Baez - Just Lost The Trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not trying to make fun of the situation but Jose Beaz's opening statement looked like something straight like a skit from Saturday Night Live. Just horrible.
He is not competent to try this case?

Oh no! You guys really thing she won't take the stand? I have canceled my mail and everything so I can stay with my sister and watch her cable tv just so I can see that. And yet, Baez would be crazy to let her talk. I bet she will insist, though. "Jose, you have to let me talk. I can convince them. I have a gift! And I'm such a good liar!"

BBM

That would be the most important reason why he couldn't allow her to testify if he knows what she is going to say isn't truthful.

MOO

Casey has to take the stand doesn't she? Otherwise how would you ask her about sexual abuse? OMG you almost feel bad for her that her lawyers are so dumb but then you lose that feeling right away. Can't wait for the day when Lee gets on the stand and doesn't look at her either. I hope her money runs out and then I hope George and Cindy make millions of dollars while Casey rott's in jail

:floorlaugh:Can't wait for Jose to claim both cadaver dogs are in this conspiracy and can't be trusted either

Don't listen to her, Jose! Go with the theory that RK, GA and Birch were all running a meter reading scam to bilk the neighbors for cash in order to pay off their gambling debts. The neighbor with the shovel did it for revenge! This is the only theory that makes sense! :innocent:

Oh My Goodness~~..You guys are "killin Me"..Biaz buried his client when he went too FAR!! Its one thing to claim sexual abuse..but to bring into the mix everbody and anybody into the mix is just RE''Dic" U' LOUS// He had no idea what he is doing:loser:...

Vigorous defense is one thing..but to smear parents, brother, and anybody who has evidence as part of the whole conspiracy is just tooooooo rediculous:maddening:..and the jury is going to get just what JB is doing!!

The icing on the cake is watching KC herself in the courtroom..Her mood swings, and obvious HATE towards her father and mother....KC has NO SOUL..She lacks any empathetic understanding unless it is to "Her Benefit"..
KC creeps me out!:twocents:

I wont post much during the trial...as I find myself totally disgusted by Baez and find it difficult to describe my thoughts while things are happening...I truly hope Cindy hangs in there..and doesnt totally emplode when JB starts his cross...I can only wish she can hold up against his nastiness :justice:

Bottomline for me..Baez has already lost his argument (sexual abuse)..I did have to LOL when AL (TonE) couldnt validate the "Secret" for Baez..I think JB almost fell over!!:floorlaugh:

Okay, now THIS is useful information. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah...I have been having rages about the information out there....

I'm not very adept at searching, but I also remember Tone called ICA after Tone left for school and asked her to the trash out that morning as he had forgotten.... and asked her to take the trash out.......He also said the dumpster a few blocks from the complex...I have been looking for that statement in the phone records from Tone, also. Tone says its a pretty good ways and they all had put trash in their cars to deposit trash........

I soooo wish I was better at searching!!!

The DT has changed the theory from "kidnapped to drowning". Now, when the police (if they are in fact called to testify), they are going to tell their story about what Casey had told them. Casey said that Caylee was kidnapped, then the DT changed it to "accidental drowning" WTF???? :waitasec: I mean, WTHell? .. :crazy: Again, the DT is struggling for something and it doesn't add up. In a way I think it's kind of funny, they are dealing with a difficult case. I'm sure they know in their hearts Casey is doomed!!! But, they have to continue their duty as a defense attorney. What a piece of work.. lol.. Sorry, but when I listen to this trial, I find myself shaking my head and laughing at the stupidity of it all. Lies, lies lies. I really wish Casey would have come clean in the begining, and if not then, then now is the time. She can't possibly think she is going to get off, and if she does, I'm going to be doing this a lot :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Martini anyone? :crazy:

I understand the reasoning of people who speculate Caylee's body was hidden on the property for a day or so but the As have two dogs, and there is no way two dogs would not draw attention to a dead body. They would be obsessed with it. My dog found a little dying possum when we were walking and I had to drag him away and take him home and then go back to get the possum (and take it to our lovely vet who agreed to euthanize it for free.) The Anthony dogs would have barked and fretted and stayed in Caylee's vicinity day and night until the situation was resolved. They would have been sad and worried and hyperalert and wanting GA and CA to do something.

The second that the SA plays the interview taken at Universal where Casey says something like "If I didn't want her, I would've given her to my mom and if there was an accident, I would've called 911"

Off to find the interview

Around the 7 minute mark on here [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2ZCsL6Olzg[/ame] they give her the opportunity to come clean about an accident.

BBM

This questions isn't just to thedeviledadvocate, it's to anyone that can answer it. I don't get the significance in this. Does this mean that there wasn't decomp smell in the car at that time? George says it was overwhelming when he picked it up. Casey says in a text that the smell is there, and it smells like death. So I don't understand the need to plant doubt about the car smelling at this time (in the towyard.)
Because if there was indeed a smell of death, an odor of human decomposition, then WHY did neither the tow truck yard manager nor GA call the police? Defense is implying that either : 1. There was no smell or 2. There was, and the tow yard guy assumed GA would call the police , which he did NOT. Why not? The defense wants the jury to wonder, why not, why not?

I believe if I were in that situation, someone would find me holding the child, completely passed out...from screaming my lungs out! In that tight nit community, there is just no way possible. If Casey cried, and cried, and cried...someone heard her and seen this going on.

