AZ AZ - Mark Goudeau, Baseline killer & serial rapist, accused of 9 murders

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
scandi said:
This is so exciting! I wish there was a pic somewhere of this guy, as in the link they say he doesn't look like the sketch of the BK.

I hope he is the Baseline Killer - like the police said, they have a lot of work ahead of them.

I just hate that when they cut off a news conference. They did it on both FOX and MSNBC! :banghead:

Scandi
Hi Scandi! As you know now, by looking at his picture, the suspect looks EXACTLY like the sketch. His family; wife (who married him while he was in prison), uncle, brother-in-law and neice all say he is innocent and would "never hurt anybody". :waitasec: His neighbors say he was a nice, friendly guy who "would wave at you while he was trimming his hedges". His probation officer said he has checked in when he's supposed to, several times a month. The last time was coincidentally, the same day he was arrested.

Well, here's another one that found Jesus in jail and they let him out after less than half of his sentence. I saw on fox news the audio of what he said to the parole board. How he had change and that he wasn't the same person that did that crime...always they seperate themselves from the crime and claim they have change. Good thing I don't sit on parole boards...no one would ever get out.

This morning they have announced the arrest of a Mark Goudeau on 71 counts in the Baseline Killer case. 9 of those counts are for murder.

No link available yet - all I know

Scandi

Thanks Buzz, Glad to have this serial rapist and killer off the street!

Scandi

Phoenix police say they have 'Baseline Killer'

PHOENIX, Arizona (AP) -- Police said Thursday they have evidence linking a jailed sexual assault suspect with the nine killings attributed to the "Baseline Killer" who terrorized the Phoenix area for months.

Phoenix Police Chief Jack Harris said investigators are recommending that Mark Goudeau be charged with 71 criminal counts, including murder.

Goudeau has been in custody since September, when he was arrested in connection with the 2005 sexual assaults of two sisters, one of whom was pregnant, in a south Phoenix park.

The assaults were among the crimes detectives linked to the Baseline Killer case, one of two serial killer cases that had gone unsolved for months as the attacks continued in the Phoenix area.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/12/07/baseline.killings.ap/index.html

Thank-you Scandi and Buzz for the postings,it is well appreciated.:)

BTW,I missed both of you!!
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Hi Annie girl ;}

Big Kudos to all the LE work that went in to nailing this guy. All by forensics, although that only tells a bit of the story as far as work and man hours put in on getting to that arrest point.

Azlaw, if you read this I hope you come back and post with us here. I really enjoyed our conversations on the other serial killer they arrested. And you can be our eyes and ears to what is going down in Phoenix and Tempe since you are a part of the community.

Scandi

Police Link Ex-Con to Baseline Killer Case

PHOENIX (Dec. 7) - Police said Thursday they have caught the Baseline Killer, the gunman responsible for nine slayings that spread terror across the Phoenix area for nearly a year.

Police Chief Jack Harris said investigators are recommending that Mark Goudeau, a 42-year-old construction worker who has been in jail since September, be charged with 71 counts, including nine murders - most of them random shootings committed on the street at night.

Goudeau was arrested three months ago in two sexual assaults that were attributed to the Baseline Killer. He was previously charged with 20 counts related to that case, and any new charges will add to that count. At the time, police stopped short of pronouncing him the Baseline Killer while they built a case against the ex-convict.

Cmdr. Joe Klima, who oversaw the investigation, said investigators have collected forensic evidence - including DNA and ballistics - and other evidence implicating Goudeau. He would not elaborate.

"All of this evidence points to Mark Goudeau as the one who committed these crimes," Klima said.

Prosecutor Andrew Thomas said his office would draw up the charges.

"I still believe this man should never again be able to walk the streets of this Valley or anywhere else in freedom," Thomas said. "I'm going to do everything within my lawful authority to make sure that that is the outcome."

Calls to Goudeau's attorney, Corwin Townsend, were not immediately returned.

A ninth killing was not publicly revealed until Thursday. The victim, Sophia Nunez, was found dead in her Phoenix home on April 10 by her 8-year-old son. Other cases were dropped from the investigation, leaving a total of 19 in which Goudeau is a suspect.

Phoenix police spokesman Sgt. Andy Hill said that investigators believe Goudeau and Nunez knew each other, but would not elaborate.

Police have said the killer usually struck at night and wore disguises, which included a wig of dreadlocks and a fisherman's hat. The name Baseline Killer came from the Phoenix street where some of the earliest crimes were committed.

Police said they followed up on 8,000 leads to get to this point.

http://news.aol.com/topnews/article...r/20061207153509990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

:blowkiss: You're welcome Sweetie. Actually Buzz was gone for awhile with 'puter problems as were you :( ands Lil'pony. Has she come back?

