AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant see an adult going thru those windows!
the windows are high and very narrow ... he would need something to stand on also to get into the window.

JMO

Which windows?

One of our posters is a local and she went by there and I think they said the windows are about 2 feet from the ground.

imo

Lava, iirc Chief Villasenor said they wanted to do the search by the books (re: getting a warrant)

I personally don't blame them a bit since they said they are approaching the investigation at all angles.

Question about search warrants? Do they need for legality reasons? Could the family just allow them to do their search without one?

Yes, it is customary to get a SW rather than just obtaining permission from the homeowner.

LE did say that the parents agreed for them to do the search of their home but they wanted to go with a SW.

The only reason they would need is Isa went missing from that home. That is more than enough to obtain a SW.

imo

Lava, iirc Chief Villasenor said they wanted to do the search by the books (re: getting a warrant)

I personally don't blame them a bit since they said they are approaching the investigation at all angles.

That is what I was thinking, thanks! Trying to explain that to someone who always thinks the worst lol.

Yes, it will be around 7:30 AM. Sorry for the confusion as I went back three hours from my current time of posting ..... not totally awake yet! :blushing:

Hi Patty, I'm local. It's 6:18 AM here in Tucson now, and so the report will be an hour from now. (Didn't know if I misunderstood the times you were mentioning) :)

Dan Abrams and Nancy Grace were on Good Morning America talking about family were seen at a game on Friday Night.

I cannot find a link.

I keep trying to shake the feeling that something happened in the family....I know that there are a handful of cases where a child has been taken by a stranger but out of their home is rare!
I am one of those paranoid people, (I know my husband being a victim of a violent crime, has changed me....I struggle with anger)! I have a security system, all window, doors and camera's, we have a Rottie that we dearly love but her job is to attack intruders just long enough for me to get out of bed and fire my weapon!
We often have our grandchildren, no doors to bedrooms are shut and the first thing I do every morning is look in on my babies!
All three of my grown children have security systems, video's and big beautiful indoor Rotties! Not long ago our oldest son found a drivers license dropped by a window in his back yard....ofcourse he turned it over to police, but not before we ran the young man up! He had a long record, both my son's went over to his address and set outside so that this young man would know that they knew where he and his family lived! As it turned out that night a house two doors down from my son had been robbed, and the young man was arrested!
What kept him from breaking into my son's house had to have been the sight of the dog, because there were NO sign in the backyard about the security system! Or my son is a light sleeper and gets up a lot at night, and this young man saw a 6'4 male weighing 270and decided Na Na! Something scared him off!
My heart goes out to the family, but this is AZ.....this is where my husband was shot....between home invasions and kidnappings, I think being paranoid is the best thing to do!

If they obtained scent items from suspects who should not have been in the home (i.e. local RSOs) they could then take the dogs to the house, let them sniff the item, and then look for THAT PERSON'S SCENT in the home. I do not know if they did this, but it seems like it would be a pretty decent way of finding out if they had been in the house.

Unless this person is a regular in their house. It would be hard to proof the person actually kidnapped Isabel. JMO

I am more confused than ever... I just checked and it is 6:13 am in Arizona.. I'm in EST and Pacific time is three hours behind me....

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_US-AZ.aspx

We are in mountain time ONLY when DST is not in effect. When DST is in effect, the rest of the States in mountain time move their clocks ahead EXCEPT us. When DST is in effect the easiest way to figure out what time it is here is look at what time it is in the Pacific time zone. When they move their clocks ahead one hour (they are normally an hour behind mtn time) they will be on the same time as us. In other words, during DST if its 5 pm in CA then its 5 pm here too because AZ didn't move clocks ahead with the rest of the mtn time zone States.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I agree and I have seen other families give permission but LE always goes to a Judge for a SW.

That way the one who gave permission cant say that LE took something they werent suppose to take. When a SW is done then LE gives the homeowners or renters an itemized inventory list as to what property was taken. That way there can be no confusion.

It is pretty much standard protocol in all cases.

IMO

I got the time with no problem, but the confusion is Pacific or Mountain. Arizona always, at least for me was in the Mountain Time Zone, however, they do not recognize Daylight Savings Time and I didn't realize it. :(

Although before DST, Arizona would only be a 2 hours difference in time for me, my brain (old as it is) hasn't adjusted to the fact it is now 3 hours from me until we switch again. Old habits never die .... :crazy:

I agree and I have seen other families give permission but LE always goes to a Judge for a SW.

That way the one who gave permission cant say that LE took something they werent suppose to take. When a SW is done then LE gives the homeowners or renters an itemized inventory list as to what property was taken. That way there can be no confusion.

It is pretty much standard protocol in all cases.

IMO
I wish this would have been done in the Lisa Irwin case.

We are in mountain time ONLY when DST is not in effect. When DST is in effect, the rest of the States in mountain time move their clocks ahead EXCEPT us. When DST is in effect the easiest way to figure out what time it is here is look at what time it is in the Pacific time zone. When they move their clocks ahead one hour (they are normally an hour behind mtn time) they will be on the same time as us. In other words, during DST if its 5 pm in CA then its 5 pm here too because AZ didn't move clocks ahead with the rest of the mtn time zone States.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Why does Arizona have to be this way with the Time Zones?

ETA: I found out why -
Why Arizona doesn't observe Daylight Saving

Unlike almost everywhere else, Arizona doesn't observe Daylight Saving Time (DST), and hasn't done so for the last 40 years.

Arizona's independence from DST can cause a lot of confusion for both residents and visitors.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/state/why-arizonans-dont-observe-daylight-saving-time#ixzz1t3k24rIb

My excuse for not knowing is because I live on the East Coast. :crazy:

Why does Arizona have to be this way with the Time Zones?

ETA: I found out why -
Why Arizona doesn't observe Daylight Saving

Unlike almost everywhere else, Arizona doesn't observe Daylight Saving Time (DST), and hasn't done so for the last 40 years.

Arizona's independence from DST can cause a lot of confusion for both residents and visitors.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/state/why-arizonans-dont-observe-daylight-saving-time#ixzz1t3k24rIb

My excuse for not knowing is because I live on the East Coast. :crazy:[/QUOTE

Here is something that is really odd about AZ time zone......On the Indian reservations the ones close to NM change to their time, the ones close to California change to their times! I worked for adult probation with a big chunk of the Navajo Res in my county....It made it very difficult to make sure we honored the time change when it came to appointments! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova