Found Deceased AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is cool to have so many locals posting! Thank you all!

The charges were from an incident on 4-13-2012 and are related to one of their dogs running loose. Not related IMO...

Could be related, if someone purposely let out the dogs hoping they would be lost or picked up by animal control and would not be there to bark when they came back at a later time.

jmo

The charges were from an incident on 4-13-2012 and are related to one of their dogs running loose. Not related IMO...

Gosh, I hope the animal control officer didn't impound their watch dog.

Thanks to all the locals for their info.

On the KVOA news article someone posted a comment about a report of a suspicious male who has been watching children on the playground at Isabel's school.

So, had those who saw a suspicious male report him before this child went missing and give a description?

I've seen a few (4, that I can remember) comments on news articles that I can count from all different people reporting that there was a suspicious male and/or a suspicious vehicle watching the children on the playground play at Isabel's school.

I can't help but think, if this is true, that is is related somehow. I wonder if someone also watched the family, knew the mother left for work each night, and was brazen enough to go in and take Isabel. If she was abducted, whoever abducted her is pretty brave to go into a house, in the middle of the night, and take a child.

Kidnapping Statistics

Of the 800,000 children reported missing annually, approximately 69,000 are abducted:

Family members account for the majority of these reported cases (82 percent)
Non-family abductions account for 12,000 of these reported cases (18 percent)
Of non-family abductions, 37 percent are by a stranger

Of child victims of "stereotypical kidnappings, "40 percent are killed, 4 percent are never found, 71 percent are by a stranger and 29 percent are by a slight acquaintance."

The average non-family perpetrator is a male (75 percent) and 67 percent are under the age of 29

Of non-family abductions, 32 percent take place on a street or in a car and 25 percent take place in a park or wooded area. The percentage of abducted children taken to another location totals 75 percent. These locations include: vehicle (45 percent), perpetrator's home (28 percent), building (13 percent)

More than 65 percent of the victims of non-family child abduction are girls

Of abducted children who are ultimately murdered, 74 percent are dead within three hours of the abduction

http://kidsfightingchance.com/stats.php

Continuing to pray for Isabel.

Not much on the news but the window was open and screen was off. They still have the area blocked off and checking all vehicles. They wouldn't let the news people in the area either. There sure are tons of police cars in the area.

How could a person get a child out of a window without her screaming? What a horrific act. I fear for this little girl. It reminds of a little girl in Florida years ago who disappeared out of her home. I think her name was Rose? Her body was found later. It turned out it was a stranger abduction and think they caught the perp.

"They were very upset," said Leon Mazza, a deacon at St. Joseph Parish, which is a short walk from their home. "We didn't ask for any information. We just let them know if they need help, come see us."

Parish priest Miguel Mariano said the family regularly attends Mass and said he asked the parents if they needed any help from the congregation. "And then they said, 'No, Father, just prayers," Mariano said.

The couple hurried off, saying they were going to meet with police.

Snipped: http://www.kvoa.com/news/searchers-scour-tucson-for-missing-6-year-old-girl/

I can't even imagine what they are going through.

Prayers for the Celis family!

Searchers scour Tucson for missing 6-year-old girl
By TERRY TANG, AP
37 minutes ago

TUCSON, Ariz. — Police cordoned off a neighborhood block where a 6-year-old Arizona girl went missing from her home during the night, as authorities fanned out Sunday over a wide area looking for clues to the possible kidnapping.

Meanwhile, the parents of first-grader Isabel Mercedes Celis attended a morning Mass as friends and neighbors joined in the search.

"They were very upset," said Leon Mazza, a deacon at St. Joseph Parish, which is a short walk from their home. "We didn't ask for any information. We just let them know if they need help, come see us"...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20120422/US.Tucson.Missing.Girl/

How could a person get a child out of a window without her screaming? What a horrific act. I fear for this little girl. It reminds of a little girl in Florida years ago who disappeared out of her home. I think her name was Rose? Her body was found later. It turned out it was a stranger abduction and think they caught the perp.

Granted Elizabeth Smart was much older, but when she was kidnapped, she didn't make a sound as she was taken because the perp held a knife to her.

Also, Jessica Lunsford was taken from her home by a RSO and, if I remember correctly, no one heard anything there either.

It CAN happen, although it's unusual.

Granted Elizabeth Smart was much older, but when she was kidnapped, she didn't make a sound as she was taken because the perp held a knife to her.

Also, Jessica Lunsford was taken from her home by a RSO and, if I remember correctly, no one heard anything there either.

It CAN happen, although it's unusual.
Polly Klaas as well.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

On the KVOA news article someone posted a comment about a report of a suspicious male who has been watching children on the playground at Isabel's school.

the article I just posted upstream said their home is near the church and school

If any of the locals are planning on attending the candle light vigil tonight the organizers are low on candles. If you have any additional you can bring, please do so!

The vigil is being held at 7:30pm at the Circut City parking lot.There is more information on the Find Isabel Celis Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/FindIsabelCelis

is anyone else a little frustrated with the lack of local media reports??? (sheeesh)

524208_2985306956658_1381558436_32207322_112432436_n.jpg

From http://www.facebook.com/FindIsabelCelis/photos

When she was last seen, it has been reported her hair was in braids, similar to the photo above.

is anyone else a little frustrated with the lack of local media reports??? (sheeesh)

I am.....but honestly...there just does not seem to be anything to report that is new and different per se.

Oh yeah. Been discussing that with several here. Sylar Newton case from northern AZ just went zilch in a heartbeat. Maybe the FBI is controlling most of this. I sure hope they do a press conference today. The street is blocked off and they weren't letting reporters in that area last night. Some say it's the weekend. I''ve done about everything I can to shame someone to report more!

I am.....but honestly...there just does not seem to be anything to report that is new and different per se.

the local media was just outreported by the associate press (just sayin')

The school is Erickson Elementary where the man was reported cruising the school. I can't find what school Isabel goes to. The Catholic School or Erickson. Erickson is 4 miles from where Isabel lives. Not sure but she could attend Erickson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minushka