I just read that link, and was wondering if there is a photo of this man on line yet. So I scrolled back up and had a real start, sucked in a deep breath, and realized I was looking at him straight in the face! That was a heart palpatator for sure.

He amazingly looks like the drawing as I remember it. Kind of one of those pretty boy looks that can be disguised in many different ways. Those cops just took their time to do it right. They should all get a fat bonus this year for being such good officers.

Scandi

mgoudeau01.jpg

Mark Goudeau...........sort of an unassuming feller.

I live in a suburb of Phx and this guy has been terrorizing this city for 2 years.

Good looking guy, light skinned african american with a french last name. He certainly does not look like a serial killer and rapist.

His wife however insists he is innocent even though he does have a criminal history and has spent time in prison. Go figure.

Also, his 2 nephews have also been arrested for drug and prostitution crimes.

What a troubled family.

Wasn't sure which thread to post this on, but I'll follow up SeriouslySearching with:
Man Guilty in 2 Phoenix Assaults
By CHRIS KAHN
The Associated Press
September 07, 2007
A former construction worker suspected of being a serial predator known as the 'Baseline Killer' was convicted Friday in a pair of 2005 sexual attacks.
Mark Goudeau, 43, is the first of three suspected serial killers to go on trial in a rash of random killings, rapes and robberies that terrorized the Phoenix area in 2005 and 2006.
Goudeau was tried on 19 charges stemming from an attack on two sisters near a south Phoenix park and was convicted on all counts. He still faces trial on 74 other criminal charges, including nine murder counts, from a crime spree police have attributed to the Baseline Killer, named for the south Phoenix street where many of the early attacks took place.
Defense lawyer Corwin Townsend said he planned to appeal. 'I don't believe they (the jury) deliberated at all, not at all,' Townsend said.
Goudeau stared straight ahead as verdicts were read for counts including sexual assault, sexual abuse, kidnapping, aggravated assault and possession of crack cocaine. He gave his lawyers a conciliatory slap on the shoulder as he left the courtroom and said 'I love you' to his sobbing wife, Wendy Carr.
Carr refused to comment to reporters as she left the courtroom.
The victims wiped tears from their eyes.

Much more at:
http://www.topix.net/content/ap/2007/09/man-guilty-in-2-phoenix-assaults-2

The baseline killer gets 438 years
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/12/14/baseline.killer.ap/index.html
PHOENIX, Arizona (AP) -- A man accused of being the Phoenix Baseline Killer was sentenced to 438 years in prison Friday for the sexual assaults of two sisters.

Mark Goudeau still faces trial for the slayings of eight women and a man in 2005-2006, and faces a possible death sentence if he is convicted of those charges. He has pleaded not guilty.

The 43-year-old former construction worker was sentenced for his September conviction on charges of raping one woman and sexually attacking another as they walked home from a park.

The baseline killer gets 438 years
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/12/14/baseline.killer.ap/index.html
PHOENIX, Arizona (AP) -- A man accused of being the Phoenix Baseline Killer was sentenced to 438 years in prison Friday for the sexual assaults of two sisters.

Mark Goudeau still faces trial for the slayings of eight women and a man in 2005-2006, and faces a possible death sentence if he is convicted of those charges. He has pleaded not guilty.

The 43-year-old former construction worker was sentenced for his September conviction on charges of raping one woman and sexually attacking another as they walked home from a park.

w00t!!!

trial started today for all the other crimes attributed to the Baseline Killer, they are all tied together by ballistics,

http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=htt...+trial&usg=AFQjCNHLovB3A8mmU41ASd_dhbm3Bm2iyQ

he is professing his innocence and there is another man who was investigated as being the possible killer (ruled out by LE) who defence is blaming

there is stuff out there on the net, a site set up by his wife Wendy alledging all manner of conspitacy theories and saying he was a convenient patsy for the cops as they were under presure to arrest somebody,

trial expected to last about 9 months, it will be very interesting to see just what evidence the state does have against him

9 MONTHS?!!!

I guess we shouldn't complain so much about 9 WEEKS for Justice for Caylee then???

Geesh.

The guy already got 438 years. He will already die in prison...

slightly unrelated tangent here:

I wish there was more regulated sentencing laws, I mean I completely understan why there isn't, and a lot of times I'd agree with them, but honestly. I have had two friends murdered in cold blood(one was a teen, another was in her early 20's) Both murderers are already out, and the crimes were committed less than 10 years ago, but what.. if he had sexually assaulted her instead of killing her he'd be in for life?

Makes me so sad for the families of my friends.

re this case however I am very glad he will never see the light of day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back