Found Deceased AZ - Cathryn Gorospe, 44, Flagstaff, 6 Oct 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
With his arrest history, he shouldn't have even been out on bond. I think this town needs a new Chief of Police. I love my child but if they committed these crimes I'd make sure they were behind bars, not release them again and again until blood is shed.

He (CM) is a real piece of work isn't he....

Does the Chief of Police have the authority to set a bond? I thought that was a decision of a judge?

Something else that I've been pondering....CM was in jail since Aug 20 on theft and weapons charges. Why was he not bailed out until 10/6/17? Would it take that long to get a bail hearing? Or did it take that long for Cathryn to gather the money? Or did he just reach out to her recently after exhausting all other resources to get out on bail? I wish we knew how much bail was required....

This link gives details about what happened with/to the college student.

Midway near to the bottom of the linked page is a timeline.

Malzahn, after being bailed out of jail, police believe he took off on his state-wide journey that eventually landed him in handcuffs.

Police say they arrested Malzahn in Phoenix after he was found to be driving Gorospe’s car. But he reportedly won't say anything to investigators about Gorospe's whereabouts.

Right now, Malzahn sits in jail for charges related to a crime spree in Tempe.

One of the those alleged crimes included an attack on an ASU student in her dorm room.

ETA -
A vigil is planned for her on Saturday, October 14. The vigil will begin at 6:30 p.m. at Paseo Highland Park near 35th Avenue and Pinnacle Peak.

Organizers are encouraging those attending to wear green, Gorospe’s favorite color. Members of the public are welcome to join.

http://www.azfamily.com/story/36594...-teacher-case-punched-17-year-old-asu-student

Flagstaff police find remains believed to belong to missing teacher Cathryn Gorospe

FLAGSTAFF, AZ (3TV/CBS 5) -
One week after Glendale teacher Cathryn Gorospe went missing, Flagstaff police say they may have found her remains.

They're also confirming a romantic relationship had existed between Gorospe and person of interest in the case, Charlie Malzahn

Flagstaff police sent out a statement Friday evening saying that officials located the remains of an adult female believed to be those of Gorospe.

TIMELINE

Sunday, Aug. 20

-Police say Charlie Malzahn carjacked his sister in Tempe and then drove her van to Williams. Police located the van and arrested Malzahn.

PDF: Williams Police Department report

Friday, Oct. 6

- Glendale kindergarten teacher Cathryn Gorospe drives up north to bail Malzahn out of the Coconino County Jail. Photos from a surveillance camera show her walking into the building. Gorospe's roommate said Gorospe planned to return home with Malzahn that night.

Saturday, Oct. 7

-Police believe Malzahn contacted some acquaintances in Clifton Saturday morning "to try and get some drugs and a gun ...." That afternoon, Tucson police made contact with Malzahn at the shopping mall in regard to some purchases he made with a woman's credit card.

Sunday, Oct. 8

-Gorospe's roommate reported her missing.

-Malzahn was accused of punching and ASU student in the face in her dorm room.

PDF: Court paperwork Malzahn's arrest in Phoenix

-Tempe police believed Malzhan then carjacked a woman in the area of Apache Boulevard and Rural Road at about 10 p.m. Police said he threatened her with what was believed to be a crowbar. That vehicle was later recovered.

Monday, Oct. 9

-Phoenix police arrested Malzahn in the early morning hours after spotting him in Gorospe's vehicle at about 1:30 a.m

http://www.azfamily.com/story/36595...-to-belong-to-missing-teacher-cathryn-gorospe

[h=1]Authorities believe body of woman is missing Arizona teacher[/h]
PHOENIX (AP) — Police on Friday say they found a body that is believed to be that of a 44-year-old Arizona teacher who went missing last week after posting bond for a man.

Flagstaff police say they found the body likely belonging to Cathryn Gorospe on Friday and that an autopsy is pending. They wouldn't say where the body was found or what the cause of death could be.

The body recovery came after family and friends conducted an unofficial search for the Phoenix-area kindergarten teacher who went missing last week after posting bond for a man, the woman's stepmother said early Friday.

Flagstaff police spokesman Cory Runge said law enforcement officers found the body during a search.
http://tucson.com/news/state-and-re...cle_d8f7de57-56c4-5b78-a28c-9e751aa8e31e.html

:(

One week after Glendale teacher Cathryn Gorospe went missing, Flagstaff police say they may have found her remains.

Oh no! :(

I am glad that she was found fast at least and this didnt drag on for the family's sake. I really hope this guy is charged appropriately in this case!!!!

That's just sad. Poor Cathryn. This guy is a piece of work. Too bad he couldn't treat her the way she treated him.

Her poor students that she taught-

School officials 'saddened to learn of the death' of missing Glendale teacher

Deer Valley Unified School District officials issued a statement Saturday saying they were "deeply saddened to learn of the death" of Cathryn Gorospe, the missing Glendale kindergarten teacher, a day after Flagstaff police said they believe her body has been found.

Cathryn’s friends and colleagues at Arrowhead School and throughout DVUSD had hoped and prayed for a different outcome," the post on the district's Facebook page said. "During this difficult time, we feel fortunate to belong to a school and district family where we support and take care of each other."

Supporters have organized a candlelight vigil in her honor Saturday at 6 p.m. at Paseo Highlands Park, 35th Avenue and Pinnacle Peak Road, Phoenix.

According to the social-media post, the school district will have a crisis flight team on campus Monday to support Arrowhead Elementary School students and staff.

https://amp.azcentral.com/amp/76515...14/8d24d67dd5ba37be95dddec55da4c3a8.jpg[/IMG]

He has more charges... not murder yet though... This time under the name Charlie Robert Malzahn
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Cathryn-Gorospe-44-Flagstaff-6-Oct-2017/page4

Court case number: CR2017-146735-001

[TABLE="class: zebraRowTable, width: 100%"]
[TR="class: even-rows"]
[TD]FAIL TO STOP/ACCID/UNATT VEH [/TD]
[TD] 10/8/2017 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: odd-rows"]
[TD] CHARLIE ROBERT MALZAHN [/TD]
[TD] 13-1904A2 (F2) [/TD]
[TD] ARMED ROBBERY-THREAT USE WPN [/TD]
[TD] 10/8/2017 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: even-rows"]
[TD] 13-1204A2 (F3) [/TD]
[TD] AGG ASLT-DEADLY WPN/DANG INST [/TD]
[TD] 10/8/2017 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: odd-rows"]
[TD] 13-1814A5 (F3) [/TD]
[TD] THEFT-MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION [/TD]
[TD] 10/8/2017

[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

I tried to insert the charges but for some reason I am unable to edit the post above

still not confirmed but we all know it's her. Just utterly senseless and heartbreaking.

she thought she could help him...

ugh, reminder that we can't save everyone at the risk of losing ourselves.

Rest now, sweet Cathryn. Your work is done and the children who knew you are richer for it.

she thought she could help him...

ugh, reminder that we can't save everyone at the risk of losing ourselves.

Rest now, sweet Cathryn. Your work is done and the children who knew you are richer for it.

Well said ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you googlemap it, if his parents home in Williams(? if that is where they live? as step-dad is Chief of Police there..I don't know the requirements for residence/employment there. Some cities require police to live in cities they serve) is straight north of where she was found (Mayer) pretty much. Then he just keeps going south on the 17 into PHX to cause even more mayhem and destruction. Wonder if he left the jail. Went straight west from Flagstaff to his parents for belongings or whatever and then headed directly south towards Phoenix. Just wondering if it is possible he killed her before Williams or after and on his way to Phoenix?? I would guess after. After getting a weapon??? This beautiful lady deserved nothing close to this. Looking at all of the msm she was able to touch a lot of kids in her short time here. They loved "Ms.G"!

Mayer is SOUTH of Williams. This is the more "non-policed" way to get to Mayer. Williams W. to Ashfork, Ashfork S. to 89A, 89A E. to HWY 69S (Fain Road), there it connects at Prescott Valley/Hwy 69. The white circle between Williams and Phoenix is Mayer.

If he had gone to Flagstaff, he would have had to deal with DPS/Coconino County Sheriffs that patrol in and out going traffic from I-17 and I-40 into Flag, take I-17 down to Cordes (again, DPS/Coconino/Yavapai County Sheriffs presence) and backtrack on Hwy 69 to Mayer, a stretch that is also heavily patrolled by DPS/Yavapai County Sheriffs.

I-17 and I-40 are considered "drug corridors", illegal drug and human traffickers have used Hwy's 69/89 to bypass the patrols for years. If he knew Williams, the drug trade, and the surrounding areas, he knew what route to take that would least likely to be patrolled.

attachment.php

https://www.google.com/maps/place/W...5e7c7cdc05386!8m2!3d35.2494566!4d-112.1910031

Attachments

• williams.jpg
    williams.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 286

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members