AZ - Kiera Bergman, 19, Glendale, 4 August 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This article has more info on the texts sent the day she went missing. Oddly they won't print exactly what her replies were. Maybe they are keeping that a secret to see who knows?

Missing woman's boyfriend says he was questioned in disappearance

Also from the article:
“Clark said that two days after the vigil, he ‘was surrounded by about 20 police officers,’ in a parking lot near 27th Avenue and Thunderbird Road in Phoenix.

‘They told me they had a court order,’ he said. ‘They had me handcuffed … and when I was in the interview room I was handcuffed to the table, and they let me go that night. I’m not in connection with anything.’

Phoenix Police Sgt. Vince Lewis said he couldn't comment on Clark's account.”

All of this sounded rather excessive (for example, if LE simply wanted to interview him, I don’t believe they would need a court order, IMO), so I looked at court case information for Arizona.

It appears Mr. Clark has been charged with three traffic-related violations in the past year.
Public Access Case Lookup

Since the above entry includes his month and year of birth (08/1995), based on this information, I did a criminal court case search. It appears he has a case pending (case number starts with “CR2018,” so most likely from this year), but when you click on the case number, it says, “Sorry, no cases found.” I will post if I see any updates.
Docket - Criminal Court Case History

ETA: Maybe LE had a court order to search his vehicle.

Attachments

• 3398BC53-EDDB-4845-9DD9-68FD4C7BA4D3.jpeg
    3398BC53-EDDB-4845-9DD9-68FD4C7BA4D3.jpeg
    33 KB · Views: 36
  • 070F0A2B-237D-4689-ABB7-B4A37372173D.jpeg
    070F0A2B-237D-4689-ABB7-B4A37372173D.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 7336CDC5-B7AF-486E-AAAE-0395225F4D66.jpeg
    7336CDC5-B7AF-486E-AAAE-0395225F4D66.jpeg
    90.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 6F1140E2-9651-49A6-877D-9BB53D89E565.jpeg
    6F1140E2-9651-49A6-877D-9BB53D89E565.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I agree about the argument. That is really troublesome. Same thing that guy that killed his wife and 2 daughters said.

But I feel he was way more honest/sincere looking than the roommate and her boyfriend. I can't shake the feeling that the roommate was really the last person to see her.
Me Too!! I don't get a guilty vibe from him at all. Nervous, yes but his story sounds real. I guess the truth remains to be seen, but now I really wonder if Kiera was so upset she might have harmed herself. But she was on foot, how far could she go and how would she not have been found by now. The other alternative is she called someone to pick her up. But LE has her phone, wouldn't they have questioned that person? Lastly she could have voluntarily left, but with no money, ID or car this doesn't seem plausible.

Hall-Chand said she had a text exchange with Kiera as well later in the day.

"She told me that she was picked up by someone, someone that she had met at the store a couple of days ago. This person is unknown. … nothing makes sense.” She did not specify what time that conversation took place.

Clark and Hall-Chand sent several messages to Bergman throughout that Saturday evening and Sunday as well.

Hall-Chand said, “I was just figuring she’s just upset right now, maybe she needs some time to cool off. When she didn’t go to work that Monday (Aug. 6) I knew there was something wrong."

Hall-Chand met Clark at their apartment that day, and Clark called the police.
Missing woman's boyfriend says he was questioned in disappearance

Last edited:
No time to go back and listen, but in that interview I don't think the roommate said someone picked Kiera up? Ughh whole different scenario. Is this bad reporting, or is she changing her story? If someone has time to re-listen would you post?

Me Too!! I don't get a guilty vibe from him at all. Nervous, yes but his story sounds real. I guess the truth remains to be seen, but now I really wonder if Kiera was so upset she might have harmed herself. But she was on foot, how far could she go and how would she not have been found by now. The other alternative is she called someone to pick her up. But LE has her phone, wouldn't they have questioned that person? Lastly she could have voluntarily left, but with no money, ID or car this doesn't seem plausible.

RBBM for focus.

My apologies in advance if I missed something!

Perhaps you meant LE has Kiera’s phone records because I don’t believe they have her phone:

“Bergman left her home without her purse, her wallet, her keys or extra clothes, FOX10 reported.”
Arizona woman, 19, disappears after sending strange text to roommate

“She added that Bergman's purse, wallet and ID were left at the apartment, and said of the text Hall-Chand received, about meeting a man from the store: ‘That to me is not my daughter.’”
Questions abound in case of missing Phoenix teen

“Kiera’s mom told Fox 10 that she called her daughter but her phone was turned off. Then, Kiera didn’t respond to a text.

[SBM]

According to News 12, Bergman’s purse, wallet, and car were still at her home, which increases concerns.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy.com/news/2018/08/kiera-bergman-missing/amp/

The boyfriend was smart to give this interview. If he did show LE, like he says, text messages between them from after she left and later into the day when she also text messaged her roommate about going with this mystery person, this is evidence he is telling the truth. Maybe she did go with some stranger she met at the store. LE needs her phone records which I assume they have by now.

The boyfriend was smart to give this interview. If he did show LE, like he says, text messages between them from after she left and later into the day when she also text messaged her roommate about going with this mystery person, this is evidence he is telling the truth. Maybe she did go with some stranger she met at the store. LE needs her phone records which I assume they have by now.

But anyone in possession of Kiera’s phone could have sent those messages, IMO.

I hope that LE has been able to glean location information from her phone.

Just looked at Clark's interview.
I thought they had broken up? Yet he says he loves her with "all my heart "

I don't know what to make of all three of them....bf, two roommates, nor of this text about the grocery store stranger (who the bf doesn't mention).

Also from the article:
“Clark said that two days after the vigil, he ‘was surrounded by about 20 police officers,’ in a parking lot near 27th Avenue and Thunderbird Road in Phoenix.

‘They told me they had a court order,’ he said. ‘They had me handcuffed … and when I was in the interview room I was handcuffed to the table, and they let me go that night. I’m not in connection with anything.’

Phoenix Police Sgt. Vince Lewis said he couldn't comment on Clark's account.”

All of this sounded rather excessive (for example, if LE simply wanted to interview him, I don’t believe they would need a court order, IMO), so I looked at court case information for Arizona.

It appears Mr. Clark has been charged with three traffic-related violations in the past year.
Public Access Case Lookup

Since the above entry includes his month and year of birth (08/1995), based on this information, I did a criminal court case search. It appears he has a case pending (case number starts with “CR2018,” so most likely from this year), but when you click on the case number, it says, “Sorry, no cases found.” I will post if I see any updates.
Docket - Criminal Court Case History

ETA: Maybe LE had a court order to search his vehicle.

Nice work. I also thought it odd that he said they had a court order.

Just looked at Clark's interview.
I thought they had broken up? Yet he says he loves her with "all my heart "

I don't know what to make of all three of them....bf, two roommates, nor of this text about the grocery store stranger (who the bf doesn't mention).

The reporting is really confusing. The last article the boyfriend says they got back together and that the roommate agreed. So not sure why he keeps being reported as an "ex" boyfriend.

They have the phone records not the phone. I don't think self harm at all. I think if it was that she would have never texted anyone after she left. Also I can totally see getting mad and leaving to take a walk with just my phone. I have done it before. But I don't think that happened. I just can't decide which one is lying. The roommate of the boyfriend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1