Az - Dr Steven Pitt Shot Dead Outside His Office

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

MelmothTheLost

Reaction score
High-profile forensic psychiatrist, who raised suspicions about JonBenet Ramsey's family during her murder investigation, is shot dead outside his office

The forensic psychiatrist who assisted in the investigations into the death of American child beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey has been shot dead outside his office.

Dr. Steven Pitt, 59, helped investigate the high profile 1996 murder case as well as a string of other killings in the Phoenix area more than a decade ago.

In JonBenet’s case Pitt believed the pineapple found in the six-year-old’s digestive tract, which her mother denied she ate, was proof of a family cover up.

He was leaving his office when witnesses say they heard a loud argument then gunfire as he was shot on Thursday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5797009/High-profile-forensic-psychiatrist-aided-JonBenet-Ramsey-investigation-shot-dead.html

ETA that I'm not sure this was the best place to put this. Should it go in the JBR section or Crimes in the News?

0a4b9166063d16e5d9a5726b4934d7a5

Dr. Steven Pitt (right) and a composite of the suspect. Picture: Phonenix Police DepartmentSource:Supplied
Expert in JonBenet case shot dead

Interesting case since psychiatrists are often blamed by patients
or their families for the success or failure of their treatment.
Had a friend in my past life, many years ago, who was a practicing
psychiatrist and he had been threatened by dissatisfied patients
and/or members of their families. It's a risky business considering
some of the patients are not dealing rationally with their life. Then
insert the many psychotropic drugs patients may be prescribed and you can imagine the unpredictability of their states of mind.

4th homicide confirmed in Scottsdale, may be connected to recent murders

The shooting of Dr. Pitt i connected to the shooting of two women paralegals and may be connected to the shooting of another person. The two women, 48-year-old Veleria Sharp and 49-year-old Laura Anderson, were shot at a law office on Friday afternoon.
Scottsdale police also identified the two victims in Friday's double homicide at a law

4th homicide confirmed in Scottsdale, may be connected to recent murders

The shooting of Dr. Pitt i connected to the shooting of two women paralegals and may be connected to the shooting of another person. The two women, 48-year-old Veleria Sharp and 49-year-old Laura Anderson, were shot at a law office on Friday afternoon.
Scottsdale police also identified the two victims in Friday's double homicide at a law
Interesting. A psychiatrist and two paralegals. Hmmm...

Killings of high-profile psychiatrist, 2 women are linked, police say
Police are also investigating if a fourth homicide is related to the killings in the Phoenix area.
Jun.02.2018 / 5:32 PM ET / Updated Jun.02.2018 / 9:24 PM ET / Source: Associated Press

The website of the law firm that employed Sharp and Anderson, Burt/Feldman/Grenier, says it practices exclusively in divorce, child support and other aspects of family law litigation and mediation.

I wonder if Dr Pitt was involved in one of the cases at the law firm. I hope none of the perp's family members are in danger if these killings are related to a family law case.

3 more murders linked to the Pitt case, if I were the attorneys I would run for the hills its apparent this guy is after specific people who probably worked his case. Cops should be able to ID this killer pretty quick I hope

I'm sure the cops are tailing this suspect 24/7- Were the paralegals seen as responsible for the perp's case outcome or
were they available and not the atty., when perp went to the office?

Hope cops notify every person affiliated with this family law case
and they get outta dodge fast. Judge, prosecutor, DCF workers.

HMS, where are ya? We have another Injustice Collector here.

I've identified 5 attys who've been disbarred in last 5 yrs. and live
in vicinity of Scottsdale.
3 of them, I've discounted due to their crimes- all financial.
1 was charged w/ sexual misconduct and molestation of minor- does not look like sketch- would have to be a hired hitman.
Witness to Pitt's murder said they were arguing back and forth
prior to gun shots- so it's surmised Pitt and he were either personal
or professional acquaintenances.

Last atty. looks A LOT LIKE SKETCH released by LE.
He was disbarred in 2013, served 18 mo. incarcerated for hit and run fatality.

I've identified 5 attys who've been disbarred in last 5 yrs. and live
in vicinity of Scottsdale.
3 of them, I've discounted due to their crimes- all financial.
1 was charged w/ sexual misconduct and molestation of minor- does not look like sketch- would have to be a hired hitman.
Witness to Pitt's murder said they were arguing back and forth
prior to gun shots- so it's surmised Pitt and he were either personal
or professional acquaintenances.

Last atty. looks A LOT LIKE SKETCH released by LE.
He was disbarred in 2013, served 18 mo. incarcerated for hit and run fatality.

Thanks for the att search effort. Does he have any family members or was he married? There isn’t anything that I have seen that elaborates, past or currently.

E, on your above post it kinda looks like ‘1 was charged w/ sexual misconduct...’ can possibly be misread as ‘I was charged with...

Just in the case of a non member doing a speed read.

the atty that looks like sketch doesn't have much personal info
that I've seen. did you see his photo? Add 5 years of boozing
and it looks like sketch, don't you think?
His fatal hit and run was called 'drunken driving' in one article.

seems unusual to me that these shootings are linked but occurred over the span of a couple days. link

"On Thursday, forensic psychiatrist Steven Pitt was gunned down outside of his Scottsdale office, police said."

"At about 2:15 p.m. Friday, Veleria Sharp, 48, of Chandler, and Laura Anderson, 49, of Mesa, were shot and killed at the law office of Burt, Feldman and Grenier in Scottsdale where both worked as paralegals."

"72-year-old Marshall Levine, a counselor and life coach, was shot inside of an office building near Hayden and Mountain View roads. An acquaintance found him dead from a gunshot wound inside his office shortly after midnight Saturday."

I'm sure the cops are tailing this suspect 24/7- Were the paralegals seen as responsible for the perp's case outcome or
were they available and not the atty., when perp went to the office?

Hope cops notify every person affiliated with this family law case
and they get outta dodge fast. Judge, prosecutor, DCF workers.

HMS, where are ya? We have another Injustice Collector here.
BBM Maybe they were employed by the perp's law firm and they reported him for unscrupulous behavior?

ETA: Never mind. I went to the website and the attorneys there are all female. That leaves potentially a rival attorney IMO.
ETA2: Another think I noticed on the website is that the maiden name of one victim is Burt (same surname as one of the attorneys at the firm). Don't know if there's any significance in that to the case. I don't see the other paralegal listed so wonder how long she was with the firm.

Last edited:
Wow. Someone's cleaning house. Scary!
Very scary and very close to home. Until they find this guy I’m going to be looking for a person that resembles that man in the sketch. I’m sure LE has narrowed down the possible suspects, but it worries me that he’s allegedly gunned down four in three days and there have been no arrests.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleutherson90
Back