AZ - Timothy Romans, 39, & Vincent Romero, 29, slain, St Johns, 5 Nov 2008 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the article above, his biological mother had been visiting that weekend before the murders. Maybe he wanted to live with his mom.

Maybe his mother incited him to do this without realizing it. Like telling him......."well if you lived with me instead of your dad" etc.

I was thinkin the same thing. Im sure the 8 year old didn't just wake up one morning and think hmmmmmmmm im gonna kill my two people today. I hope they find out why and its such a tragedy that a child did this. I have a 9 year old and I cannot even fathom him doing something like that. Also let me add that I watched something the other day and some children are brought up to be violent like this, so by the ages of 7 or 8 are completely capable of murder. This case is just shocking.

According to police he did plan this so evidently he did wake up one day and decide to do this.

It is scary because we never know what they are thinking or for how long or even why.

imoo

I am definitely waiting for this to unfold-this defies reason as far as I am concerned. Even the possibility that there are special circumstances and this child was laying in wait....8 year olds cannot vote or drive for a reason, imo.

That is true, believe. However voting and the right to drive are privileges.

Murder is never a privilege no matter a person's age.

imoo

I find it very disturbing that an 8 year old even had access to a weapon and ammunition :eek:

I noticed it was a 22 rifle that he used. Kids his age and above go squirrel or rabbit hunting with a 22 rifle. So I don't see that as disturbing.

What happened like most fathers I am sure this father taught him gun safety and trusted him. That was the flaw imo........the trust was not deserved.

I'm interested as well to see exactly how LE plans on charging an 8 yr old who has never been in trouble, not even a disciplinary record at school with a double homicide to the point it will set precedence. I don't know how an 8 yr old could understand the implications and consequences of murder. This is a tiny town in rural AZ... I'm sure this is a shock to the entire community as well as LE. Things are not sitting right with me with the few facts available in the case.

Many people in the justice system has never been in it until they commit their first crime......that goes for adults and kids.

It doesn't have to be the kid that is constantly in trouble all the time to do this. We see that as we read cases like this on this site. Many times it is the child who had no problems and no one knew what was lurking in their minds behind that facade.

There also was never one complaint filed against the father either for any maltreatment of his son.

For LE to charge him with homicide they have set the precedence because of the evidence they have uncovered concerning this crime. That speaks volumes to me.

imoo

That is true, believe. However voting and the right to drive are privileges.

Murder is never a privilege no matter a person's age.

imoo

You have achieved the age of reason, respectfully. 8 year olds are no where near it.

According to police he did plan this so evidently he did wake up one day and decide to do this.

It is scary because we never know what they are thinking or for how long or even why.

imoo

No eight year old child is that brilliant to plan a double homicide alone against two adult males. Also, unless there is some evidence that this eight year old had gun shooting lessons/experience where he could pull this off so smoothly (like a young shooting pro), I think there is much more to this story. It simply does not add up.

IMVHO...

I dunno, maybe I just read about so many horrible things here or whatever...BUT.. I feel there is so much more to this, IF it was premeditated..there has got to be a reason it was premeditated. This is an 8 year old child we are talking about! I don't really see that even from day one.. if he behaved as if he were the spawn of satan himself that he could think that far ahead. I have 2 kids..the psychology just isn't there at 8. The fact that this other GROWN MALE was outside, and the father was upstairs in the bedroom...just sets my hinky meter off! Was the guy outside coming or going? God, I hope that I am so off base with this thought. That is all I am going to say for now. I just hope that they treat this child with dignity, because something tells me he hasn't had much of that.

I wonder about an 8 year old being ruled competent to be tried for murder. My understanding is a defendent has to be able to aid in their defense. I don't see this happening here, IMO. I just don't see this case going to trial.

I have read 3 articles on this case and I am still not convinced. Especially when you have 2 scary looking cops with guns at their hips asking you questions without a lawyer present. hinkometer crankin....

I'm trying to with-hold judgement, but there is definitely something up here. I read the articles, but must have skimmed over where it said the mother was there this past weekend. I have to wonder what the rest of the story is...did his Dad have primary custody of him? If so, why? And I have to wonder exactly what LE was expecting to accomplish when they decided to interview this boy without a guardian or attorney present? No confession obtained in that manner is gonna hold up in court.
Plain and simple: There's WAY more to this story that we haven't seen yet.

I would like to know more on the home life before I judge this boy...He may very well turn out to be a young Codey Posey rather than a young Scott Peterson.

I noticed it was a 22 rifle that he used. Kids his age and above go squirrel or rabbit hunting with a 22 rifle. So I don't see that as disturbing.

What happened like most fathers I am sure this father taught him gun safety and trusted him. That was the flaw imo........the trust was not deserved.

What boggles my mind is that an 8 year old could KILL two grown men with a .22 rifle . . . he must have known exactly where to hit them to kill them instantly else he would have been disarmed by one of them!

There's some indication of premeditation in how these guys were shot, and I think this is part of it. A .22 rifle is just not going to bring down a full grown man that easily :(

No eight year old child is that brilliant to plan a double homicide alone against two adult males. Also, unless there is some evidence that this eight year old had gun shooting lessons/experience where he could pull this off so smoothly (like a young shooting pro), I think there is much more to this story. It simply does not add up.

IMVHO...

Brilliant? One was sleeping...and he laid in wait for the other
iirc

Smoothly? he was caught immediately....pulling a trigger isn't rocket science

I would like to know more on the home life before I judge this boy...He may very well turn out to be a young Cody Posey rather than a young Scott Peterson.

IMO Cody Posey was a cold blooded psychopath

i have known 2 children who seemed to be 'devil spawn' at very young ages. one was 6 the other 9, when i knew them.

the 6 year old was so mean and cruel/sadistic, if teachers hadnt seen it themselves, nobody would have believed it. he took a toy truck and beat a little girl unconcious in the playground for no apparent reason. she still has visible scars 25 years later. he moved away, so i have no idea whatever happened to him, but i know he was not seriously punished for what he did.

the 9 year old was apparently sexually precocious. he raped one of my cousins during a sleepover. she was 7. it was a real rape, he choked her till she was helpless. he went to juvie for it, he later went to prison for another rape. still in angola as far as i know.

neither of these children had troubles at home, kids usually sense it if other kids are abused. both had good families. the 9 year old is family sorta.

i like to think all children are good, but i know they arent, sadly.

The boy may have no reports to CPS in Arizona; a lot of cases aren't even on the radar as parent/s have threatened the child about reporting them. Half the time the child goes back to the abusive home if CPS does an "investigation" and finds everything alright. Then the abuse just continues.

Brilliant? One was sleeping...and he laid in wait for the other
iirc

Smoothly? he was caught immediately....pulling a trigger isn't rocket science

Brilliant in terms of planning. I will not have a judgment against this child until I see written proof that he knew how to shoot a gun and when to do it. There was some help in this even if verbal. I will wait for more evidence.

Hey, !!! If you wouldn't mind, could you share enlightenment in terms of what this rifle is like? As a "no clue" woman, I have no idea how easy, light, or if there is any kickback to this rifle. In your unbiased opinion, what is this gun all about???

Thank you for getting back when you can... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vonna1980!