Found Deceased AZ - Cathryn Gorospe, 44, Flagstaff, 6 Oct 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OH NO. When a bail bondsman tries to get you NOT to bail someone out, you should NOT bail that person out.

(Not victim blaming here -- it's all that *******'s fault -- but just for future reference! Good advice is good advice.)

Righ!! Not victim blaming either, just saying wow, that puts iti to perpective...if the BAIL BONDSMEN even said that...

Poor lady...I have had a tendency to be attracted to and try help "bad boys"...

Where was he when Adrienne Salinas was killed? Can't help but ask...

Where was he when Adrienne Salinas was killed? Can't help but ask...

Hmmm. Good question! Did he happen to like to go to parties in the ASU area and skulk around the streets at night looking to pick up stranded women? He should be looked at for this!

[h=2]Police Update: Body found near Mayer, but teacher killed in Williams[/h]
WILLIAMS — The Flagstaff Police Department has filed a charging request asking Coconino County Attorney’s office to file charges against Charlie Malzahn for the murder of Glendale kindergarten teacher Cathryn Gorospe, 44.

Sgt. Cory Runge, a spokesman for Flagstaff Police Department said the department is requesting charges through Coconino County because of evidence indicating Gorospe was murdered somewhere near Williams.

“While the details are being withheld to protect the integrity of the case, the police have some evidence indicating Cathryn was murdered in or near Williams,” Runge said.

Runge said the exact crime scene had not been located but detectives believe that Williams was the last place Gorospe was seen alive.
He also said evidence of vegetation in Gorospe’s car is only found in Williams and one other place in Arizona.

“We know she was killed in her car,” Runge said. “She then exited the car in the area of Williams and then she was put back in the car.”
https://www.dcourier.com/news/2017/nov/07/police-update-body-found-near-mayer-teacher-killed/

it makes sense they want to be sure. this is probably going to be a capital case with all these aggravating circumstances and those trials are pricey.

Wait. Did i read that correctly? She was killed in the car, then taken out, put back in, then taken out again? I think this guy has a mental illness.. The part about when he was with his sister and said she was gunna have him sniped by the car next to them says it all.. IMO

There must be a ton of blood evidence in that vehicle to make this a slam dunk for the prosecution...I imagine.

Here is a link that has about 15 criminal files on him over the years...

Court case files:
S-0700-CR-2017146735 might be this case as the charges are not listed yet...
S-0300-CR-201700779 must be the case she bailed him out on
S-0700-CR-2017146381 charges stemming from his arrest I would presume

https://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/publicaccess/caselookup.aspx

I just pulled him up by last name

Cathryn’s murder was discussed on Crime & Justice with Ashleigh Banfield on HLN last night. The transcript of the show should be available later.

I can't find the court that the murder charges are being tried in..............it could possibly be Yavapai County because they don't post their cases on the "Public Access Case Lookup". Public Access Case Lookup

It appears that this is the case. Looks like they either did or are getting a Grand Jury together. Last hearing was 09.20.2018, but the minutes do not come up for this case. At least for me. Looks like it is being considered a "Complex Capital Case". They may be trying for the death penalty, which is why they need the grand jury ??? My theory anyway.

S-0700-CR-2018001976 view case minutes
Title: St of AZ Vs. Charlie Malzahn

Public Access Case Lookup

I just read this...I remember this story. SO sad....whyyyyyy do so many otherwise intelligent women get involved with scummy, criminal jerks? It just NEVER ends well. The guy was obviously a ne'er do well and a creep. Ladies, learn a lesson from these horrible stories...what NOT TO DO! Has he gone to trial yet?

Just checking in to see if the court system is moving this case......

Charlie Malzahn, 32, pleaded guilty in June to first-degree murder, abandonment of a body and other charges in the death of Cathryn Gorospe. His sentencing hearing is scheduled Tuesday in Coconino County Superior Court in Flagstaff.

Prosecutors agreed to drop capital punishment as a sentencing option for Malzahn in exchange for his pleas.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CatD
Back