AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/18427472/police-searching-wash-for-evidence-in-isabel-celis-case

TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) -
Tucson Police are searching a wash near Davis-Monthan Air Force Base for evidence related to the search for a 6-year-old Tucson girl who was reported missing on April 21.

TPD Sgt. Maria Hawke told Tucson News Now that investigators are looking for anything of "evidentiary value" in the case.

Hawke said it is not the first time they've looked in the area near Golf Links and Swan roads.

This wash isn't particularly close to the Celis home. There's lots that happens in the washes here, including quite a few homeless encampments. Being so close to the base there's quite a bit of LE around there under normal circumstances (including BP, AF security and so forth).
Very true , I remember my Husband coming home from work numerous times having to evict people from living in the washes.

Or maybe the dad was angry because he found out his son and Sergio's son had snuck out the night before and he wanted to let Sergio know.

Interesting idea. I remember someone saying they had been "intensely" questioned. Your scenario makes sense to me.

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/18427472/police-searching-wash-for-evidence-in-isabel-celis-case

TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) -
Tucson Police are searching a wash near Davis-Monthan Air Force Base for evidence related to the search for a 6-year-old Tucson girl who was reported missing on April 21.

TPD Sgt. Maria Hawke told Tucson News Now that investigators are looking for anything of "evidentiary value" in the case.

Hawke said it is not the first time they've looked in the area near Golf Links and Swan roads.
Well they could have buried her shallow, but coyotes, pigs , bobcat would dig up. And spread around.

If she was at work at 7:00, wouldn't she have heard the voices or seen the men outside? How long is the drive to work?

I can't believe the voices were loud enough for the neighbour to hear them but nobody from the Celis home?

Particularly since there was an open window.

I'm trying to imagine a drug cartel of some sort taking a 6 yr old. Why they would want to abduct a small child...a child who is not related to one of them? (assuming no relation)

Is that really what drug cartels do as part of a revenge/get payment for drugs strategy? Not being into drugs or cartels I have no idea how this works. I've never heard of a cartel kidnapping a 6 yr old and then not ask for ransom. I've not heard of a kidnapping where the kidnapper didn't ask for something in exchange for the person they kidnapped.

One of the theories floated in the Nicole Brown Simpson murder was that she was killed as part of a drug cartel hit. I remember the talking heads practically breathless laughing hard at that one (not to mention LE LOLing).

Interesting - piggy-backing off what Pax said, if it went down like that (boldly), there wouldn't NEED to be a ransom, because whoever owed them money would know exactly what the debt was.

But I wonder then if the neighbor's timing would be off - if she was woken by the noise - because the mom would have still been home. It would have made more sense for a not-random kidnapper to wait until she'd gone.

I would have to believe it is related to Isa, right? Why else would they be searching there?

Looking at satellite images of the area and the map, this area is very close proximity to the Celis' residence. Getting there you would have to have passed the bar in which they mentioned early on when LE was wanting to speaking to the patrons seen in the video. IMO I would think ( if this turns out to be related to Isa ) that what happened was that ' Something ' happened to Isa perhaps a neglectful accident or ' something ' SC and Someone freaked out after not being able to resolve the situation. They then took Isa from the home and dumped the body, upon returning home cleaned up, made a mess of the room and setup the window situation, the voices over the wall were perhaps RC and the unsub bickering over needing to hurry up as RC was in the shower or getting ready for work. SC then gains his composure and gets back in the house before RC gets done in the bathroom and waits for her to head off for work at 7am ... IDK just my opinion of possibility after seeing this probable avenue of search news... And I have to concur with speculation over the chance that they may have leaned on SC and got some sort of break in the case either that or they have gotten reports of susp. serq's involving the area they are searching.

Looking at satellite images of the area and the map, this area is very close proximity to the Celis' residence. Getting there you would have to have passed the bar in which they mentioned early on when LE was wanting to speaking to the patrons seen in the video. IMO I would think ( if this turns out to be related to Isa ) that what happened was that ' Something ' happened to Isa perhaps a neglectful accident or ' something ' SC and Someone freaked out after not being able to resolve the situation. They then took Isa from the home and dumped the body, upon returning home cleaned up, made a mess of the room and setup the window situation, the voices over the wall were perhaps RC and the unsub bickering over needing to hurry up as RC was in the shower or getting ready for work. SC then gains his composure and gets back in the house before RC gets done in the bathroom and waits for her to head off for work at 7am ... IDK just my opinion of possibility after seeing this probable avenue of search news... And I have to concur with speculation over the chance that they may have leaned on SC and got some sort of break in the case either that or they have gotten reports of susp. serq's involving the area they are searching.
Like someone said maybe they got a confession. They have something for two agencies to be out there.

Very true , I remember my Husband coming home from work numerous times having to evict people from living in the washes.

IIRC, a homeless man died last year during monsoon holding on to a pillar while the wash was flowing near Grant & I-10. I think they were trying to rescue him but he let go or lost his grip.

I am more suspicious of the mother than the father. What if there is a protective order or whatever because he suspects it was her that did something and threatened her? If there is no proof or evidence to support it, that might be enough for a protective order against him.

I am more suspicious of the mother than the father. What if there is a protective order or whatever because he suspects it was her that did something and threatened her? If there is no proof or evidence to support it, that might be enough for a protective order against him.

It is my understanding that there is no protective order restricting his access to Rebecca, just an informal agreement that he is not to contact his sons.

It is my understanding that there is no protective order restricting his access to Rebecca, just an informal agreement that he is not to contact his sons.

If it is just an informal agreement and not a protective order, then, that is meaningless. Sounds to me like the mother is trying to make him look guilty.

I hope someone has confessed, if it has to be this way...and that she is found today...

I have a bad feeling about this too, since they seem to know exactly where to go look. I hope it is not her.

Here is a dumb question. What is a "wash"?

BBM

A "wash" is a dry riverbed. They usually flood very quickly during our rainy aka "monsoon" season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow