Found Deceased AZ - Cathryn Gorospe, 44, Flagstaff, 6 Oct 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JMO I have a feeling it may have all started when she mentioned rehab to him.

JMO I have a feeling it may have all started when she mentioned rehab to him.

I get the feeling he was doing nothing but manipulating her from the get-go. His family had no intentions of paying his bail probably because they knew what he was capable of. The 1st (maybe 2nd) thing on his mind when he was cut loose was score some drugs. He didn't care that she just dropped $20K to get him out, she probably got bewildered, upset, and then angry......and he just went off on her.

I wish I could have run into her and said "Girl, have you lost your ever loving mind?!?!"

Let LE, the Courts, and the professionals handle these kinds of felons. Life is too short. Been there, done that, was lucky to get out with my life and my child. So many of us are naive to the world of crime, drugs, jail, and prison. It will consume you, it will break your heart, and destroy you if you're not lucky enough to break away.

:grouphug:

this article has a lot of info. A LOT. is it standard for parole to only be 6 months in AZ? its 3 years here in CA and can be shortened if the parolee complies completely, stays employed and is not arrested. this guy violated parole a month later and still was discharged in 6 months??? I have questions

Just heartbreaking. Was so hoping for her to be found alive. Here is another article from The Daily Sun in Flagstaff

http://azdailysun.com/news/local/body-of-missing-teacher-believed-found/article_07ec4ad5-3ee8-5077-88e5-7c39a5fdffe4.html

this article has a lot of info. A LOT. is it standard for parole to only be 6 months in AZ? its 3 years here in CA and can be shortened if the parolee complies completely, stays employed and is not arrested. this guy violated parole a month later and still was discharged in 6 months??? I have questions

It all depends on the inmate, the conviction, his "support" (family, friends, church, etc) and how much of the sentence was served. He may have not picked up any charges when he was violated, so he just went back to prison and served the rest of his parole there.

It all depends on the inmate, the conviction, his "support" (family, friends, church, etc) and how much of the sentence was served. He may have not picked up any charges when he was violated, so he just went back to prison and served the rest of his parole there.

I just don't see how he discharged from parole 7 months after being released on parole and got a violation a month later. And his conviction that put him in prison was assault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Gorospe was interested in getting Malzahn a job, rehabbing him and making him go to narcotics anonymous meetings, he added.

But Gorospe only made up her mind the first week of October. They planned to meet outside Coconino County Jail that Friday.

They waited for a long time. At one point, Gorospe “got out of the car and she said `you know Tom, I thought about all the stuff you told me and the reasons why I’m going to get him out’ and she said `I guess I really do love him,’ ” Watson said.

“And that was the last talk we had before he got out,” Watson said.

Gorospe and Malzahn were supposed to eat dinner and return together to Phoenix, according to Gorospe’s roommate."

http://ktar.com/story/1792413/bonds...get-arizona-teacher-not-to-pay-suspects-bail/

"Gorospe’s family visited the site the body was found and saw the remains “on a mountain of dirt behind some old mining equipment in a little wash,” the victim’s brother Cory Gorospe said.

Authorities have classified the case as a homicide. But they are not yet releasing the cause of death.

“She was a very sociable person, someone you could just walk up to … never really shied away from a conversation from anyone and always took the opportunity to meet new people,” Cory Gorospe said."

http://ktar.com/story/1792413/bonds...get-arizona-teacher-not-to-pay-suspects-bail/

"Gorospe’s family visited the site the body was found and saw the remains “on a mountain of dirt behind some old mining equipment in a little wash,” the victim’s brother Cory Gorospe said.

Authorities have classified the case as a homicide. But they are not yet releasing the cause of death.

“She was a very sociable person, someone you could just walk up to … never really shied away from a conversation from anyone and always took the opportunity to meet new people,” Cory Gorospe said."

Oh man. They saw her like that?

Oh man. They saw her like that?

If it isn't a typo, yep, Yavapai County Sheriff's Dept. is kind of known for that. Not knocking the entire department, but some of them aren't too "delicate" in certain situations. But then again, it might have been requested by the family.

I can't find any record of a C. or R. Malzahn in the ADOC data base. He must have been doing County time on all his previous charges.
Case/charge info for CM from Public Access, some counties are NOT available. https://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/publicaccess/caselookup.aspx Looks like a lot of backroom deals going on.

Type in his name............

I can't find any record of a C. or R. Malzahn in the ADOC data base. He must have been doing County time on all his previous charges.
Case/charge info for CM from Public Access, some counties are NOT available. https://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/publicaccess/caselookup.aspx Looks like a lot of backroom deals going on.

Type in his name............

That's odd because they said he did 4 years in prison and was paroled in 11/16 in the article I linked on the previous page (lots of info) I have lots of questions. Was there backroom stuff? Is that possible? This guy was a ticking bomb!

That's odd because they said he did 4 years in prison and was paroled in 11/16 in the article I linked on the previous page (lots of info) I have lots of questions. Was there backroom stuff? Is that possible? This guy was a ticking bomb!

There's a lot of charges, over the years, that were dismissed. Plea deals, or influence by his father's LE position?
:gaah:

There's a lot of charges, over the years, that were dismissed. Plea deals, or influence by his father's LE position?
:gaah:
It's his stepfather, not his biological father. I wonder how close they are - if he was raised by him, or if he's a relatively new stepfather and they're not particularly close. Could make a big difference to that.

OH NO. When a bail bondsman tries to get you NOT to bail someone out, you should NOT bail that person out.

(Not victim blaming here -- it's all that *******'s fault -- but just for future reference! Good advice is good advice.)

I think her family saw the site where her body was found, not her actual body at the site, if I read correctly.

Seeing the site might bring some level of peace IMO. They have placed flowers there.

I would also be very interested in where and how they met. Not that it matters, she's still deceased.

She obviously did love him. Too bad he didn't feel the same way about her. She deserved so much better than this.

im not sure which link it was, but in one of the posted links, maybe the one I replied to that had lots of info, it stated they met over the summer when she was working her summer job at a railroad and he was a server nearby.

I would also be very interested in where and how they met. Not that it matters, she's still deceased.

She obviously did love him. Too bad he didn't feel the same way about her. She deserved so much better than this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Looneybinmadness
Back