AZ AZ - Chelsea Grimm, 32, traveling from San Diego CA to CT, car found Oct 5 on Forest Rd 6 near Williams, she was last seen in Williams, 28 Sep 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That her parents care about her, and have the means to do so in special ways. That youth institute abroad mentioned upthread was probably not cheap, along with the wilderness therapy. Not a direct factor in the case, maybe, but gave her stability in her life, to let Chelsea be Chelsea.
MOO
Yes the boarding school overseas...and her week long trip to Canyon Ranch in Tucson last October..that's at a minimum $1200 a night

I don’t know anything about these youth programs that Chelsea may have attended, but JMO there is a dark side to the ‘troubled teen industry’. I went to one of these schools for a time and have lots of friends who did too. Of course, not all of them are this way, so this is purely my experience from knowing what goes on at a few of them, but it can be deeply traumatic for many people.

Where I was: strip searches performed by other students on orders of the staff, isolation, like weeks and weeks for some children of isolation in a room alone made to face the wall all their waking hours, weird surveillance techniques where students were encouraged to turn other students in for even minor rule breaking to earn as many points as possible. One time my class got in trouble and we had to spend a week no more than 2 feet from each other. Like all 10 of us, had to move around campus as a cluster, couldn’t even have a poo without everyone waiting outside the cubicle for you. Max 2 minutes in the toilet ever and no more than 2 minute showers. We had to get shampoo in our hair before we got in if we wanted to wash our hair. More than one student being sexually abused by a teacher. Weird obsessions with teenagers sexual behavior. No drug or alcohol recovery programs offered on site, but all of us were required to attend on campus sex addicts anonymous meetings several times a week. I mean, I personally wasn’t even sexually active, which seems like madness now.

I mean really messed up stuff. As an adult looking back, I’m grateful I was only there a few months, but some kids were there 5-6 years, from 12 to 18, and while we’ve never talked about it, and they generally seem well now, they must be carrying around a lot of trauma from it all. My school was shut down a few years after I left. I vaguely think there may even be a thread about the case(s) that came out of it. I’ll have to check to see if it’s on WS or somewhere else that I probably can’t post.

All that is simply to point out that people coming out of these programs may have been through a lot and may be quite emotionally fragile. There is often a weird love hate relationship. They hated what life was like there, but keep being drawn back to those people and places for so many complex reasons. MOO

Her profile on NamUs:

Circumstances of Disappearance:
Chelsea was last seen on Forest Service Road 6 where her vehicle was disabled. She was contacted by two hunters but denied any assistance. This was the last sighting of Chelsea.

Detectives say Thursday morning they spoke with a woodcutter who told them he saw Grimm's car on that dirt road on September 30 and stopped to talk to her where she was in a nearby field.

“[He] talked to her around noon. And said she was fine and said she didn't need any help. And she was out taking photographs,” said Driscoll.

Snip

Driscoll says ex-boyfriends have been ruled out in her disappearance. The sheriff also says her family told them she struggled sometimes with mental health but nothing definitive.

For those familiar with the area her car was found in, what types of animals are hunted there? I watched some drone coverage of that area, and saw not a single critter running around, there is little water for them, yet we've heard hunters are all over out there. Just curious.

I nearly hit an elk near Ash Fork, so I know there are elk. And some of my relatives went deer hunting out that way. Other than that, the one animal I see every time I'm in Ash Fork/Tusayan/Grand Canyon area is...Coyote.

Which reminds me - is it possible that Chelsea did have a kind of minor mental breakdown and take off for "parts unknown," to include perhaps trying to get to Grand Canyon? I wonder if there are missing person posters at the Canyon/Tusayan.

It would be relatively easy for her to join others in camping near GC, I would think. I'm trying to stay optimistic.

I nearly hit an elk near Ash Fork, so I know there are elk. And some of my relatives went deer hunting out that way. Other than that, the one animal I see every time I'm in Ash Fork/Tusayan/Grand Canyon area is...Coyote.

Which reminds me - is it possible that Chelsea did have a kind of minor mental breakdown and take off for "parts unknown," to include perhaps trying to get to Grand Canyon? I wonder if there are missing person posters at the Canyon/Tusayan.

