AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) - Tucson Police searched a wash north of Davis-Monthan Air Force Base for evidence related to the search for a 6-year-old Tucson girl who was reported missing on April 21.

About 30 officers equipped with shovels and picks combed through the area this morning and left at about 1 p.m.

It was not said what, if anything, was discovered or specifically what brought police to the scene.

TPD Sgt. Maria Hawke told Tucson News Now that investigators were looking for anything of "evidentiary value" in the case.

Hawke said it is not the first time they've looked in the area near Golf Links and South Swan roads.

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/18427472/police-searching-wash-for-evidence-in-isabel-celis-case

Weird and I'm sure this is not why they are looking there, but an astrologist talked about this very area, in her blog post back at the beginning of the case. I can't link to it here, against TOS.

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/18427472/police-searching-wash-for-evidence-in-isabel-celis-case

Yeah I keep going back to, "maybe" the dad had been touching her or something along these lines and maybe she woke up that night during it happening and maybe he thought he could no longer get away with it, she was going to tell. Unfortunately this is the least complicated , least conspiracy filled conclusion. All of the above is just a possible scenario and based on nothing more.

I will agree that, in 90% of cases, this is just what happened. Another 9% are likely "parental abductions" related to custody. But there's that last 1% that are abducted by strangers, kidnapped for ransom (or political favor?), etc. It is not ALWAYS molestation.

I hope someone has confessed, if it has to be this way...and that she is found today...

When I signed off last night and went :offtobed:, I had a funny feeling that we might not be waiting until Thursday to hear from LE again.

Does anyone know if that particular wash is dry or full of water currently?

Dry as a bone.

Our rainy season doesn't get started for another month. We will start experiencing higher humidity levels until it becomes ripe for the rains. When it does rain, the wash will flood to the point where streets have to be barricaded. Within 24 hours, the river usually goes down to the point that you can't even tell it rained.

Soft sand, overhangs, gullies, hope that a storm will wash body away?

Thanks to everyone for all the good recent posts explaining what a "wash" is, and also why it would be a good place to maybe bury someone. I totally agree now, that it would be a good place. Especially because of the soft sand to dig in. I also bet another reason is that these washes proabably are state-owned and may be considered public access (OR) at a minimum are not private property, so a perp would know that they are not trespassing on private property. But I have to agree with the soft sand for digging is proably the main reason a perp would consider hiding a body in a wash.

Anyway, thanks everyone for helping explain about washes. And those pictures were amazing. They obviously can have a lot of water during the rainy season too, and probably can get like rivers. Amazing for us foks that are not from the area. Thank you all. :clap:

wow... I just listened to the 911 calls
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...ed-my-little-girl-i-believe-she-was-abducted/

and would the real Sergio Celis please step up? At their first presser I was personally convinced that his plea was histrionic and it reminded me of "musical theatre".. but the 911 call... that sounds like the real Sergio Celis to me..

Wow..

Also makes the very first statement by LE all the more interesting.. that LE is watching the emotions/emotional reaction of the family (first presser.. thread one)

also makes sense about getting them to speak to the media

Of further interest to me is that their behavior flip flopped: Becky Celis had a very emotional call with 911 but has since become stoic with her emotions in check. Sergio on the other hand sounded like he was talking about going fishing or something on his 911 call and turned "emotional" when speaking to the press.

Very strange... very, very, very strange.

Also, if Sergio were the one to note her missing and then wakes up the boys.. why didn't he find the window/notice the window? Maybe it is just the physical layout of the room but I doubt it... If my kid is not in his bed you can bet I am going to be looking where he could have went and that would include looking out the window to see if he was outside.

:moo:

If I peeked in and my daughter was not in bed, I'd have checked the bathroom, then the boys room before I checked behind the curtains or blinds to see if the window screen was in place. JOM.

Check me in as a "first-time listener" to dad's 911 call as well. WOWZERS. He does sound like he's ordering a pizza. WTH????

From same link, LE tell GMA that father has made "inconsistent statements."

The very reason you hire a lawyer, EVERYONE, when questioned about anything in general is going to be inconsistent at some point or another, we are not Vulcans.

DUH. This is near the ballfield.

DIRECTLY behind the centerfield fence of the baseball field at Freedom Park where the kids played that night, I know, I used to hit home runs there as a kid and they always made me go chase the damn balls. The wash runs right behind that field.

pantano wash in tucson below during dry season and rain monsoon season, they are dry river beds that flood during monsoons, homeless folks like to live under the bridges that cross them, the bridges are the main streets of tucson that cross the washes, tucson has a series of washes that run through the area this one, pantano being one of the biggest, rillito wash being the other big one, small washes connect to this bigger ones.

pantano.jpg

rillito3.jpg

wash.

Hmmmm. If the police cleared out of the area by 1pm, it does not sound like anything significant was found. I've walked that area, it is pretty trashy and very well hidden with desert brush and desert trees (palo verdes, some mesquite). You could park behind some of the closed up shops and disappear very easily into the wash. I was walking there in broad morning daylight and felt creeped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow