GUILTY AZ - Christine Mustafa, 30, Phoenix, 10 May 2017 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Websleuths needs your help. Won't you make a small donation?

Yes the landfill search started this week. On the news last night they said it could take months of searching. I hope not!

Yes the landfill search started this week. On the news last night they said it could take months of searching. I hope not!
I wonder if LE got information that would lead them to try searching again. I cannot imagine. It's hot where I am and typically much hotter in PHX.

This case is eerily similar to a case I recently saw on Cold Justice, an Indian female (medical field), an infant at home (hers was special needs & a son), failed to report to work (after a surgery recoup)...turns out that the killer was her husband (an arranged marriage & violent temper..oh & later learned he was already married!), in her case, he couldn't stand that she was doing so well & he was failing to be successful, and that she was making plans to finally leave & to bring her family over from India, so he strangled her, (and very shortly after tossed all the child's stuff & then gave up custody of his son)...unfortunately, her body was never found....and it took something like 7yrs before they were able to get justice for her...

HOWEVER, on the plus side, they were able to convict him of her murder without a body...so I hope that the similarities at least continue on that score and she, her daughter, & her family are able to get Justice!...

The TRUTH WILL OUT!, and There will be a Reckoning, in this Life or the Next!

This case is eerily similar to a case I recently saw on Cold Justice, an Indian female (medical field), an infant at home (hers was special needs & a son), failed to report to work (after a surgery recoup)...turns out that the killer was her husband (an arranged marriage & violent temper..oh & later learned he was already married!), in her case, he couldn't stand that she was doing so well & he was failing to be successful, and that she was making plans to finally leave & to bring her family over from India, so he strangled her, (and very shortly after tossed all the child's stuff & then gave up custody of his son)...unfortunately, her body was never found....and it took something like 7yrs before they were able to get justice for her...

HOWEVER, on the plus side, they were able to convict him of her murder without a body...so I hope that the similarities at least continue on that score and she, her daughter, & her family are able to get Justice!...

Sooo true!!!

I wonder if LE got information that would lead them to try searching again. I cannot imagine. It's hot where I am and typically much hotter in PHX.

I read the family has been wanting this search to take place for quite a while. I too wonder if they know something.

How police will search 2,600-acre landfill for missing woman's remains

There’s an area 50 miles southwest of Phoenix that is roughly the square footage of a football field in the center of a 2652-acre landfill.

Beginning Monday and for up to nine weeks, dozens of Valley officers will be searching there for Christine Mustafa’s remains.
Investigators aren’t saying why they believe Mustafa’s body was discarded in a trash bin, dumpster or transfer station — public drop-off sites that lead to the publicly inaccessible landfill. But the contents of any receptacle near the couple’s neighborhood eventually end up there.

“We really are hoping for success in this,” said Sgt. Alan Pfohl, a spokesman for Phoenix police. “The fact that we have it narrowed down to a fairly small area, we’re very hopeful that we will have a successful search.”

A landfill search is an extreme and rarely-used operation to locate a body. It’s costly and time-consuming, with a low rate of success.
An estimated 150 dump trucks deliver about 3,500 tons of material to the SR-89 landfill each day. But city and police officials were able to narrow their scope to a three-day window and location using GPS tracking devices on all of the landfill’s heavy equipment. Searchable GPS coordinates show where the garbage originated, where it was dumped in the landfill and where bulldozers moved it.

About 30 sworn officers from Phoenix and other Valley agencies will comb the parameters in Tyvek suits, safety goggles and carbon fiber masks.

Bulldozers and shovels will lift sections of material from the landfill and distribute it into lines in another field near the search site. Searchers will then sift through those lines with potato rakes. If they come up empty, the bulldozer will move that material away, and start the process anew.
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ine-mustafa-missing-womans-remains/778601001/

I commend them for trying, Truthfully though how realistic is it that they will be able to find anything. Since May... I just don't know. Christina's family needs some closure. I sure hope the searches provide some answers for them.

Pfficials "really think" Mustafa's body will be in the landfill, and will send 30 officers from various agencies across the state to participate in the search.

Police began focusing on the landfill about a month into their investigation of Mustafa's disappearance, but officials wanted to wait until summer has passed to comb through the facility.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/1...hed-for-phoenix-mother-missing-since-may.html

I didn't mention previously, that in the prior case, one of the scenarios that Cold Justice proposed as a possibility was that her husband disposed of her body in their apt complex trash bin (and the reason he was making such an effort to toss out their special needs son's belonging, prior to his then surrendering custody), was in an effort to hid/bury her body.

I will also mention that her husband had also contacted a long time older gentlemen/family friend, and had him fly in to town (when questioned, the man said the trip was to View restaurant properties; however, he was unable to provide any locations or names), it was believed that he either may have assisted after the fact, or that, the husband had manipulated him in an effort to develop an alibi....and that it was a possibility that her body was removed and buried somewhere in the many available wooded areas locally.

In regards to the likelihood of locating a body dumped by trash collectors from apt bins (commercial sites), months after said body was dumped.

It all depends upon the record keeping of the disposal company. BECAUSE, many trash disposal companies maintain detailed records of which vehicle (running which pick up sites), dump their trash at any given plot location, any time, any day. Because, the trash company tracks and plans their site disposal plot development EXTREMELY closely. For example, they have to say "X" tonnage and type of waste was added to XYZ plot location, so they can have as accurate a methane gas development planning for EPA reasons. Along with knowing when they have reached their estimated max waste/trash levels, in order to then move/direct any incoming trash/waste disposal on to a different plot location at their site.

So, realistically, they can absolutely say that "X" truck that picked up trash/waste at 123 ABC St on 05/23/17 was directed to dump his load at plot site 1245. Now, the likelihood of LE finding remains depends on the searchers (how thorough), the weather (types of temperatures experienced that would speed up or slow down decomp), the size of the plot, and the remains location within that plot (example if the plot was new when trash was dumped or if the plot was close to max capacity and then trash dumping at that location ceased shortly afterwards), obviously, all factors...one can never tell; however, bodies have been located at city dump sites long after they were initially dumped, so there is 'hope', and that possibility & hope is the important part. Sometimes, it's as if karma is just waiting to expose the murder. Sadly, sometimes they get away with it and no body is recovered...HOWEVER, as in the other similar case shown by Cold Justice (and in many other murder cases), one does not need a body in order to convict someone (a murderer), of murder. One only needs enough evidence, motive, means, opportunity "beyond a reasonable doubt."

I hope for her daughter, family & loved one's sakes, that she is found, and that LE is able to get justice for her and them.

'There is never closure, only a level of justice.' -- a statement often made by those in LE from John Wash, to Lt.Kenda, to many Families of Victims

OT - Please take a moment to read the latest help request from Tricia. You can see her note called "it is urgent now" under the Missing Persons Discussion forum. Here's a snip:

"You can donate at .com or use the email websleuthsdonations@gmail.com and you can donate thru PayPal.com or Google Wallet

This is URGENT!!!

There are bills coming up that are not going to be paid and that will start the awful domino effect that could lead to real trouble for Websleuths."

Landfill search for missing woman's body passes halfway mark

A search of a Phoenix-area landfill has passed the halfway mark without finding any sign of a missing 34-year-old woman believed to be a homicide victim. Phoenix police on Wednesday completed the fifth week of what could be a nine-week search begun Oct. 23 for remains of Christine Mustafa.

Crews have examined nearly 6,000 tons (5,443 metric tons) of material, said Sgt. Alan Pfohl, a Police Department spokesman. "So far we have not located anything of evidentiary value." Oct. 23 video previously released by the department showed dozens of searchers wearing rubber boots and protective clothing and face masks using long-tined rakes to examine material excavated from the landfill by a power shovel.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/amp/Landfill-search-for-missing-woman-s-body-passes-12379551.php

QUESTION: Anyone know if Interval's Atty is Private or a Public Defender?

Wow! I'm floored that they wanted/even thought that they could go from a $1M bail all the way down to a $100,000 bail?

I'd have to say that not only is that seriously wishful thinking, but that obviously, BOTH the Defendant & his LAWYER are delusional!...*sheesh* No wonder the bail reduction was DENIED!

Not to mention the fact, that Mustafa's Sister is right, her family will be grieving their loved one's loss for the 1st time ever this holiday season, so it seems rather callous and unfair to allow her accused potential murder to spend that same holiday season with his own family celebrating! And while innocent until proven guilty, this guy had No Job, No Income, No real ties to his family prior to his arrest, No real collateral like a home with a mortgage, or anything else of significance which he cared about or that ties him down locally, etc., all of which makes him a definite flight risk.

PLUS, if you are so uncaring as to murder the person you have been in a long term relationship and you are supposed to Love, the mother of your own child, and to leave your own child forever motherless, not to mention to destroy that other person's family (mother, father, siblings); Then what value would you to give to other people's lives who are complete strangers to you and with whom you have no relationship/association or emotional ties!...
.....BRAVO TO THE JUDGE!!...

========================
Also, off topic = RE: The Landfill Search, (via a previously posted link) it seems strange to me that LE looked like they were conducting their search without the periodic use of a cadaver search dog..just seems logical that as one moves down layers that they should check again as a dog would catch a bone fragment or something that a person might miss..*shrugs*

....All of the above is just MHO..

I would think that a $100,000.00 bail would be deemed unusual in any murder case in the U.S. Working with the courts for so many years myself, I have never seen a bail that low. And anyone would be considered a flight risk in a situation like this. What do they have to lose? IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926
Back