MISTRIAL AZ - Gabriel Cuen-Buitimea, shot and killed with AK-47, rancher George Alan Kelly charged, Kino Springs, Jan 2023 #2

I guess I'm a dummy in that I didn't know (until yesterday) Arizona State law allows people to enter the US "illegally" while this is prohibited under US Federal law.

Last edited:
Same here ! I was a bit thrown off by that knowledge. Sort of explains the "who gives a hoot" attitude of the AZ LE.

Exactly! Apparently, AZ LE says... Dress in camo and sneak on in. Carry your walkie-talkie/radio and your cell phone... maybe bring some friends and enemies with ya! And, if a private property owner sees ya... we can work that out as trespassing is really no big deal either. Leave some discarded trash along the way, too... someone else will clean that up!

jmo

Last edited:
Caught up with yesterday's trial replay. Some good testimony from witnesses, and cross exam by both defense attorneys was brutal. The cross of the states Dispatch employee was lengthy, and will continue on Friday am. Defense so far, IMO was able to clearly show discrepancies and narrative twisting of the dispatch calls, showing the LE's presumption of guilt before gaining the full story from the actual victim of the original call ( GAK )

Today, the trial will continue in court for the am session, then break for lunch and then it's FIELD TRIP TIME !!

Per Judge, the jurors will be transferred in a van with court deputies and sheriff accompanying them. They will arrive at the Kelly ranch, and be allowed to visit 12-14 agreed upon areas of interest, including the inside of the Kelly's home.
Wanda Kelly will be there, but will remain behind closed doors in her bedroom ( with her cat? ). GAK will be present, alongside his defense team..who will be standing outside quietly watching. States attorneys and detective will be there also, standing quietly to the side.

Discussed was also WHO exactly will be the " stand-in" for GCB and his field position. The defense had volunteered the husband of Larkin, also an attorney. He would dress in camo clothes very similar to what CCB was wearing and stand in the field where the body was found. This would allow the jurors to witness themselves if they could see the victim from many different viewpoints from the property. The state, of course..objected to Mr Larkin. They want one of their detectives or a court personnel to be the stand in. This decision on 'who' was not finalized.
Per judge, after the walk-through of the Kelly ranch, the jurors will be driven to the border area. After that, they will return to court, and be recessed for the day. Also noted, there will be no questions and answers during the visit. The jury will be allowed to take notes and write down questions, which may be answered on Friday am during trial.

Should be an interesting day today. Sad we can't 'be there'.

OMG the Judge is having a melt down. Scolding both teams for dragging out the trial. Giving the defense only 5 minutes, defense objected to this so Judge lowered it to 4 minutes. Am I reading this correctly that Judge walked out?
Wha..
Article was posted 38 minutes ago

OMG the Judge is having a melt down. Scolding both teams for dragging out the trial. Giving the defense only 5 minutes, defense objected to this so Judge lowered it to 4 minutes. Am I reading this correctly that Judge walked out?
Wha..
Article was posted 38 minutes ago

My oh my !
The defense was scoring points yesterday, IMO. But I could also see that the hopeful planned resting of the states case was getting pushed back. If he is limiting time for cross exam to 4-5 minutes, that is a serious issue on appeal. There were two witnesses yesterday, who both had to be brought back for further questioning. One of them couldn't return today, but will be available tomorrow. That is not the attorneys fault. IMO

My oh my !
The defense was scoring points yesterday, IMO. But I could also see that the hopeful planned resting of the states case was getting pushed back. If he is limiting time for cross exam to 4-5 minutes, that is a serious issue on appeal. There were two witnesses yesterday, who both had to be brought back for further questioning. One of them couldn't return today, but will be available tomorrow. That is not the attorneys fault. IMO
I wish I had been watching when this happened. I can't imagine, like you say, that this won't have a serious appeal issue.

I HATE this judge. Time limits NOW????!!! He has violated Mr Kelly's rights!

I'm watching now. The judge was in such a tizzy he forgot to call the jury in.

jmo

Something is definitely happening with this judge and this case. Whatever it is/was... he should be ashamed.

ETA: He should be ashamed and resign.

Not sure what's going on here, but something is up. And it's a drastic change. They ( both sides) have been given free reign on time for exam and cross exams since the onset. This sudden flip, so close to the end screams ( to me ) not time issued at all.

Ponder away....

Interesting that Mr Kelly was questioned by lead detective in English. However, the video of this questioning includes Spanish translation. The benefit of this is ????

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Betts79
Back