AZ AZ - Williams, NtvMale UP9862, 20-24, suicide, Oct'08

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Diavola

Reaction score
I found him on NamUs only and couldn't find a thread here, so I'm making one. It's my first one so I hope I do this right.

National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
9862_41664.jpg 9862_41654.jpg 9862_41656.jpg 9862_41662.jpg 9862_41646.jpg

Date Body Found: October 26, 2008
Location Found: Williams, Arizona
County: Coconino County
Condition of Remains: Not recognizable - Mummified

Sex:
Male
Race / Ethnicity: American Indian / Alaska Native
Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 30
Estimated Age Range (Years): 20-24
Estimated Year of Death: 2006-2007
Estimated PMI: 12 Months
Estimated Height: 5' 10" (70 inches)
Estimated Weight: Cannot Estimate
Hair Color: Black
Head Hair Description: Long straight coarse black hair
Eye Color: Unknown

Clothing (On the Body): "Old Navy" brand brown shirt
Clothing (Near the Body): "American Eagle" brand blue jeans size 32 x 32 with a brown leather belt, "Old Navy" brand underwear (unknown size), blue nylon gym type shorts (unknown brand and size), "American Eagle Outfitters" brand red shirt with a few botton near the neck, size large
Accessories (Near the Body): Two (2) AAA batteries

Circumstances of Recovery:
Found hanging from a tree with a tied shirt for the ligature.
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped): N35 16.883/W112 12.986

NCMEC Number:
---
ME/C Case Number: 08-408

Bumping.

Looking at the coordinates on Google Maps I can see Williams is sorrounded by many reservations, but also there is an airport close to the coordinates.

2 Exclusions
MP1054 Ira Josytewa 08/28/2001 Maricopa, AZ
MP9012 Augustine Floyd 10/12/2007 Isabella, MI

I'm not so sure this is Timothy, since he was last seen on a snowmobile in Alaska. Theodore, however, seems promising. I wish there was a picture of hum available.

According to google maps it's about a 9 and a half hour drive from Fort Duchesne, Utah where Theodore was last heard from to Williams, Arizona where the UID was found. There's also no mention of him having transportation on NamUs. Not saying that it's impossible it's him, just something to keep in mind.

According to google maps it's about a 9 and a half hour drive from Fort Duchesne, Utah where Theodore was last heard from to Williams, Arizona where the UID was found. There's also no mention of him having transportation on NamUs. Not saying that it's impossible it's him, just something to keep in mind.

True.
Theodore's profile is a bit bare, though, it doesn't seem like his family knows the exact date they last saw him.

True.
Theodore's profile is a bit bare, though, it doesn't seem like his family knows the exact date they last saw him.

Yeah it says "last heard from" not last seen, which makes me think his family didn't live Fort Duchesne and maybe didn't talk to him every day so they're not sure exactly when or how he went missing

LE would have checked this UID to make sure he didn't have any medical implants, right? This guy was an Indigenous guy w/ long hair missing from nearby, but he had screws in his knees and TMJ.

Would also like to know more about this guy...while hes not Ind, he's Eurasian, and I think share facial features.
William Garrett Higgins - DLC 2003 (approx), 6'0", thick black hair, "disappeared after divorce". About a >7hr drive from Williams AZ.
Original

LE would have checked this UID to make sure he didn't have any medical implants, right? This guy was an Indigenous guy w/ long hair missing from nearby, but he had screws in his knees and TMJ.
This guy had a lot of implants, I doubt they would miss them.

Would also like to know more about this guy...while hes not Ind, he's Eurasian, and I think share facial features.
William Garrett Higgins - DLC 2003 (approx), 6'0", thick black hair, "disappeared after divorce". About a >7hr drive from Williams AZ.
Original
He disappeared in 2003, and the given PMI is 2006-2007. His proximity and circumstances are interesting, though.

The biggest clue IMO is his long hair (I wish they specified how long but it looks at least shoulder length), hopefully if any of the relevant MPs disappeared with hair significantly longer than in their profile pictures it would be mentioned in their NamUs.
(for instance, this guy is a good ID guess but he is never pictured with long hair and his hair length is never mentioned so idk...)

The biggest clue IMO is his long hair (I wish they specified how long but it looks at least shoulder length), hopefully if any of the relevant MPs disappeared with hair significantly longer than in their profile pictures it would be mentioned in their NamUs.
(for instance, this guy is a good ID guess but he is never pictured with long hair and his hair length is never mentioned so idk...)
Short hair was in style for men in 00s, looking at NamUs even most Native men had it short. Some MP reports will note if the individual has something different about their appearance than in the photos, but it's probably not always the case.

I'm putting screenshots of the area from Google Maps.
Pretty lonely area.
wjd_zi.png
wjd_zo.png

I'm wondering if this could be Waylon Smith, from Canada (thread, RCMP), missing since 17 Jan 2006.
9862_41664-jpg.295928
showImage;jsessionid=C7yTjJvFXZpWGBvfV0qS3JQCVH6npQfbwMwyLG96xnC6p2NGt2LS!-1890918356

Waylon was 17 at the time of his disappearance, 5'9", 165 lbs, had an "S" tattoo on his hand and a pierced ear.

Obviously the first issue is the distance and second there is no mention of tattoos or piercings, however John Doe was decomposed so I'm not sure if they could see those two details.

Thoughts on Daniel Davis?
davis_daniel.jpg
davis_daniel2.jpg
davis_daniel3.jpg
davis_daniel4.jpg

Missing Since 03/23/2008
Missing From Albuquerque, New Mexico
Age 39 years old
Height and Weight 5'4 - 5'9, 150 - 175 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics Native American male. Black hair, brown eyes. Davis's hair was long at the time of his disappearance, and he may have a mustache or goatee. He wears eyeglasses.

He is older than the estimate and wears glasses, but the rest matches. Arizona heat may have made it so the PMI seems bigger.

I submitted Daniel Davis as a possible match through NamUs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kittycanfind
Back