AZ - Jerry, 62, & Susan McFalls, 62, homicide, Littlefield, 11 Jan 2018 *reward*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am so sorry to hear that they have not been found yet- how awful for their family!

Hoping LE gets a decent tip soon to help them search for this couple. It's like they vanished into thin air.

I was so hoping they would be found by now. I think if we apply Occam’s Razor to this one, we have a pretty good idea whodunnit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn't agree more!

My heart is just breaking for this poor couple and their family. I wish I could add something constructive here, but I've got nothing. This is totally mind boggling, they disappeared without a trace.

I'm sure LE has tracked their movements from before their disappearance to see if anything is relevant to what happened. Such as, did they go out to eat earlier for breakfast or something, and someone followed them home to case the place?

Could this have been a home invasion? We just had one recently in my little town, the poor man was watching TV when a druggie trying to escape arrest for a drug warrant, opened his door and told him to give her a ride, pretending she had gun in her pocket. She lived a few streets away, and finally, the cops were able to block them in, and the poor guy is safe and ok, but she demanded he plow through the cops or she was going to kill him, but he just wouldn't do it. Had she had a real gun, I shudder to think of what could have happened to this poor man!

I am so sorry to hear that they have not been found yet- how awful for their family!

Hoping LE gets a decent tip soon to help them search for this couple. It's like they vanished into thin air.

I truly hate these cases in which it’s clear someone has been murdered, but they are so well hidden that the obvious killer walks free. My signature case (Stephanie Warner) is one of these. While it’s not impossible to prosecute a “no body” case, it is extremely difficult to gather enough solid circumstantial evidence to go to trial and get a conviction. Killers know that if they hide the body well enough, they’re home free. Even if a body (or bodies) are eventually found, evidence is gone. Unfortunately, LE can’t expend unlimited time and money searching, so all we can hope is that someone stumbles across their remains as happened with the McStays. Fortunately, in that case, there was an arrest after a year of investigating. The trial might begin this spring, over three years later. I’m not holding my breath. :mad:

So here’s hoping the McFalls are found soon. I would still like to see drones used to look for disturbed earth and tire tracks in the desert. These were clearly visible from satellite photos once the McStays were found and we knew where to look. Drones would be faster than waiting for Google Earth to update.

It is mind blowing how many people disappear into the desert. The landscape here is too vast and mountainous. Making it such a great hiding place for situations like this. To uncover or pinpoint a body they pretty much need someone to give them a map or take them to it. When I first moved here I was told that people go "missing" into the desert all of the time (usually under criminal circumstances between the two). But, to think that you can be abducted and taken to the desert and be gone forever in just minutes is really disturbing.
Families deserve answers. I hope the McFalls families do get them.

Update here:

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/mis...after-their-parents-disappear-arizona-n853826

“They bought the [Arizona] property six or seven years ago out of bankruptcy,” Meridee McFalls, Jerry and Susan’s daughter-in-law, told Dateline.*

“There are neighbors directly west of them they have some instances with,” Meridee told Dateline. “When [Susan and Jerry] bought the property out of bankruptcy, these neighbors were the ones living in the house.”

Wait. Was this property purchase maybe associated with... was it an eviction or foreclosure that showed up for the neighbors? Curious.

Good photo of Susan with her dogs.
80168d21efc39d199c0be9b62dda4b87.jpg

That's interesting that the neighbors lived in the house when the property was bought out of bankruptcy. Hmmm. It also makes for a really uncomfortable neighbor arrangement later. Motive?

Update here:

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/mis...after-their-parents-disappear-arizona-n853826

“They bought the [Arizona] property six or seven years ago out of bankruptcy,” Meridee McFalls, Jerry and Susan’s daughter-in-law, told Dateline.*

“There are neighbors directly west of them they have some instances with,” Meridee told Dateline. “When [Susan and Jerry] bought the property out of bankruptcy, these neighbors were the ones living in the house.”

Wait. Was this property purchase maybe associated with... was it an eviction or foreclosure that showed up for the neighbors? Curious.

Good photo of Susan with her dogs.
80168d21efc39d199c0be9b62dda4b87.jpg

The court records show “COMPLAINT: EVICTION ACTION (entry) on 6/9/2010 filed by Home Sales Inc.
My guess would be that they lost it in bankruptcy then had to be evicted.

That's interesting that the neighbors lived in the house when the property was bought out of bankruptcy. Hmmm. It also makes for a really uncomfortable neighbor arrangement later. Motive?

Seems like all paths are leading to the neighbors. MOO.

The court records show “COMPLAINT: EVICTION ACTION (entry) on 6/9/2010 filed by Home Sales Inc.
My guess would be that they lost it in bankruptcy then had to be evicted.

Thank, Pet Detective. I looked at it weeks ago and couldn't remember the details.

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot. This case gets hinkier and hinkier with a long-standing feud in the mix. Not good. [emoji20]

I hope the searchers find something soon.

In some of the news stories I've read: It seems they purchased this property from a bankruptcy sale. And the previous inhabitants were living very close by and they had some kind of conflict with them.
That seems to raise some serious red flags, as there is apparently no other motivation. Someone who knew the property well, could more easily surprise the McFalls. Considering they were both diabetic and the time that has passed, they were most likely killed. And this would have been a first degree double homicide. Who would want them dead that bad? So, far the only people on that list were those who lost the property to them. Have there been any other random crimes anywhere near this area that have the same MO? It doesn't appear these folks were into anything shady, has anyone seen anything to the contrary? I would sure like to know about the conflict with people who lost the property to them. Who are they and what is their background? What are they saying? Not saying?

Whoa...sounds like some serious hard feelings were simmering for quite some time. That had to be a very difficult living situation for the McFalls, through no fault of their own. Wow.

Seems odd the neighbours would have lost their place/been evicted yet been able to move in right next door.

Seems odd the neighbours would have lost their place/been evicted yet been able to move in right next door.

They lost it due to a bankruptct, so it’s more feasible than a foreclosure or eviction.

I want to add that the above statement does not state that it is a direct quote from LE

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot. This case gets hinkier and hinkier with a long-standing feud in the mix. Not good. [emoji20]

You have to ask if the McFalls knew the previous owners were living so close by. I can imagine that resentment festered over losing a home in a bankruptcy and in that case you would want the former owners to have moved well away from the area before buying and moving into the property.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back