priority to calm the fears of the community and quite frankly down play this horrendous murder. I think they succeeded in the latter, because I often forget that this viscous, brutal killer still walks free amongst us, amongst his family, Co workers,etc....Hiding his dark secret.
I know SPD needs to preserve the investigation, but what if in the beginning, or at those meetings, they emphasized the brutality, informed the public whether she was sexually assaulted or not, condition of house, ran sacked, etc, and asked the local people to help solve this by looking at all the security camaras, on monteray , and side streets, look for any car out of place, in place, anyone out of place, walking. Told us whether or not the perp was on the camara leaving, given a general height, weight, etc. Asked the public immediately to look for scratches, cuts, someone smelling of bleach, etc.... (rather than a month later)..I just wonder if some tip, the much needed tip could have rolled in. Or even on the main cross streets, checking camaras, etc....
Yes, we need justice for Allison but we also need this ghost removed from society. There is no telling if he could do this again. The fact remains, a young woman was killed INSIDE her home, where she had SECURITY, in a SAFE part of town. Allison was not in a parking lot, at an atm, etc.....she was safely in her home. This needs to be solved.
I know I am ramblings a bit, some frustration on my part. I can only imagine what it is like for Allison's family and friends.

COME ON BIG BREAK, WE NEED IT!!!!!!!

To add to my post ( sorry so long), in other words, what I am trying to say is, that SPD said this was , " isolated", " not random ", etc......
The community was under the general belief that SPD had someone in mind and was following a perp putting a case together, therefore possibly boosting the communities thoughts that SPD has a good handle on it, and the crime would be solved in a short time. In essence, not alarming them, shaking them up, to the point of looking at every single thing, person, oddity, etc.....that night, and the next few days.
I am not putting down SPD in any manner, I think they are doing all they can. And I believe they want this solved.
Just again.......typing out loud

Taking her cellphone stands out as strange..... in all the cases I've followed, the perp doesn't want anything to do with or have near him the victims cellphone.

Yet, here we have just the opposite - perp actually taking her phone, and I wonder why.....

Now the crime scene might clarify this better than my guessing, and knowing the time the cellphone stopped pinging would tell when/if the battery was removed; but lots of proverbial luck getting info about it...

So, why take the cellphone? Was the intruder/attacker (1) that desperate for money he (was it ever stated DNA found is male?) took the phone as part of a robbery turned turned murder and or (guessing) a sexual attack? Or (2) was there something the perp knew was on the phone and didn't want LE to get hold of? Or (3) was there nothing on the phone, the phone of no value to the perp other than to stage it took like (1)?

Taking her cellphone stands out as strange..... in all the cases I've followed, the perp doesn't want anything to do with or have near him the victims cellphone.

Yet, here we have just the opposite - perp actually taking her phone, and I wonder why.....

Now the crime scene might clarify this better than my guessing, and knowing the time the cellphone stopped pinging would tell when/if the battery was removed; but lots of proverbial lucky getting info about it...

So, why take the cellphone? Was the intruder/attacker (1) that desperate for money he (was it ever stated DNA found is male?) took the phone as part of a robbery turned turned murder and or guessing a sexual attack? Or (2) was there something the perp knew was on the phone and didn't want LE to get hold of? Or (2) was there nothing on the phone, the phone of no value to the perp other than to stage it took like (1)?

Really good points about her phone. Thinking back to the redacted court documents also where it said something along the lines of, " detectives are hunting into a person that is known to have actually possessed call....."
Then the documents were pulled.

So strange, that sentence doesn't even make much sense.

Here is a link from April where detectives say the DNA profile is a male.

http://www.12news.com/story/news/lo...ottsdale-police-murder-suspects-dna/25757313/

Now the crime scene might clarify this better than my guessing, and knowing the time the cellphone stopped pinging would tell when/if the battery was removed; but lots of proverbial lucky getting info about it...

So, why take the cellphone? Was the intruder/attacker (1) that desperate for money he (was it ever stated DNA found is male?) took the phone as part of a robbery turned turned murder and or guessing a sexual attack? Or (2) was there something the perp knew was on the phone and didn't want LE to get hold of? Or (2) was there nothing on the phone, the phone of no value to the perp other than to stage it took like (1)?

1.) In one of the MSM articles SPD definitely indicates "he" when they made the statement about DNA.

The iPhone is the weird part of this. Almost all cell phones have the "Find my phone" app available, which doubles the risk when you take in consideration tower pings as a general location finder.
If it was taken so that the credit card app could be used, the one you just place in front of that point of purchase thing, it was never used, and the perp couldn't resale it (internal serial number)............so that negates any burglar taking it as far as a means of accessing Allison's revenue.

Maybe the whole point of taking the iPhone was to really destroy the SIM card? iPhone models 5 (5, 5c, 5s, 6, and 6 plus) use "Nano SIM" cards. This is how you get to it on older than iPhone 4 models (below).........iPhone 4/GSM equipped(whatever that is) and subsequent models are on the right hand side towards the middle of the device. You need a paper clip......where is the perp going to get a paper clip?!?!?! It looks like newer iPhones make use of the "iCloud" for storage (pics, text, etc.) so they don't have SD cards in them. http://science.opposingviews.com/iphone-sd-card-slot-18595.html
original-iphone-sim-card.jpg

This is how small the Nano is compared to other SIM card sizes:

nano-sim-sizes.jpg

Nano SIM is the fourth version, or the "fourth form factor" (4FF) of the SIM standard and measures a mere 12.3 mm by 8.8 mm by 0.67 mm, but still holds the same amount of data as earlier SIM cards.
http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/ipad/ipad-faq/what-is-nano-sim-different-from-micro-sim.html

Maybe the perp assumed the iPhone had something pointing to him so instead of spending time scrolling through it or taking it apart, he just took the battery out and ultimately destroyed it.

I REALLY want to know what was REALLY taken. By now, SPD must know what was subsequently found, or mis-identified as being stolen.

Frustrating case..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members