Found Deceased AZ - Daniel James Villareal, 24, left w/gf, never ret'd after hit & run accid, Surprise, 23 Aug 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Cvillar7596

Verified family member - Daniel Villareal case
Reaction score
Hello, I am also new hear. I am trying to find my son Daniel Villarreal, he has been missing for a year now. I have looked for him everywhere with no luck. I have little hope that he is still alive but I don't know for sure. He was last seen on 8/23/2020 when he left the house with his girlfriend to pick up her mom who needed a ride around 11:00 pm that night. His girlfriend came home the next day around noon saying Daniel did 2 hit and runs and fled on foot leaving her in the car. After doing some investigating myself I later found out Daniel was not the driver during the hit and run accidents. It appears to me that they staged the accidents to have an excuse for Daniel not coming home. I know it sounds crazy but I can't make this stuff up. I talked to one of the drivers that was hit that day and he told me the driver was a Hispanic male, 6ft tall, 200 lbs around 50 years old. Daniel is 5 ft 8 165 lbs and 24 years old. My neighbor seen the girlfriend around 2 am with an older stalky vato looking bald man he assumed was her dad. He said he asked her where Daniel was and she said said he was at his sister's house. The police report states Daniel was not the driver. I have not been able to get the police to take this case serious. I couldn't even get a missing person report filed until January of 2021 a whole 5 months later.

I do not know how to bring a post from another thread, so used cut&paste:

Hello, I am also new hear. I am trying to find my son Daniel Villarreal, he has been missing for a year now. I have looked for him everywhere with no luck. I have little hope that he is still alive but I don't know for sure.

He was last seen on 8/23/2020 when he left the house with his girlfriend to pick up her mom who needed a ride around 11:00 pm that night.

His girlfriend came home the next day around noon saying Daniel did 2 hit and runs and fled on foot leaving her in the car.

After doing some investigating myself I later found out Daniel was not the driver during the hit and run accidents. It appears to me that they staged the accidents to have an excuse for Daniel not coming home.

I know it sounds crazy but I can't make this stuff up. I talked to one of the drivers that was hit that day and he told me the driver was a Hispanic male, 6ft tall, 200 lbs around 50 years old. Daniel is 5 ft 8 165 lbs and 24 years old.

My neighbor seen the girlfriend around 2 am with an older stalky vato looking bald man he assumed was her dad. He said he asked her where Daniel was and she said said he was at his sister's house. The police report states Daniel was not the driver. I have not been able to get the police to take this case serious. I couldn't even get a missing person report filed until January of 2021 a whole 5 months later.

Can someone call any Arizona local posters?

jmho ymmv lrr

Daniel James Villarreal – The Charley Project
  • villarreal_daniel6.jpg
  • villarreal_daniel7.jpg
  • villarreal_daniel8.jpg
  • villarreal_daniel9.jpg
  • villarreal_daniel_logo.jpg
Villarreal, circa 2020; Drawing of logo tattooed on Villarreal's arm
  • ''Missing Since 08/23/2020
  • Missing From Surprise, Arizona
  • Classification Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race Hispanic
  • Age 24 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'8, 165 - 200 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A black shirt, gray pants and black basketball shoes.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Hispanic male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Villarreal has a tattoo of the "A" logo for the Arizona Diamondbacks baseball team on his arm; a drawing of the logo is posted with this case summary. He has an appendectomy scar on his abdomen. He is supposed to wear eyeglasses, but left those behind.
Villarreal was last seen in the 12700 block of north Market Street in Surprise, Arizona in the early morning hours of August 24, 2020. He left home without taking anything with him, not even his cellular phone, eyeglasses or debit card. He has never been heard from again. Few details are available in his case.''

Everyone please welcome Cvillar7596 who has been verified as Daniel's family member.

VIs are not required to provide links to what they state as fact about a case.

As always, please treat our VI with respect at all times. If you disagree with something a VI has to say, please just move on without arguing with them or challenging them. If you ask a question they are not comfortable with answering or are not able to answer, please don't badger them for answers.

Thank you to Cvillar7596 for joining Websleuths to share what you know about your son's case, and to all others who are here to discuss Daniel's disappearance.

I am so sorry your son is missing, Cvillar.
Did law enforcement ever forensically process the vehicle he may have been in? Or anyone's cell phones?
(I am wondering about the possibility of tracking the locations where he might have been taken that night).

Do you have an attorney, because just in my opinion, LE should have taken a report right away. I believe this huge delay needs to be formally looked at.
I truly hope you will have answers soon.

I am so sorry your son is missing, Cvillar.
Did law enforcement ever forensically process the vehicle he may have been in? Or anyone's cell phones?
(I am wondering about the possibility of tracking the locations where he might have been taken that night).

