Identified! AZ - Pima Co, Skeletal Remains near Picture Rocks, Feb 2020 - Sarah Galloway

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Feb. 13, 2020

A hiker discovered human remains in Picture Rocks, just northwest of Tucson, officials said Thursday.

The hiker found the remains Wednesday evening in rural "state trust land," according to Pima County sheriff's officials.

Hiker finds human remains in Picture Rocks, northwest of Tucson

PCSD has not yet released the identity of the remains.

NEW DETAILS: The Pima County Sheriff's Department confirmed the skeletal remains found in Picture Rocks are human. @KVOA pic.twitter.com/NzWq0ss77Q

— Priscilla Casper KVOA (@PriscillaCasper) February 14, 2020
Details are limited at this time.

Skeletal remains found following PCSD investigation in Picture Rocks

Map: Google Maps

While authorities have made no connection or mentioned the old case, the remains were found less than a mile from where Sarah Galloway went missing last year.

KOLD News 13 talked with the Galloway family and they said while it is too early to tell, the fact the remains were found so close to their home raises the possibility it is her. The family said authorities have not contacted them.

UPDATE: Hiker finds skeletal remains in Picture Rocks area

Sara's thread: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...019-down-syndrome.432736/page-6#post-15816185

I somewhat hope these remains are Sarah's for peace, closure, etc. but then I also hate to think she was a mere 1/2 mile away yet wasn't located during searches. I pray for this person's loved ones.

PYROICYUNBCQTCM44J64LMOHHM.jpg

From article...

Galloway, 38, was last seen at a home in the 10600 block of West Massingale Road on March 21, 2019. The home is .5 miles from the intersection of Massingale and Van Ark roads.

Authorities called off the active search for Galloway after about a week, but the community continued its search longer.

I somewhat hope these remains are Sarah's for peace, closure, etc. but then I also hate to think she was a mere 1/2 mile away yet wasn't located during searches. I pray for this person's loved ones.

PYROICYUNBCQTCM44J64LMOHHM.jpg

From article...

Galloway, 38, was last seen at a home in the 10600 block of West Massingale Road on March 21, 2019. The home is .5 miles from the intersection of Massingale and Van Ark roads.

Authorities called off the active search for Galloway after about a week, but the community continued its search longer.
I want them to have closure too. If this is Sara, I suspect the remains were recently placed there. The family has been very open with where they’ve searched and how long they’ve searched. This area was covered by them initially.

I want them to have closure too. If this is Sara, I suspect the remains were recently placed there. The family has been very open with where they’ve searched and how long they’ve searched. This area was covered by them initially.
It's scary to think she would have been placed there after all this time. So sad either way.

You would be sadly surprised how easy it is to miss remains, but they will tell a story and hopefully provide some answers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokkuyifyi
Back