It would be relatively easy for her to join others in camping near GC, I would think. I'm trying to stay optimistic.
I think her headed to the GC is a definite possibility, but such a long hike from where she abandoned her car. Easier to drive to it... so that part is a mystery to me. But the Canyon is such a spiritual place for so many, and for so many reasons.

"There is a saying that the canyon contains the origin of life and this is where the spirits will finally return."

Quote from: Grand Canyon Sightseeing: A Spiritual Connection

I think her headed to the GC is a definite possibility, but such a long hike from where she abandoned her car. Easier to drive to it... so that part is a mystery to me. But the Canyon is such a spiritual place for so many, and for so many reasons.

"There is a saying that the canyon contains the origin of life and this is where the spirits will finally return."

Quote from: Grand Canyon Sightseeing: A Spiritual Connection

With her car disabled, she might have tried to hike. And I just know she would get offered rides - and might accept one. There are so many young people who are living in the area, trying to find a bit of work here and there, continue their dream of nearly outdoor life.

At the same time, Chelsea did have a career and a life back in California. This case is going on too long, it's very concerning.

Snipped...

...“She was originally going to fly but because of she recently acquired a bearded dragon as a pet and the airlines wouldn’t let her take that animal on the plane, so the day that she was supposed to fly east for the wedding, she called and said I am going to drive across the country, and she said I packed my car, I have my tent, I have my sleeping bag, I might spend a couple nights in a hotel, I might camp, we are sort of going to see how that goes,” Chelsea’s mother Janet Grimm said.

Snipped...

...“She was originally going to fly but because of she recently acquired a bearded dragon as a pet and the airlines wouldn’t let her take that animal on the plane, so the day that she was supposed to fly east for the wedding, she called and said I am going to drive across the country, and she said I packed my car, I have my tent, I have my sleeping bag, I might spend a couple nights in a hotel, I might camp, we are sort of going to see how that goes,” Chelsea’s mother Janet Grimm said.

We?

She and the bearded dragon make a "we"... but someone more?

Im so surprised about the lack of interest in this case. Its been a long time with no movement.
I agree. Honestly this case is kind of haunting me. She is considerably younger than me (7 years), but I also moved out to CA from RI (and lived in CT for some time when we were still Navy). I lived in San Diego for a year before coming back up to the Santa Barbara area. I can't help but feel some sort of kinship with Chelsea. My hope is that she went off grid...but...I don't know...

Im so surprised about the lack of interest in this case. Its been a long time with no movement.
I suspect that the local LE has simply run out of viable leads. As we know from msm the family did hire a PI. Any results/ movement/status from those inquiries, I imagine do not show up in msm at this point.
I can only hope she is safe from harm. JMO

Also surprised by the seemingly quiet news on this one. If she's gone missing intentionally, LE should be contacted so they can focus on other cases. MHOO
Only way to know if she has gone missing intentionally would be for LE to have contact with her. None of these people know now if she has, it's all speculation.

Years ago there was a woman who went missing, her car was found in a shopping center. Eventually LE found her staying in a hotel in another state, she asked that her location not be given to her family. Sadly a few days later she took an overdose of drugs and walked into the ocean.

Only way to know if she has gone missing intentionally would be for LE to have contact with her. None of these people know now if she has, it's all speculation.

Years ago there was a woman who went missing, her car was found in a shopping center. Eventually LE found her staying in a hotel in another state, she asked that her location not be given to her family. Sadly a few days later she took an overdose of drugs and walked into the ocean.
It would be pretty hard for her to stay off the radar unless she had a whole boat load of cash to pay for things she needs to survive such as food or maybe a place to live. She doesn't come off to me as a survivalist that could live off the grid on her own with no interaction from the outside world. Even if she did have cash, I think someone would have recognized her if she is still in the area. Without a car she would have a hard time moving around without being noticed.

I think she either took her own life, is not far from where her car was found and her body hasn't been found. Was abducted near her car, killed and her body dumped somewhere yet to be found. Or is being held against her will by someone that came upon her car and then abducted her,

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bfred1221
Back