AZ AZ - Mark Goudeau, Baseline killer & serial rapist, accused of 9 murders

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
news link

PHOENIX - When Romelia Vargas was gunned down in the catering truck where she fried taquitos, police had few answers for her husband. Maybe the mother of twin baby boys got into trouble selling drugs — that was the best they could offer.

Alvin Hogue never accepted that explanation, but when a detective called months later with a better one, he was so stunned he had to pull his cement truck over to the side of the road.
Vargas and her cook, Mirna Palma-Roman, were victims of the Baseline Killer, a serial predator who police say has killed eight people and sexually assaulted 11 other women and girls in the Phoenix area in just over a year.

Finally! Great news for Phoenix residents!

Wanted serial predator is believed to have killed 8, sexually assaulted 11

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14712223/

PHOENIX - Police have arrested a man in a sexual assault connected to an investigation of the so-called Baseline Killer, a serial predator who is believed to have killed eight people and to have sexually assaulted 11 women and girls, a police spokesman said Thursday. --> more at link

I just heard! Great news indeed. Now I can relax (a little) with my 18 yr old daughter living on Baseline and going to college down there.

richandfamous said:
I just heard! Great news indeed. Now I can relax (a little) with my 18 yr old daughter living on Baseline and going to college down there.

Oh my goodness, I'll bet you are relieved!

But please, just to be safe, make sure she remains vigilant until it's ascertained that this is the guy, okay?

OMG, just as I'm reading the last post, a news alert comes on FOX saying they will be having a press conference any minute! They have a man in custody I think.

Scandi

Press conference on now:

Suspect in custody--

Name is Mark Goodow (sp) Gudeau?
41 years old
Arrested for sexual assault of 2 victims in one case only, not connected to other cases at this time.
Arrested during a traffic stop just after 5 pm yesterday.
Forensic evidence ties suspect to this specific case.
Came under suspicion based upon info from public in middle of July this year.

Police asking media not to release photo of suspect.

I'm confused....

Police chief thanking everyone involved....going on to name names & departments.

Reminiscent of Boulder DA....???

This is so exciting! I wish there was a pic somewhere of this guy, as in the link they say he doesn't look like the sketch of the BK.

I hope he is the Baseline Killer - like the police said, they have a lot of work ahead of them.

I just hate that when they cut off a news conference. They did it on both FOX and MSNBC! :banghead:

Scandi

scandi said:
OMG, just as I'm reading the last post, a news alert comes on FOX saying they will be having a press conference any minute! They have a man in custody I think.

Scandi

Fox was covering it for about 2 minutes, and cut it off. I switched to MSNBC, they covered it for about an additional minute. Darn! Why can't they show the whole darn thing? His name is Mark Goodow (sp?) and he was arrested after a traffic stop last night. I think they said he's only being charged with 1 case involving 2 rapes in connection with the Baseline rapist. Sounds a little questionable. I sure hope they got the guy responsible for all the Phoenix rapes, attempted rapes and murders.

The local news interviewed some of his neighbors, and his neighbors are quoted as saying he is "very good looking."

julianne said:
Police asking media not to release photo of suspect.

I'm confused....

Police chief thanking everyone involved....going on to name names & departments.

Reminiscent of Boulder DA....???

I just read your post, julianne. I was thinking along the same lines, at least as to why they wouldn't release his photo.

As I began my post, it occured to me that maybe they want all the surviving victims to pick him out of a photo line-up, before they can connect him to any of the other crimes. Could be?

I think that's it Liz. Darn! The local article linked in a post above is great for info. It says how he told his neighbor the police thought he was the BK because he was black and an ex-con. LE interviewed him in the days right after the last attack. Interesting.

Scandi

scandi said:
This is so exciting! I wish there was a pic somewhere of this guy, as in the link they say he doesn't look like the sketch of the BK.

I hope he is the Baseline Killer - like the police said, they have a lot of work ahead of them.

I just hate that when they cut off a news conference. They did it on both FOX and MSNBC! :banghead:

Scandi

In case this hasn't been posted yet, here's a pic of the guy:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0908baseline0908.html

0907suspectdenied-autosized158.jpg
211_261_451c_tn.jpg

I think he looks like the sketch alot. Just add a hat and some dread locks.

My 10 year old came home from school today and said to me "They caught the Baseline Killer! They found his DNA! How did he leave DNA at the crime scene?"

Luckily, his friend called just then and he forgot about the conversation. I smooooth got out of that one.

I'm assuming the DNA is from semen....I just don't want to go there. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I need to go there???? How do you explain rape to a 10 year old????

Call me a :chicken: , because in this instance, I am.

Wow, you are right Richandfamous, they look amazingly alike. Mouth, nose, eyes, shape of the face. Amazing. I bet he turns out to be the BK

Thanks Txsvicki for the photo. I saw it yesterday and meant to let you know I appreciated it.

That is so funny Julianne, about your 10 year old. Pretty astute, aren't they for age 10 these days, talking about DA. LOL Anyway, if he brings it up again, could you say7 he possibly spit on his victims? Who knows, he could have done that. :rolleyes:

Scandi

julianne said:
My 10 year old came home from school today and said to me "They caught the Baseline Killer! They found his DNA! How did he leave DNA at the crime scene?"

Luckily, his friend called just then and he forgot about the conversation. I smooooth got out of that one.

I'm assuming the DNA is from semen....I just don't want to go there. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I need to go there???? How do you explain rape to a 10 year old????

Call me a :chicken: , because in this instance, I am.
Hi Julianne, I would tell your 10 year old when he brings it up (because he will, you know that, right?! ;) ) that DNA is a chemical in our bodies and can be left in any bodily fluid. (If one of his victims bit him, he could have dropped beads of blood, for example.) Good luck!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back