AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks i walk away from the computer and i miss stuff Is it true neighbours have a camera that LE have now? As i missed this info.

it was an abc article that mentioned the camera... so no, I think at this point you should all join me up on my salt block the size of Utah :moo:

Also, street lighting or other bright lighting in the view of a camera will make a glare (think whiteout here) and anything beyond that will not be visible.

I can clip/copy mine from last night to show what I mean, if you want?

LE knows and sadly burglars have learned to shine their headlights and flashlights at cameras so nothing can be seen.
Not that I think that happened here, just stating in general.

you know, the one plus about the urban location are traffic cameras... they check all the traffic between 11pm-8am ....I wonder if there are any near her home?

On Tuesday night, an FBI team specializing in behavior profiles searched the Celis family home and interviewed the family members. The family is now allowed back in their home following the search, but has not yet returned, Villasenor said today.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-tu...ce-videos-hold/story?id=16210060#.T5gscdkw_eU

Earlier someone said the FBI BAU had not questioned the family. This story states they have?[/QUOTE]

Straight from the lieutenant's mouth this morning at the presser - he said BAU had *not* interviewed them yet.

I'm wondering if the father called mom at work to see if she knew where Isabel was. Did she call him back to ask if he found her? Did she come home right away?

:please::please::please:

That's an excellent question. The answer that would make me comfortable would be yes - he called her immediately. If there is no record of a call, I would wonder why......

Natisha Lance said on NG that the window in Isabel's bedroom is about 6' from the ground.

If the kidnapper had a car, he/she could have brought a ladder and wore gloves so they wouldn't leave any fingerprints.

The perp could have been in and out of Isabel's bedroom in under a minute or two.

I saw a really interesting show a few years ago. A reformed burglar said the best time to enter a home is while the family is having dinner. He said they are making noise, everyone is gathered in one room, and you can make entry without anyone noticing. He told that most people keep their valuables in an underwear drawer or the bedroom closet, and he could be in and out without leaving the place looking ransacked in just a few minutes. He ALSO said that he had NEVER brought a ladder. First of all, it would look suspicious if he was wandering around with a ladder, and second, most people foolishly leave a ladder outside their home, often in an unlocked shed or garage, and it was easy enough to "borrow" one on site.

I wish google maps for this area would update their system from 2008 to 2012 as we might get to see more stuff!

Maybe the police should look into why the kidnapping stopped and started again (if same perp) Maybe jail time is the reason the kidnapping stopped (again if related)?

I wonder if that's why the FBI BAU flew into town. (or maybe I watch too many Criminal Minds episodes...lol. ;) )

you know, the one plus about the urban location are traffic cameras... they check all the traffic between 11pm-8am ....I wonder if there are any near her home?
Are they recorded though? Here in my city in FL they aren't. They are monitored but not recorded. A call to the county transportation dept would answer that one.

ETA: NM, You found the answer before I could finish posting the question! LOL :)

About 12 hours later, authorities decided to re-enter the dwelling with members of an FBI behavioral-analysis team who would study the interior, getting their own "first-hand view of the scene", before interviewing Isabel's parents, siblings and other potential witnesses, police said in a statement.

Police said they have stayed in constant contact with Isabel's parents, and all four members of her immediate family remained together at an undisclosed location.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/25/isabel-mercedes-celis-search_n_1451102.html

I really do think it depends on the individual child as to what a parent's initial thought might be upon discovering that child missing first thing in the morning.

I would naturally be panicky but might assume my Little Knot had taken it upon herself to go outside and bring in the paper, or pick some flowers 'for YOU 'Mom!' even though we have repeatedly stressed that she must NEVER even open a door unless adults are awake and know she is doing so.

6 year-olds don't always make good choices which is why they have parents, lol. And some children (like mine) are more likely to act first and ask forgiveness later, which scares the bejeezus out of me!

If my child were not so 'adventurous', I could easily see automatically 'knowing' she had been kidnapped. Again, a parent usually has a pretty good feel for what their child would or would not do, even if they occasional surprise you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I admit I'm the first one to suspect the parents when they awake to find one of their children gone in the night (or in the daytime for that matter), but I don't think that is the case here. I do think it's someone the police have likely already talked to, or someone close to someone the police have already talked to.

This was done by someone who targeted this particular child in advance. He/she has seen Isabel somewhere around the neighborhood or school or Isabel is the playmate of a neighbor or relative of the perp or he/she was in the area doing some kind of work and saw Isabel then. I also think it's very likely he/she lives within a 3-4 block radius of the home.

I also think that while it's possible this is one of those exceedingly rare cases where the victim is still alive (Jaycee Dugard, Elizabeth Smart) the chances are astronomically high that Isabel was killed within hours of her disappearance, perhaps even before she was discovered missing. LE really should be telling people to be on the lookout for strange or unusual behavior from anyone in a mile or two radius, and giving people a list of behaviors to look for.

Whoever took that child from her room is very likely someone she knew. And someone her family knows or knows of. I don't think it's the family though. Not this time.

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCAQ8gEwAA

Hope the link holds, if not Nurse, help me?

You can see the retail adjacent parking area and the light poles. I can see three of them which may have shed some light along the street. Also one light which looks like it may shed light along the back alley of the Celis home (if they are working).

On the upper level there is a window to the right end of the house. It has security bars over the window.

I can't make out but are they on the lower level too? Odd to put them on second floor and not first floor but maybe they were used as a decorative touch (we saw many used in El Paso TX for decorative look).

Just something I noticed.

There are red light cameras at the intersection of Craycroft and Broadway.

I wish google maps for this area would update their system from 2008 to 2012 as we might get to see more stuff!
.......and update photos! I was having a bathroom remodeled with a dumpster sitting outside when the last photo was taken, so it appears that Oscar the Grouch and I live in a trash can.
LOL

On the upper level there is a window to the right end of the house. It has security bars over the window.

I can't make out but are they on the lower level too? Odd to put them on second floor and not first floor but maybe they were used as a decorative touch (we saw many used in El Paso TX for decorative look).

Just something I noticed.

Keep in mind that these photos are from 2008 and things could have changed on the house and surrounding buildings.

I ran into that problem yesterday trying to match up a media photo to the "google street view" until I was told "google street map" is from 2008. :banghead:

We are just hearing that police have removed what appears to be folded fabric or a carpet & some pillows from the family’s car outside the missing 6-yr-old girl’s home. The car, seen parked outside the home, obviously has drawn the attention of investigators, since we are getting in video showing crime scene techs with gloves on removing items. What did they find inside that car? Is it linked to missing 6-yr-old Isabel Celis? And police “refresh” their search warrant on the family home: what do they expect to find inside? Taking your on-air questions right now: 877-626-2901

:waitasec:

http://www.facebook.com/NancyGraceHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads