AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, I have seen pics of a screen leaning against the wall next to a window... I could swear I heard it described that way too " leaning against the wall ".. what are you refering to with regard to "in the backyard " ? TIA

the 911 call

Sergio Celis: "I have no idea. We woke up this morning and went to go get her up, start her baseball game, and she's gone. I woke up my sons, I, we looked everywhere in the house, and my oldest son noticed that her window was wide open and the screen was laying in the backyard. We've looked all around the house."

why was the screen laying in the backyard?

The only reason I can come up with is if they saw the open window and screen off, I guess one would assume an abduction. She is too young to run off on her own.

With that said, I think most times, they would say "missing" rather than "abducted".

Not Ronald Cummings.. He said.. "Someone stole my daughter while I was at werk."...JMHO

Nurses have to arrive at work very early compared to other careers. They have to park in Siberia. (The docs get front row parking.) Then they have to walk 1/4 a mile to their department. They must go through the daily shift checks and then listen to report on all their patients which can take 15 minutes or longer. While these things are occurring they must also multitask putting out whatever other fires are found burning in their path (confused patients wandering the halls dragging their urinary catheters, angry family members, demanding doctors shouting their names, sleep-deprived residents and interns that are dangerous holding any device other than ink pens, and etc....)

yup... all that and a bag of chips (and when I go to werk I also factor in the extra time it takes me to take the stairs vs the elevator)

My shifts start at 7.. so I am always there at LEAST by 6:30 so that I am ready for report at 6:45. Being late for report makes everyone's life stressful and makes the start of an already stressful job even worse. And iirc she works ER... (I am an ICU/CVICU nurse) I think the time she left the house fits with what nurses have to do to get ready for a shift

:moo:

IMO that would be a common mistake for a person who speaks both Spanish and English. Light colored eyes such as blue, green or hazel can be referred to in Spanish as "ojos claros" Spanish is my second language but I've said strange things like that myself. I can imagine in a time of stress for SC, whether it be stress from lying or stress from finding his daughter missing, that as a bilingual person he would make a strange comment like that. FWIW

Sorry for the run on sentence and poor grammar. :)

Fascinating.....I believe this may explain it...."ojos claros" = "clear" kind of. Thanks for the input.

IMO that would be a common mistake for a person who speaks both Spanish and English. Light colored eyes such as blue, green or hazel can be referred to in Spanish as "ojos claros" Spanish is my second language but I've said strange things like that myself. I can imagine in a time of stress for SC, whether it be stress from lying or stress from finding his daughter missing, that as a bilingual person he would make a strange comment like that. FWIW

Sorry for the run on sentence and poor grammar. :)

I just asked our employees that question and they confirmed ... ojos claros is how they would describe someone with light colored eyes. Thank you!!

Of course then it turned into a joke about one of them in particular who always has ojos rojo
icon12.gif

the 911 call

Sergio Celis: "I have no idea. We woke up this morning and went to go get her up, start her baseball game, and she's gone. I woke up my sons, I, we looked everywhere in the house, and my oldest son noticed that her window was wide open and the screen was laying in the backyard. We've looked all around the house."

Are you saying why the backyard and not inside the house (pushed OUT versus pushed IN)?

Maybe her window faced the backyard...can anyone confirm? TIA

FWIW, I have seen pics of a screen leaning against the wall next to a window... I could swear I heard it described that way too " leaning against the wall ".. what are you refering to with regard to "in the backyard " ? TIA

Isa's window was on the side of the house. Not the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you saying why the backyard and not inside the house (pushed OUT versus pushed IN)?

Maybe her window faced the backyard...can anyone confirm? TIA

Her window is on the side of the house.

For me, it was not just the giggle.

I found the information he gave without being asked strange.

Why would he feel the need to say that his son noticed the window and the screen? Why was that detail important to give and other details not important to give? Why not just say the screen was off the window? Does it matter who noticed it? Why?

I found his stumbling on the questions he was asked strange. "Clear eyes"? IMO
Not defending Sergio, but clear eyes or "ojos claros" means light colored eyes to Spanish speakers. Very common descriptor. I have said I have one dark eyed child and one clear eyed child before, in Spanish, when describing my children.

