AZ - Timothy Romans, 39, & Vincent Romero, 29, slain, St Johns, 5 Nov 2008 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, !!! If you wouldn't mind, could you share enlightenment in terms of what this rifle is like? As a "no clue" woman, I have no idea how easy, light, or if there is any kickback to this rifle. In your unbiased opinion, what is this gun all about???

Thank you for getting back when you can... :)

has little recoil, very very easy to use.

From the article/link MeoW gave us , it says there were calls to the home for domestic violence and LE was checking their records. On Fox news today they said the boy went hunting with his Dad.

On another note; as a child Ted Bundy put knives all around a sleeping aunt in her bed, blades pointing towards her body.

On another note; as a child Ted Bundy put knives all around a sleeping aunt in her bed, blades pointing towards her body.

:snip:
This seems to be a huge jump. Ted Bundy had a history of behaviour. Until there is something to show this child has had one similar , I think it's a very unfair toss in. FWIW, even LE has stated this child has nothing previous at home or at school to show any signs of being disruptive.

imo

In rural areas; it's common for younger children to know how to use a .22 and also own one for hunting. So the boy would have knowledge on how to shoot i'd think.
I don't think we should lump him into categories such as those with Bundy; until we know more about what his home life was like. It seems some sort of abuse was going on in the home.

Ordinarylife & Meo I tossed the comment in about Bundy because of the general statements posted earlier about young children and crime... that's why I put.."On another note" before I said it. As in not really related to this case.

You have achieved the age of reason, respectfully. 8 year olds are no where near it.

I dont agree with that. A child 6 or 7 knows right from wrong.

If he had no reasoning abilities or he could not have set this crime up and LE said it was a planned out murder.

Doesn't mean though, believe, that he cannot be punished in someway for his crimes.

If tried it will be in juvie so he isn't going to get life no matter how many people he may have murdered.

imoo

In rural areas; it's common for younger children to know how to use a .22 and also own one for hunting. So the boy would have knowledge on how to shoot i'd think.
I don't think we should lump him into categories such as those with Bundy; until we know more about what his home life was like. It seems some sort of abuse was going on in the home.

If abuse was happening in the home concerning this boy then CPS would have complaints on it.

None were ever lodged against this father.

imoo

Hey, !!! If you wouldn't mind, could you share enlightenment in terms of what this rifle is like? As a "no clue" woman, I have no idea how easy, light, or if there is any kickback to this rifle. In your unbiased opinion, what is this gun all about???

Thank you for getting back when you can... :)

I am not but I own two 22 rifles. They are extremely easy to use and it doesn't have a kick.

Lots of kids in rural areas use them to hunt for squirrel, rabbits and other small game.

imoo

I dont agree with that. A child 6 or 7 knows right from wrong.

If he had no reasoning abilities or he could not have set this crime up and LE said it was a planned out murder.

Doesn't mean though, believe, that he cannot be punished in someway for his crimes.

If tried it will be in juvie so he isn't going to get life no matter how many people he may have murdered.

imoo

A child of that age knows right from wrong to a certain level. They do not have the experience of knowing the ramifications of their choices or how large it could be. They simply do not have that age reasoning yet. Children at that age are learning. They cannot be expected to have even young adult minds. It's not possible.

I will still wait for more info/history before I can throw an eight year old away as a criminal who knew what he was doing and what it meant.

imo

If abuse was happening in the home concerning this boy then CPS would have complaints on it.

imoo

That is not always true, unfortunately. The outside can look real good, but unless there is someone who calls or witnesses abuse, it won't be on file. Hence, alot of unknown complaints and many with hidden history of abuse. Haven't we read many a story regarding that here?

The boy may have no reports to CPS in Arizona; a lot of cases aren't even on the radar as parent/s have threatened the child about reporting them. Half the time the child goes back to the abusive home if CPS does an "investigation" and finds everything alright. Then the abuse just continues.

Don't you think if someone knew about it they would report it anonymously. Many times it isn't the victim that reports but it is done by someone else. Or the mother of this child since she was no longer with her son's father? Wouldn't she use this when trying to get custody of him if it were so.

She must love him if she traveled from MS to see him so surely she would report any abuse to police, I would think, instead of leaving him there.

imooo

imoo

Only if the abuse was reported. Many victims of abuse do not ever talk about it. Many abusers leave no marks. I don't know what happened in this situation, but I'm not ready to throw away an 8 year old based on what is currently being reported.

