Found Deceased AZ - Benjamin Anderson, 41, Car found burned, Phoenix, 31 Dec 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I heard from Dan and he said it’s okay for me to share his answers to the questions you guys posed. We really just want to find out what happened to our friend.

much of the speculation is incorrect. The media did take some editorial liberty so some items were out of context.

This should clear some things up.

They knew what Ben was wearing, the zip up sweatshirt because had just received as a gift and it was gone.

Ben always wore shorts year round.

They had keys to each others places.

He knew his password as it was a common one.

Ben called him at 8 am on the dot, he didn’t text to cancel and they spoke on the phone all the time. This call was not FaceTime.

Lexus did give them the location finally.

There was no love triangle.

there were 4 of them in the car, and many others working remotely that night, there is camera footage.

The trip wasn’t made up. It can be verified.

Finally, true friends should come together in tragedy, not marginalize the ones who worked day and night in dangerous situations to find our friend.
Thank you @Another friend of Ben. One thing I've been wondering about is the attempt by the friends to locate the car. I believe it was stated upthread that it is owned by Ben's aunt. I'm confused why it took so long to get Lexus to locate it. Couldn't the aunt have called Lexus and have it located right away as it's her car? Maybe the friends didn't want to worry her? TIA!

Oh my. What a young age to have had to process the death of your father. I can feel through your words the love you had for him. Thx so much for your contributing your thoughts and the parallels in your shared story. So sorry for your loss. ♥️
Thank you. I have wonderful memories of a loving father that I cherish. Try to hang on to the fact that your children will have wonderful memories of Ben as well, in time.

Thank you for being a good friend to Ben and speaking to Dan to help clarify some of the speculation on here about him. Sounds like you have spent some time with him in the past to some extent. Anything else he can share with you?

I think he’s willing to share whatever will help in finding who’s responsible but also I can see why there may be concern to say anything directly because his words are twisted and taken out of context. He’s shared all he knows with law enforcement which is probably more than what’s been shared in the media. I hope they are using the information as well as video footage, phone records and anything else. Way too many murders go unsolved.

I just know they went through a lot to try to find him and did a great job in getting the story out there otherwise I wouldn’t have heard about it as soon as I did. I spent time with him over the years and we were both friends with Ben. It was cool that Ben’s various friends could all hang out together and be fine with each other. At least that’s my experience.

^ Thank you @Another friend of Ben.

Do you know if Dan had any indication that Ben was definitely alone when Ben called him at 8 am?
Would Ben tell him if he had a guest?
(I'm guessing he would, since being close friends I don't think Ben would give Dan a white lie about being too tired for the breakfast meeting....)

I'm just really perplexed about this hour between 8 and 9 am (when the phone was shut off). Maybe Ben left hurriedly for whatever reason...lured?, and the phone was deactivated elsewhere at 9 am?

Did Ben know his all his neighbors in the condo complex? Direct neighbors didn't hear or see anything?

I so hope that LE has some leads. There needs to be justice, and it's all so hard on you all, as Ben's friends.
Yes -- WTH happened in that hour ??

ALSO---- we still do not know WHO Benjamin was seen by that morning per news story ?? ( Unless they flubbed up that part of timeline ??) **
STILL,,
Dan spoke to him, but when was he actually last PHYSICALLY seen prior to his phone turning off. ?????

Thank you @Another friend of Ben. One thing I've been wondering about is the attempt by the friends to locate the car. I believe it was stated upthread that it is owned by Ben's aunt. I'm confused why it took so long to get Lexus to locate it. Couldn't the aunt have called Lexus and have it located right away as it's her car? Maybe the friends didn't want to worry her? TIA!

The aunt did call but there’s a process before that information was released. I’m sure she had to verify who she was. None of us would want our car location immediately revealed to someone calling in claiming to be someone without proof. Think about stalking and DV situations. Even for me to get verified here I had to provide proof and it wasn’t immediate.

This actually makes me think of another question. I know some fitness watches have a location tracker. But I have no clue what he was wearing that day.

At the time their best option was Lexus since searching for his phone was a dead end. They called around and drove around. They formed a search party way before law enforcement was willing to accept this case. I understand that unless it’s foul play involved they won’t take a report for an adult missing only a few hours.

ALSO---- we still do not know WHO Benjamin was seen by that morning per news story ?? ( Unless they flubbed up that part of timeline ??) **
STILL,,
Dan spoke to him, but when was he actually last PHYSICALLY seen prior to his phone turning off. ?????

Other than the killer(s) it would be the friends that he went to visit the day before based on the information I have.

Regarding the friends Ben visited the day prior, I would expect that LE has spoken with them. Questions about whether Ben had any plans for the next day (other than the breakfast with Dan), any new acquaintances, a new date, helping someone other than his aunt, any personal concerns, his mood,.....was everything normal with Ben according to those friends.

Regarding the friends Ben visited the day prior, I would expect that LE has spoken with them. Questions about whether Ben had any plans for the next day (other than the breakfast with Dan), any new acquaintances, a new date, helping someone other than his aunt, any personal concerns, his mood,.....was everything normal with Ben according to those friends.

There was something else that day he was supposed to do that he didn’t which is another reason there was concern. The person I spoke with that spoke with him that day in the same timeframe as Dan said his mood was fine. So I wonder how many other calls and text messages he had before leaving home. I could be wrong but I believe whoever got it him leave the house is involved.

The aunt did call but there’s a process before that information was released. I’m sure she had to verify who she was. None of us would want our car location immediately revealed to someone calling in claiming to be someone without proof. Think about stalking and DV situations. Even for me to get verified here I had to provide proof and it wasn’t immediate.

This actually makes me think of another question. I know some fitness watches have a location tracker. But I have no clue what he was wearing that day.

At the time their best option was Lexus since searching for his phone was a dead end. They called around and drove around. They formed a search party way before law enforcement was willing to accept this case. I understand that unless it’s foul play involved they won’t take a report for an adult missing only a few hours.
I understand. Thanks for explaining. I was under the impression perhaps there was some type of security code that only the owner of the vehicle would know. I understand now.

I have strong reason to believe he was at home based on his cell phone. So the time frame after 8:50 am until the time his body was found. Someone said it takes about 30 minutes to get to that location.

Does anyone know what time the call was made saying a body was found? I saw the retrieval time. But was it a short timeframe or possibly there for hours between the call and pick up?

I remember there was a body dumped near my office and even though multiple people called it in there was a delay in someone coming out to get it.

Here are my estimates added to timeline (looks like the timeline post was removed by Admin for some reason.... here is the link ).

Call was at 1:45 pm for body found....for the moment, I am joining the camp that is thinking the actual incident took place there in New River. Some altercation in mid morning in an apartment or parking lot in town means moving Ben's body which would require some muscle and the potential of being seen or videoed. New River used to hearing shots from shooters practicing (particularly over the holidays, new guns, etc. and I noticed an uptick midweek out west in desert).

Benjamin Anderson

Please remember, some of us may have facts and information to which you are not privy, we may be in communication directly with LE, etc.

All available information cannot be shared publicly for our own safety as this is an active homicide investigation, and whoever is responsible for these crimes is/are still free.

Truly, I can only speak for myself, but, to my knowledge, I do not believe anyone here has expressed dislike for Dan, has any desire to tarnish his name, or otherwise cause him emotional disturbance.

Even so, being sure not to further depress Dan in his time of loss cannot be my top priority at this time. We, at Web Sleuths, simply cannot be walking on eggshells/tiptoeing around not hurting Dan’s feelings when drafting our every post. To suggest otherwise is absurd.

Had I been in Dan’s position, I would not be thrilled about it, but I would certainly understand the scrutiny and suspicion directed toward me following the release of the MSM reports describing Ben’s disappearance, surrounding events, and his subsequent death.
TRYING TO PUT A CAP ON THIS...
We (as someone not involved in their first thread on Websleuths) have experience with the initial MSM accounts and how they mislead or paint false pictures. DS and friends have no control over what a reporter includes and does not. Therefore, we often time try to hold off on theories and suspicions. Many outlets compete to be first, these are the worst. And then when a little more detailed report comes out a few days later, we do not assume "the story is changing". It is being reported differently by a different reporter with their own set of biases, agendas, etc. Hence, questioning the "holes" in a story as evidence of something possibly nefarious is dangerous (which IMO is kinda what you did in one of your first posts).

To be fair I think your posts since then have been clear. You have no animus toward DS, just going down all the threads available. I too hope, for example, MCSO really nail down the exchanges in the early morning between BA and DS time and content wise. The phone exchanges once "the search phase" began should be easy enough for MCSO to verify via phone and video. And the interviews that have surely taken place with DS, SD, (TJK) and A about the events should be collaborating (or not) the accounts.

DS, friends, (yourself, me) are not experienced with this type of traumatic episode unfolding in real time, so videos might not get shot. I know from being in the garage it would be impossible to shot when they first spotted the car. After giving chase all you're going to get is taillights and dust.

By the administrators finding you a "Verified Insider" you can be invaluable to help us understand Ben and the things he may or may not do based on your experiences with him. Just be sure you are remaining open yourself to things not fitting a set scenario. We all want resolution quickly but it will not come due to the complexity of car, body, sightings and the activity of New Years Eve. MCSO has all video from the sites to go through. Patience people.

I understand what you are saying. I’m not upset (but I’m also not listed as being involved so his other friends may not feel the same). I am a true crime addict and always trying to get it right. I can come up with some far out possibilities because I’m also a writer. It is so different when you know the people involved. What may be suspicious to others may not be to me because I have the additional information. Ben wearing shorts and a long sleeve shirt in December is perfectly normal for him. I probably saw him in shorts more than I did in pants.
Finally, one thing to cross off the list... Thank you @Another friend of Ben!

I LOVE your mother already -- GO GREEN !!!!

I do understand where you are coming from.

I do like bouncing theories /suspects etc around here to get other people's opinions and we should be able to.

I also respect the WS rules to keep it facts only ( most of the time Hahahaha..dont yell at me Mods :) )
I get dinged every few weeks...it doesn't hurt.;):)

STILL,,
At this point, I think the last seen was a slip by the reporter. Not seen but heard from should have been the phrase MOO

I hope to god Dan never reads through this thread. It would be pretty depressing to see people questioning his motives when he’s already dealing with such a sudden tragic loss. I wish people would leave him and the other friends out of discussion unless it involves reporting new *facts*
I couldn’t have said it better

TRYING TO PUT A CAP ON THIS...
We (as someone not involved in their first thread on Websleuths) have experience with the initial MSM accounts and how they mislead or paint false pictures. DS and friends have no control over what a reporter includes and does not. Therefore, we often time try to hold off on theories and suspicions. Many outlets compete to be first, these are the worst. And then when a little more detailed report comes out a few days later, we do not assume "the story is changing". It is being reported differently by a different reporter with their own set of biases, agendas, etc. Hence, questioning the "holes" in a story as evidence of something possibly nefarious is dangerous (which IMO is kinda what you did in one of your first posts).

To be fair I think your posts since then have been clear. You have no animus toward DS, just going down all the threads available. I too hope, for example, MCSO really nail down the exchanges in the early morning between BA and DS time and content wise. The phone exchanges once "the search phase" began should be easy enough for MCSO to verify via phone and video. And the interviews that have surely taken place with DS, SD, (TJK) and A about the events should be collaborating (or not) the accounts.

DS, friends, (yourself, me) are not experienced with this type of traumatic episode unfolding in real time, so videos might not get shot. I know from being in the garage it would be impossible to shot when they first spotted the car. After giving chase all you're going to get is taillights and dust.

By the administrators finding you a "Verified Insider" you can be invaluable to help us understand Ben and the things he may or may not do based on your experiences with him. Just be sure you are remaining open yourself to things not fitting a set scenario. We all want resolution quickly but it will not come due to the complexity of car, body, sightings and the activity of New Years Eve. MCSO has all video from the sites to go through. Patience people.
Very well written

Ben's phone is missing, correct?
But LE can still examine any calls or texts Ben had that day, even the previous day, once they have a warrant? Through phone records or whatever means, can they also read content? I don't know.
I have no issues with the call Ben made to Dan, but there might be other calls or messages that could perhaps lead to what happened that day.
Same with his laptop.

I completely agree with the concept of having an open environment to share ideas and explore different possibilities. This website does a fantastic job at allowing people to do just that while also maintaining respect for other websleuth members and innocent, identified members of the public.

In this particular situation, there are identified people that have been discussed on here and now have a permanent online footprint that portrays them as potentially disingenuous or even worse, persons of interest in a robbery/homicide case.

I don’t believe in making certain topics off limits, but there is a way to discuss the friends without unduly harming their reputations. Without more concrete evidence pointing towards their involvement, I honestly think we have explored this idea to its limit.
Agreed and thank you

I don’t think he will come here to read but he is aware of some of what’s being said not just here but other places. Often times when you are the last known person to have contact it automatically makes you a suspect to some people. I can imagine he’s not feeling good about it especially when he was just trying to do the right thing.

I know everyone can only go by the information that’s out in the public. The whole thing is just crazy but once the other pieces are revealed it will make more sense. Some things have been shared with law enforcement that wasn’t made public so not to mess up the investigation.

I don’t think Dan or Sue was involved. I saw them with Ben multiple times over the years and I just can’t see it. Especially to just dump his body. No. If I was there when Ben was missing I would have joined them in the search and be the topic of discussion.

I will contribute to the go fund me account. As well some others I know that knew Ben. If money is what it will take to get someone to talk then I’m all in.

I think it’s normal for even Ben’s friends to have a different response and theories on his death. I’ve had a chance to speak with several others. We may have different information that we are using that as our basis for our position.

I appreciate you all even caring enough to read through all of theses comments and post. I will keep fighting until there’s s conviction or more depending on how many are involved.
Very well written thank you

Thank you! My mother is an MSU Spartan by the way. I normally would not take an issue with something like this but I started feeling bad for Dan. I actually really enjoy the freedom on here to throw out off-the-wall ideas just for the sake of brainstorming, but I think it’s just gone a little too far given the information, or lack thereof, that we have.
Absolutely agree and as an SIO
who has previously been in charge of Murder investigations with my team of detectives, we do have to be careful because everything is disclosable and it could potentially harm a prosecution case if information or thoughts and ideas are proffered strongly without provenance. Yes it can be discussed, any theories can but loosely without attributing blame to witnesses . Anyway moving on……

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viki Cowan
Back