AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to imagine a drug cartel of some sort taking a 6 yr old. Why they would want to abduct a small child...a child who is not related to one of them? (assuming no relation)

Is that really what drug cartels do as part of a revenge/get payment for drugs strategy? Not being into drugs or cartels I have no idea how this works. I've never heard of a cartel kidnapping a 6 yr old and then not ask for ransom. I've not heard of a kidnapping where the kidnapper didn't ask for something in exchange for the person they kidnapped.

One of the theories floated in the Nicole Brown Simpson murder was that she was killed as part of a drug cartel hit. I remember the talking heads practically breathless laughing hard at that one (not to mention LE LOLing).
In addition, if a caring father owed the drug cartel money, he would have an armed guard watching his family or he would hide his family.

I'm just not seeing the storming into the house for a debt and taking the little girl as punishment or collateral...and then the family vacates the house at once, so if the person came back with Isabel no one would be there? And I don't see LE acting as if this has happened and they are in on it. They would not be bothering the 547 RSO's if this were the case. And not continually saying the family is not ruled out as POI's. IT had been almost a month, too long, IMO, for something like this to be going on. But of course, JMO.

Possibly or maybe not random the way we think of random, generally.

Late and playing catch up...Sir, this is evasive legal courtroom speak. Can you be a little more clear? Theories are welcome, if the local buzz is a theory, please share.

I tend to agree with all of this, but stranger things have happened...

Has this ever happened before? Would this be the first time in drug cartel history that a small child was kidnapped but no ransom or anything was demanded?

I'm just not seeing the storming into the house for a debt and taking the little girl as punishment or collateral...and then the family vacates the house at once, so if the person came back with Isabel no one would be there? And I don't see LE acting as if this has happened and they are in on it. They would not be bothering the 547 RSO's if this were the case. And not continually saying the family is not ruled out as POI's. IT had been almost a month, too long, IMO, for something like this to be going on. But of course, JMO.

I agree..it's most likely something happened in the house and someone in the house knows what happened.

From what I understand of drug cartels, Sergio Sr. would be missing if there were money owed them. IMO.

Occam's Razor.

Sadly, I have a lot of experience with drug addicts. I can tell just from their voice if they are on something, even benzos. I do not detect a hint of that in the 911 call or at any other time with Sergio.

That is so strange that I feel the complete opposite, because it was like it just smacked me in the face! I didn't really have any suspicions of SC until I listened to that call. Then it was just like-BAM!-ohhh, he's high.

Maybe I am just injecting my own personal experiences into it too much. I have no problem admitting I may be full of it and am completely wrong. :)

I really don't think it's a hoax to get $$ either.

Who says they have to be blindsided? I have always thought this was a possibility, albeit slight, and thus have always thought it possible that LE knows it, too.

If LE is not blindsided by this hoax phenomena, then they sure are going to a LOT of trouble to go along with the hoax. Look at what they've done in a month: the number of interviews, the talking to neighbors, the searches of the house, landfill, cars, other houses, the review of every video film they can get their hands on, the reviewing of every RSO in the area, just for starters. Those are the things we know about, but there is a lot of activity we don't know about. Look at the number of officers, detectives, media, sleuthers. The FBI has been involved. I can't imagine the FBI going along with any kind of hoax.

I really can't see how a hoax of this magnitude could be perpetuated and not uncovered by someone (and made public) fairly quickly, let alone not for a month.

Money making hoax?

Please explain how this works. Where is the money coming from and who's paying it? How is it that the FBI and TPD, among other groups, along with a national (likely international) audience are completely blindsided for a month and no one says a word or starts to be concerned with their own involvement? Or is the FBI and TPD "in" on this hoax too? Or is this the same person or person(s) who are secretly holding Kyron Horman and raising him over the last 2 years?

I better go get my tinfoil hat.
images

:floorlaugh: That tin foil hat ain't gonna save you from the aliens mentioned - just saying lol

That is so strange that I feel the complete opposite, because it was like it just smacked me in the face! I didn't really have any suspicions of SC until I listened to that call. Then it was just like-BAM!-ohhh, he's high.

Maybe I am just injecting my own personal experiences into it too much. I have no problem admitting I may be full of it and am completely wrong. :)

You are not the only one who thought that though. He sounded just like my sister when she'd take a handful of klonopin. I wonder if the cops who responded noticed and had him drug tested..

In addition, if a caring father owed the drug cartel money, he would have an armed guard watching his family or he would hide his family.

Maybe it wasnt him who was involved? And it may not be about drugs, there are other things in the criminal world besides drugs folks.

Sergio is no drug user, I know drug users when I see them, he doesnt sweat enough to be a heavy user. Heavy users sweat a lot, esp in this heat in Az.

If it is no secret then why hasn't this awesome LE team arrested him way before now?

IMO

Maybe you missed the post about a certain narcotics division chief and who he is ( purportedly) related to? And how many charges both RC and SC have had go "poof"?

JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was under the impression that the young woman who heard the voices near her window at 6:30 AM lives in that small unit on the back of the neighboring property--the unit that opens onto the alleyway in back of the houses. Is this incorrect?

If I am correct, her window would be adjacent to the Celis' back yard, and not to Isa's bedroom window. But maybe I'm mistaken?

I was under the impression that the young woman who heard the voices near her window at 6:30 AM lives in that small unit on the back of the neighboring property--the unit that opens onto the alleyway in back of the houses. Is this incorrect?

If I am correct, her window would be adjacent to the Celis' back yard, and not to Isa's bedroom window. But maybe I'm mistaken?

No, she lives to the side of the Celis home where Isabel's window is. The other side of the Celis house is on the street, theirs is a corner lot.

If the parents owed a drug cartel money, they would all be dead in a gruesome and horrible fashion.

Maybe it wasnt him who was involved? And it may not be about drugs, there are other things in the criminal world besides drugs folks.

Sergio is no drug user, I know drug users when I see them, he doesnt sweat enough to be a heavy user. Heavy users sweat a lot, esp in this heat in Az.
Wondering what facts this is based on?

Sadly, I have a lot of experience with drug addicts. I can tell just from their voice if they are on something, even benzos. I do not detect a hint of that in the 911 call or at any other time with Sergio.
Those who are physically dependent on opioids and benzos take very high doses. With increased amounts, they become lethargic and will have slurred speech along with other side effects. When someone is on low dose of a benzo, they don't slur their speech, but the desired effect of decreased agitation can be witnessed. IMO, Sergio's affect was grossly inappropriate for the situation. He should have been agitated. He also misinterpreted that the 911 operator wanted his wife's height and not his daughters and he had difficulty spelling Isabel's name. Perhaps he is normally "goofy" like this, but I doubt it.

Now it's all starting to click. After watching the police chief and the way he *very carefully* worded some responses and now hearing the 911 call info (about him falling asleep watching TV so that he doesn't have his wife as an alibi) - it's obvious to me that the cops don't believe SC was really home all night. I'm not saying he's necessarily responsible for Isa's disappearance - but it sure doesn't seem that they're buying his story about being home all night.

I had a silly thought - really out there.

What if the person/s who took Isa wanted LE to think she was dead? The movie Flatliners came to my mind. Could she not have died then be brought back? And if that happened would the dogs have detected death since the cadaver dogs can really smell death within minutes?

Why send that fear?

As I said it was a silly thought. All in my opinion and weird way of thinking.

Hoping Isabel comes home soon ALIVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member