I'm trying to with-hold judgment, but there is definitely something up here. I read the articles, but must have skimmed over where it said the mother was there this past weekend. I have to wonder what the rest of the story is...did his Dad have primary custody of him? If so, why? And I have to wonder exactly what LE was expecting to accomplish when they decided to interview this boy without a guardian or attorney present? No confession obtained in that manner is gonna hold up in court.
Plain and simple: There's WAY more to this story that we haven't seen yet.

At first they weren't interviewing him as the suspect but as a witness. No Miranda warning required. He told them he came in and found them dead.....so they had every right to question him about what he told them. I don't fault them for knowing quickly he was lying.

I don't believe all the drama that the defense attorney tries to put out in the media but he is just doing his job and I realize that but in the end I highly doubt they will even need this boy's confession anyway. LE commented that they base this case on the evidence they have uncovered.

imo

If the child kills the dad due to abuse and a wish to live with the mom, what is the reason to kill the boarder?
To cover-up. He most likely came home during or right after the killing and was trying to leave the home, as he was shot on the doorstep.

An 8 year old knows it's wrong to kill his father with a gun, hides the fact, kills a witness and lies to the police.

Hi
Awhile ago I heard on the news a 5 year old little boy was being bullied by I believe a little girl.He went I believe back home got his fathers gun and came back and shot the little girl or had his fathers gun.I think he knew exactly what he was doing.This story really bothers me.I don't feel this kid would deliberately kill his father if he loved him.Something did lead up to this.Did the newspaper article say he went to a neighbor to say his father might be dead?That makes no sense to me if he killed his father.But who knows.Was this little boys finger prints on the gun?Sadly this might have had to do with his parents divorce.He was young and going through alot.I am very curious of what this little boy had to say.

suzanne

Only if the abuse was reported. Many victims of abuse do not ever talk about it. Many abusers leave no marks. I don't know what happened in this situation, but I'm not ready to throw away an 8 year old based on what is currently being reported.

He will not be thrown under a bus. If he is tried at all......it will be in juvie.

He could have murdered 40 people and that is still what he would get if he is even tried.

I have never known an physical abuser that did not leave marks.........my ex husband sure left them on me and my father when I was a child. However being abused IF that is even true is no excuse to murder anyone.......no matter how old the killer is. If he was being abused then he could have told his mother and she could have called the police.

And the child does not have to report, although many children are doing so these days, from how it use to be years ago. CPS gets calls all the time from other people.

imoo

If the child kills the dad due to abuse and a wish to live with the mom, what is the reason to kill the boarder?
To cover-up. He most likely came home during or right after the killing and was trying to leave the home, as he was shot on the doorstep.

An 8 year old knows it's wrong to kill his father with a gun, hides the fact, kills a witness and lies to the police.

Sure sounds like a pretty smart little guy. He had it all planned out.

I have wondered if the mother could have told him that "he could do this or that if he lived with her but as long as his daddy had him he couldn't." She may have been wanting to place her own guilt back on the father for not having custody of him. I wonder too if she even fought for custody and if she didn't it makes me feel all the more he wasn't abusing this child or she would have used that against him in a custody hearing.

I get the feeling that the dad had custody for quite awhile and it seems he has even remarried.

Both of these men seemed to be well liked in that town.

It really is a shame.

Physical abusers usually do leave marks. But it depends on the abusers where those marks might be. Many times an abuser will concentrate on the legs and torso so that the bruises will be covered by clothing. Any stray bruises could be explained by the boy being clumsy.

And 8 year olds think differently than adults. They may think kill, but they mean it differently than adults do. They mean it as a temporary solution rather than a permanent one. Also kids don't have the experience to see other solutions to their problems. Calling CPS himself? That means talking to another adult about what was happening to him, and who would believe a kid rather than his father? And they are adults and adults are the ones who let him down.

I haven't read the articles, but I saw somewhere there may have domestic violence in the home with the wife? Then she left the home and left the child there. Father abusive to the son that the mother left behind? Why would he trust that things would get better or that anyone would help him? If this is the situation my guess would be that the child didn't feel he had any other choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vonna1980!