Do you have an attorney, because just in my opinion, LE should have taken a report right away. I believe this huge delay needs to be formally looked at.
I truly hope you will have answers soon.
I do not have an attorney, when I requested the police report from Glendale PD I was told they would mail it to me when it was completed because the officer was still writing it up. I received the report in the mail on the Monday before Christmas for a hit and run that took place on August 24th. I attempted to file a missing persons report again but was told that I need to file a missing persons report with Surprise PD the city I live in because Daniel was not in Glendale at the time of the hit and run accident so he is not missing from Glendale. Previously they would not file a missing person report because he is an adult and is on the run from LE for the hit and run he committed. All that time passed and now it seems to me his girlfriend is getting away with whatever they did with my son that night. They left my house between 11- 11:30 pm Sunday night, she was seen with a man that fits the description of the hit and run driver around 2am on 8/24. The hit and run happened on 8/24 at 9:00 am. I need to find my son and I know somebody knows what happened that night but people are afraid to say anything. I received a copy of the missing persons police report and the Surprise interviewed some people that wished to remain anonymous that said Daniel was dead, they even said who killed him but it is redacted. They would not say where his remains are and they could not ask any questions because they feared for there own lives. I want Justice for my son. His so called girlfriend knows what really happened that night but she is not saying anything that is true. She keeps changing her story. I knew it was not like Daniel to leave an accident like that but I believed what she said until I just could not believe her anymore and requested the police report. I don't know what I need to do to find out the truth about what happened to my son.

Hi Cvillar7596 I'm sorry about your son's disappearance. Did the girlfriends mother really need a ride that night or do you think it was a ruse to lure him out of the house?
Daniel told my boyfriend that they were waiting for her mom to call so they could go pick her up. I don't know if she needed a ride or not but she is definitely involved. She more than likely is the Mastermind if you ask me. I am not just saying that, there are many reasons that lead me to believe that.

Daniel told my boyfriend that they were waiting for her mom to call so they could go pick her up. I don't know if she needed a ride or not but she is definitely involved. She more than likely is the Mastermind if you ask me. I am not just saying that, there are many reasons that lead me to believe that.

Cvillar, there's no words I can utter to alleviate your pain. Only my heart breaks for you as a mother.

After so much time and so many runarounds it seems you are waaaayyyy PO'd now! Often a really good thing.

There's wonderful, intelligent people here on WS that want Justice always. Plus they have compassion. You're not alone. Just wish I could help you here and now.

Know you're gonna fight, Mama. Your boy deserves justice. My prayers will go up to Our Lady this evening for Daniel.

CVillar, I'm sorry to hear about your son. Was there previous bad blood/issues between the girlfriend's mother and Daniel? Could this older Hispanic man be the mother's boyfriend? If so, sets off about a hundred red flags.
I don't know who the man was . I was thinking it could possibly be the Mom's brother. The girlfriends uncle, I heard him threaten my son once. There was some conflict between the families. Daniels Grandmother (my Mom) and the girlfriends Grandmother did not like each other. They would always get into arguments nothing to do with my son but they just hated each other. I am not sure why but it goes way back, something to do with my uncle and that family back in the early 80's. Her grandmother worked at a hospital where my mom was a patient and she went in to draw my Mom's blood. As she was drawing her blood she was talking about my daughter and my they started to argue. The nurse went in and my Mom filed a complaint so her grandmother was written up. She told my Mom she would pay her back for getting her in trouble at work. My mom passed away in 2010 but the grandma just hates everyone in my family. I wondered if this had something to do with all of that but I don't know. I live in Surprise and it used to be a small town where everybody knew each other. I can't stop until Justice is served. Daniel had the rest of his life ahead of him. He had gotten in some trouble but he was not a bad person. He has a big heart, he was always helping people. He was a premie, he weighed 2.1lbs and was 11 inches long. Daniel is my youngest of 5 children. He was always very independent. He worked 2 jobs and got an apartment as soon as he turned 18 with his girfriend but he ended up moving back in with me. He had the same girlfriend since grade school but they broke up for one year and she ended up with his friend. Then she showed up here and she would not leave. I remember him coming in my room saying what do I do she won't leave. She says she has no where to go. She ended up staying. I think they had it planned since then.

Cvillar, there's no words I can utter to alleviate your pain. Only my heart breaks for you as a mother.

After so much time and so many runarounds it seems you are waaaayyyy PO'd now! Often a really good thing.

There's wonderful, intelligent people here on WS that want Justice always. Plus they have compassion. You're not alone. Just wish I could help you here and now.

Know you're gonna fight, Mama. Your boy deserves justice. My prayers will go up to Our Lady this evening for Daniel.

Thank you, I hope someone can help me find the Truth. I was wondering if there is a book or movie where they stage a hit and run to create a false reason someone does not come home?

Just the thought of them getting away with what they did to my son makes me sick to my stomach. It looks like they are getting away with it though. The police told me they have no proof that a crime has been committed. Even though the police reports say otherwise. They need to see a dead body. Am I allowed to upload the reports here? I have 2 one for the hit and run and one for the missing person. Does anyone think that will help at all? They are redacted.

Just the thought of them getting away with what they did to my son makes me sick to my stomach. It looks like they are getting away with it though. The police told me they have no proof that a crime has been committed. Even though the police reports say otherwise. They need to see a dead body. Am I allowed to upload the reports here? I have 2 one for the hit and run and one for the missing person. Does anyone think that will help at all? They are redacted.

Hi Cvillar7596,
Yes, You can upload the redacted police reports.

Best,
Tiff

Sending you my prayers @Cvillar7596
Welcome to Websleuths. Beyond sorry it's under these complicated, devastating circumstances.

Daniel James Villarreal – The Charley Project

Villarreal was last seen in the 12700 block of north Market Street in Surprise, Arizona in the early morning hours of August 24, 2020. He left home without taking anything with him, not even his cellular phone, eyeglasses or debit card. He has never been heard from again. Few details are available in his case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston
Back