AZ - Bloody beating of son inside a Wal-Mart

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here is the mother's MySpace page - or should I say, here is the page of Tina Lynn Tatum, the Perfect *itch?

I was at a Taco Cabana here in Texas yesterday and I heard a father say to one of his kids something like..what are you doing? I told you to sit and wait for us, and you're jumping around. Then I heard a slap....the hair rose on my neck thinking of this case, and I was ready to spring into action if I heard another slap. The parents and 4 kids left before me, and I definately was checking him out and looking the kids over REALLY good to see if they ALL appeared to be healthy, etc. But everyone was leaving with a smile on their face, so I will assume that everything was ok.

I have no problem with a parent disciplinng their kids, even in public, Ive seen a few kids get a smack on their butt...usually they needed it, (its not abuse to discipline your kids)
Ive seen embarrassed, frustrated parents when their kids throw tantrums, most know how to handle the situation, this mom apparently did not and took it over the edge. I tend to watch parents during these situations to be prepared to step in if needed, this is one situation I would have stepped in to even if no one else did, this went way to far for no one to do anything physically to stop this woman....would everyone have just stood back had she pulled out a knife and began stabbing him?
yes, it was great people called 911 but someone should have stepped in and stopped her.

Good thing she wasn't in TX. I carry a weapon too. I can hear it now over the Walmart intercom..."clean up in aisle 7". It would be her.

I USUALLY roll my eyes when someone says what they "would have done" in the same situation - I know alot of big talkers who back down at the hint of actually doing something... but somehow... someway... I believe you! (Even if you had no weapon.)

I can't make sense of how you could NOT do something. I'm dissappointed there were "witnesses" since there should only be "hands on active participants" in the situation. :)

What has this damned world come to that someone didn't stop this?

I can tell you that nothing would have stopped me from getting between her and that child and then if she wanted to scrap with me, I'd have cleaned her clock.

Right is right....wrong is wrong.

Wal mart employees that stood and watched this should be ashamed. I don't need a policy to dictate to me what needs to be done.

Cal

What has this damned world come to that someone didn't stop this?

I can tell you that nothing would have stopped me from getting between her and that child and then if she wanted to scrap with me, I'd have cleaned her clock.

Right is right....wrong is wrong.

Wal mart employees that stood and watched this should be ashamed. I don't need a policy to dictate to me what needs to be done.

Cal

Can you imagine seeing it and even thinking "Hmm, wonder what store policy is on this one?"

Can you imagine seeing it and even thinking "Hmm, wonder what store policy is on this one?"

Anyone fired for kicking her *advertiser censored* would have been on CNN/Foxnews that night and would have a primo job the next day.

Yeah yeah yeah, the big bad internet hero some say, but I guarantee you that if I see you bloodying your child up and dragging him around by the hair, you won't be doing it long.

Cal

Here is the mother's MySpace page - or should I say, here is the page of Tina Lynn Tatum, the Perfect *itch?
Hmm, looks like someone hacked into my myspace and sent her a message expressing their disgust-amazing how those hackers work:D

Hmm, looks like someone hacked into my myspace and sent her a message expressing their disgust-amazing how those hackers work:D

I must be blind or slow, I didn't see what you were talking about..did you see that beautiful little boy??????How could they do that to him?!?!? I just do not understand at all...:mad:

I wish I could see the comment that hacker left! :D Comments aren't appearing when I pull up her page.

Rats.

I believe ya Cal and i'm glad there are people like you around!! I don't understand why adults just walk by a situation like this because it's none of their buisness?! I don't care if its my buisness or not it's never ok to hurt a child. This little boy wasnt that little either he was already 9 years old? I can't imagine what his first 9 years were like... :mad:

Anyone fired for kicking her *advertiser censored* would have been on CNN/Foxnews that night and would have a primo job the next day.

Yeah yeah yeah, the big bad internet hero some say, but I guarantee you that if I see you bloodying your child up and dragging him around by the hair, you won't be doing it long.

Cal

Not a comment-a message guys!! You can only leave comments if you are a friend.

ETA: We had a girl last night who was probably 4 or 5 years old, boy could I hear her coming!! She started by whining for a toy, and in less than 5 minutes it was a full blown temper-tantrum, worse than I have EVER seen. I kept going back and forth-feeling bad for her, then her parents,lol. I just wanted to yell "Will somebody get this kid a damn toy!!" Her Dad ended up having to carry her out with her arms and legs flailing the whole way. If I had walked upon the situation at that point-I would have thought he was kidnapping her.

A mother and daughter were shopping at WalMart, the girl in the cart seat. The little girl reached out and grabbed something off a display and the mother said "We are almost done, Laura. Hang in there." The little girl wailed and cried when the Mom put the item back. A few minutes later, the kid stopped crying and kicked her Mom, saying she wanted to get out of the cart. The mom said "We're almost out of here, Laura. Just a few more minutes." The little girl screamed and pitched a fit. The Mom looked so tired as she got to the register. The little girl wasn't letting up and the Mom said "Laura, when you get home, you will have a nice bubble bath and a long nap - just hang in there a few more minutes."
The cashier said "Your daughter Laura is beautiful."
The Mother said "My daughter's name is Kaylie. I am Laura." :)

LOL Glitch!!

Seriously though Walmart is designed to be overwhelming.
They have spent billions of dollars on experts to design their stores so that people are more inclined to impulse buy.

Do you know how you feel after a Rock concert (even if you have not done drugs?) I swear Walmart can cause that same sensory overload.

LOL Glitch!!

Seriously though Walmart is designed to be overwhelming.
They have spent billions of dollars on experts to design their stores so that people are more inclined to impulse buy.

Do you know how you feel after a Rock concert (even if you have not done drugs?) I swear Walmart can cause that same sensory overload.

I got to the counter at WalMart the night before last with over $200 of stuff I couldn't afford. I felt like I "woke up" when I wrote the check. Do you think it's the lighting? ha ha

A mother and daughter were shopping at WalMart, the girl in the cart seat. The little girl reached out and grabbed something off a display and the mother said "We are almost done, Laura. Hang in there." The little girl wailed and cried when the Mom put the item back. A few minutes later, the kid stopped crying and kicked her Mom, saying she wanted to get out of the cart. The mom said "We're almost out of here, Laura. Just a few more minutes." The little girl screamed and pitched a fit. The Mom looked so tired as she got to the register. The little girl wasn't letting up and the Mom said "Laura, when you get home, you will have a nice bubble bath and a long nap - just hang in there a few more minutes."
The cashier said "Your daughter Laura is beautiful."
The Mother said "My daughter's name is Kaylie. I am Laura." :)

That is funny, I feel this same way after shopping with my 2 1/2 year old just yesterday, in fact. She hates shopping and while in the mall will run and hide under clothes racks, feels the need to touch everything and screams when she does not get what she wants. She refuses to sit in her stroller and screams like a banchy when I make her. She was sitting in her stroller when we left but wouldn't let me buckle it and she tried to stand up, thankfully I wasn't going fast and she fell out. She just got up and looked at me all mad. This older couple looked at me as if I were the meanest person in the world. I told her that is why she needs to buckle but this child is so stubborn. Then she screamed in the car all the way to Wal-Mart from there because her blanket got wet from the rain and she wanted it washed right now! Good grief, I had to take a nap when I got home:)

Wal-Mart is overwhelming that is soooo true! I thought it was just me..I can't be in there 20 minutes without starting to feel like i'm in a ''fog''. I miss the regular wal-marts before they all turned into super-centers! ( I could handle those lol)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa D.
Back