Identified! AZ - Cave Creek, Female body in suitcase, 9/17/2022 - Jennifer Beede *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

TravelingBug

Verified Insider
Reaction score
A female body was discovered by a bicyclist riding a frequently used trail near Cave Creek, Arizona.

I've seen multiple tweets and articles (I'm local) and initially they said near Cave Creek Rd and Carefree Highway.

Actual location seems to have been Ashler Hills Rd & 40th St in the open space by the trails.

The woman described what she saw as a head sticking out of large luggage and was covered in what looked like blood.
<snip>
"I looked at it, I ride by it, and I noticed a head. It was wet and I kind of noticed a knee or something, a leg coming out," she said.

She called 911 right away and Phoenix Police officers were quickly on the scene to investigate. Detectives and crime scene tape were surrounding the area until well into Saturday night.

"They were like, ‘Yep, dead body,' so I was like, ‘Is it a man or a woman?’ and she said ‘Yep, that was a lady,’" she explained.

Neighbors say the trail is highly trafficked, so the body couldn’t have been there for long.

Based on pictures, I believe this location is the more accurate/specific one.

Around 6:45 a.m., Phoenix police say they got a call about human remains that were discovered in the area of Ashler Hills Drive and 40th Street.

The reports seem to differ, the person that found them says body and she could see the head, the news is saying skeletal remains, I think if it was skeletal it would take longer to identify, and I haven't seen anything about this person being missing. Just so sad for the family.

I noticed that, as well.

I'd think the witness who found her would be the one that seems most accurate to me. There were so many specifics otherwise.

One of her apparently very close friends - from JB's posts and this person's - make it seem like those close to her have either heard more or have thoughts as to who is behind it but can't say much yet.

JB had multiple FB accounts, none of which were used very recently.

It'll be interesting to see how much coverage this gets now that it's no longer the weekend. The Cave Creek area is pretty sleepy so I think there's going to be a push for info locally.

I noticed that, as well.

I'd think the witness who found her would be the one that seems most accurate to me. There were so many specifics otherwise.

One of her apparently very close friends - from JB's posts and this person's - make it seem like those close to her have either heard more or have thoughts as to who is behind it but can't say much yet.

JB had multiple FB accounts, none of which were used very recently.

It'll be interesting to see how much coverage this gets now that it's no longer the weekend. The Cave Creek area is pretty sleepy so I think there's going to be a push for info locally.
you can post them. suspect and victims you can post.

That’s a really open area. The road is right there . Seems like someone was in a hurry to dispose of her body. Wow! So sad .
I was thinking that since they seemed rush there will be some evidence, if they had taken her further in the desert she may never have been found, leaving her just off a busy trail.... hoping for a quick arrest, lots of evidence and an easy conviction.

I was thinking that since they seemed rush there will be some evidence, if they had taken her further in the desert she may never have been found, leaving her just off a busy trail.... hoping for a quick arrest, lots of evidence and an easy conviction.

I know from others closer to where she was found that LE have been soliciting Ring footage for the 16th and early on the 17th. And I'd imagine a number of homes over there have cameras, which hopefully will help!

It sure seems like it'll be someone with ties to the area in some form, or at least semi-local, even if just from previous familiarity of the Preserve. Although lots of open space, it's heavily used and anyone here knows that.

And it's an odd place since it's rather out of the way and not en route to anywhere, really. So unless it happened relatively up in this part of town, the place she was left is just quite curious to me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220919-134904~2.png
    Screenshot_20220919-134904~2.png
    413.5 KB · Views: 12
I know from others closer to where she was found that LE have been soliciting Ring footage for the 16th and early on the 17th. And I'd imagine a number of homes over there have cameras, which hopefully will help!

It sure seems like it'll be someone with ties to the area in some form, or at least semi-local, even if just from previous familiarity of the Preserve. Although lots of open space, it's heavily used and anyone here knows that.

And it's an odd place since it's rather out of the way and not en route to anywhere, really. So unless it happened relatively up in this part of town, the place she was left is just quite curious to me.
I am also pretty sure they have narrowed a possibly time down to a few hours, as the trail is heavily used they say.

I am also pretty sure they have narrowed a possibly time down to a few hours, as the trail is heavily used they say.
Yeah, I'm sure if it's publicly down to a 12.5 hour window (5 pm to 530 am) I imagine they have it even smaller privately.

The one thing I started thinking about after my previous post was the possibility of someone using a Polaris or similar type vehicle and perhaps accessing the area from the trails vs the neighborhood.

I know I hear those off-road/multi-terrain things even in the overnight hours not far from there sometimes.

I hope those closest to where she was found are being asked about that as well, on the off chance someone didn't access the area from 40th/Ashler Hills and thus wouldn't be seen on camera.

Her case is now posted with Silent Witness trying to get tips.

2022-3822-Photo-Flyer.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back