But-I don't think RC would be on camera, walking around with the children, etc...if this was a case involving international crime rings. JMO

This may be a little OT, but just to give a little more back ground of recent Tucson news the rest of you around the country may not have heard:

It's not just the big time operators doing bad things...my childhood friend's kid was shot in the head over a pound of pot on New Year's Eve....and the murdered child came from a good family..but he got mixed up with some really bad characters...and paid for it with his life.

And just so some of you don't think we're getting hysterical in the desert over simple rumors, here's a article from January...there is concern that what has been going on down south is coming this way:
http://azstarnet.com/news/local/cri...cle_9a9969fe-42d4-11e1-b004-0019bb2963f4.html

the 911 call

I get what your saying.

Back vs. side yard? But, maybe he is just being general in that description. As in, the whole area is the backyard?

the 911 call

Why was it in the backyard ? Because the window area was staged by a person or persons who had little or no experience with doing such things ?

What do you think WR ?

Isa's window was on the side of the house. Not the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't LE mention early on something about the "entry point" of the house not making sense?

Maybe this discrepency is what they were referring to.

the 911 call

It was laying in the back yard because someone took it off from the inside.

So where is Uncle Cousin in all this???

Once the dust settled a little, it has become apparent that JM is the son of the woman who married Becky's dad after her parents divorced. This would make JM Becky's step-brother and therefore, Isabel's "step-uncle". Since I do not know of ANYONE who calls someone a "step-uncle" I assume Uncle is the most appropriate term.

O/T - read at your discretion...

My ex-husband had a brother 8 years younger than he was. When he and I split up, his brother was single. Since then, the brother married and he and his wife have two lovely little boys. I send them gifts for Christmas, birthdays, easter, etc. In my opinion, they are my nephews as long as they are my daughter's cousins. My divorce doesn't change that for me.

Then again, the man I was married to prior to my daughter's dad (for a matter of weeks, literally) refers to himself as my daughter's step-dad. His logic is that if your wife has a child from another marriage, the child is your step-child. Even though the marriages happened in reverse order (that is, he and I were divorced for 8 years before I had my daughter) he still considers himself her step-dad and has been very kind to her. He sent gifts from overseas when stationed there, and has occasionally taken her for a shopping spree with his own daughter.

When LE said the older boys are with their mother, I thought they meant RC and SC were now estranged and RC had the boys. I had no clue RC is NOT the bio mom. So the boys don't live with either of Isa's parents? is that right?

Nurses have to arrive at work very early compared to other careers. They have to park in Siberia. (The docs get front row parking.) Then they have to walk 1/4 a mile to their department. They must go through the daily shift checks and then listen to report on all their patients which can take 15 minutes or longer. While these things are occurring they must also multitask putting out whatever other fires are found burning in their path (confused patients wandering the halls dragging their urinary catheters, angry family members, demanding doctors shouting their names, sleep-deprived residents and interns that are dangerous holding any device other than ink pens, and etc....)

Thank you Pensfan, for pointing the out dedication and professionalism of nurses. Really, they don't get enough credit and, in many cases, just taken for granted. Big shout out for all our nurses. :yourock:

That being said, I am already sick of this case and it has basically just started! :banghead:

omg i'm laughing so hard right now. i really didn't mean this to be confusing...

ok -- the screen was in the backyard according to sergio. why was the screen in the BACKYARD if her window was on the SIDE of the house? why would anyone walk 20 paces to the BACKYARD to put the screen on the ground and return 20 paces to her window to abduct her? it makes NO sense.

did the psycho dogs drag it to the backyard at 6:30am? did the "abductor" think it was a good idea to move the evidence a dozen feet from the point of entry or exit?

or is sergio lying? why be so specific? why not say "the screen is off" and leave it at that?

this is all i'm getting at...tia...

Just listened to Mr. Celis' 911:

Why on earth does he sound so off-hand? Doesn't sound upset, doesn't sound like time is of the essence for LE to get on it, doesn't sound like a dad.

I loathe thinking he's done something to his little daughter, and hope that, to his knowledge, she's alive and well somewhere. My heart's not going there, however.

When LE said the older boys are with their mother, I thought they meant RC and SC were now estranged and RC had the boys. I had no clue RC is NOT the bio mom. So the boys don't live with either of Isa's parents? is that right?

So RC is the step mother to the boys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member