OK, so this is not the same thing but similar. Last year, my beloved dog of 14 years died in my bathroom. I had the windows open, and I cried and cried when he passed. Then I got up, stood out on the front porch to get a hold of myself, and my neighbor (who I had not even met yet) walked across the yard to see if I was OK. This was from me crying IN the house over a dog. If it had been my child, and it had happened outside, you can bet the whole neighborhood would have heard me! It doesn't make any sense at all.

I understand the reasoning of people who speculate Caylee's body was hidden on the property for a day or so but the As have two dogs, and there is no way two dogs would not draw attention to a dead body. They would be obsessed with it. My dog found a little dying possum when we were walking and I had to drag him away and take him home and then go back to get the possum (and take it to our lovely vet who agreed to euthanize it for free.) The Anthony dogs would have barked and fretted and stayed in Caylee's vicinity day and night until the situation was resolved. They would have been sad and worried and hyperalert and wanting GA and CA to do something.

I wonder where KC hid CMA. I think the day she backed car into the garage was to pick up the body of CMA and possibly drive around until she could figure out what she would do with her body. The cadaver dogs did alert around pool area and CMA's playhouse -- hmmm??

I wonder where KC hid CMA. I think the day she backed car into the garage was to pick up the body of CMA and possibly drive around until she could figure out what she would do with her body. The cadaver dogs did alert around pool area and CMA's playhouse -- hmmm??

Maybe she didn't originally put Caylee's body in a trash bag and just had her wrapped in the laundry bag/s, so she backed the car in to do that since the decomposition was progressing.

Two things always strike me when I read them. In her texts to AH, KC says something died in her car, and she says part of a dead animal was plastered to her car. Those both always jump out at me when I read them. I think it's possible the trunk was the death scene (after Caylee was duct taped and laundry bagged--so that prior to decomposition she would have looked like an innocuous bag of laundry if anyone looked in the trunk) and I find 'plastered' quite an evocative word choice which is in keeping with the stain in the trunk.

ETA: And I've also always thought it was possible that KC borrowed the shovel as a ruse so she could survey the Anthony backyard from the neighbor's house and see how much privacy she had. She doesn't appear to have used it for anything.

I do not know if someone mentioned this, but George is NOT the last person to see Caylee alive, it was a computer salesman, James something. On June 16th at Wal-Mart around 4PM, his lunch time. That puts a BIG hole in the "Caylee drowned at 11AM" theory.

Because if there was indeed a smell of death, an odor of human decomposition, then WHY did neither the tow truck yard manager nor GA call the police? Defense is implying that either : 1. There was no smell or 2. There was, and the tow yard guy assumed GA would call the police , which he did NOT. Why not? The defense wants the jury to wonder, why not, why not?

Then George knew there was the smell of decomp, and did not call the police because he was in on the cover-up, right? He takes the car home, cleans it out, then goes back to work.

Why did they put the body in the trunk then? That creates a whole bunch of extra steps in their plan. Steps that George should have known would occur. This planned cover-up by an ex-cop isn't sounding convincing. Why wouldn't George just dispose of Caylee by some other means than bagging her and putting her in the trunk? If she was to end up down the street, why not take her directly there?

I think the defense would be better served by not drawing attention to the smell at the towyard? I'm just not getting it. :waitasec:

Maybe she didn't originally put Caylee's body in a trash bag and just had her wrapped in the laundry bag/s, so she backed the car in to do that since the decomposition was progressing.

Two things always strike me when I read them. In her texts to AH, KC says something died in her car, and she says part of a dead animal was plastered to her car. Those both always jump out at me when I read them. I think it's possible the trunk was the death scene (after Caylee was duct taped and laundry bagged--so that prior to decomposition she would have looked like an innocuous bag of laundry if anyone looked in the trunk) and I find 'plastered' quite an evocative word choice which is in keeping with the stain in the trunk.

ETA: And I've also always thought it was possible that KC borrowed the shovel as a ruse so she could survey the Anthony backyard from the neighbor's house and see how much privacy she had. She doesn't appear to have used it for anything.

I've thought that Caylee immediately went into the trunk, and only later did Casey start to try to find someplace to get rid of the body. I think that she ended up keeping Caylee in the trunk too long, then had the "odor problem."

I do not know if someone mentioned this, but George is NOT the last person to see Caylee alive, it was a computer salesman, James something. On June 16th at Wal-Mart around 4PM, his lunch time. That puts a BIG hole in the "Caylee drowned at 11AM" theory.

Whoa! Thanks GuardianAngel. I completely forgot the computer guy seeing them later in the day. Good recall!

Then George knew there was the smell of decomp, and did not call the police because he was in on the cover-up, right? He takes the car home, cleans it out, then goes back to work.

Why did they put the body in the trunk then? That creates a whole bunch of extra steps in their plan. Steps that George should have known would occur. This planned cover-up by an ex-cop isn't sounding convincing. Why wouldn't George just dispose of Caylee by some other means than bagging her and putting her in the trunk? If she was to end up down the street, why not take her directly there?

I think the defense would be better served by not drawing attention to the smell at the towyard? I'm just not getting it. :waitasec:

They are going to say that Caylee's body was placed in the trunk (and then removed) by GA after the car was abandoned by KC.

moo

They are going to say that Caylee's body was placed in the trunk (and then removed) by GA after the car was abandoned by KC.

moo

But why? This cover-up gets too convoluted. If George is the instigator, and the one in control of this, why let Casey drive around with the body? Then have to retrieve and transfer the body again? Eventually, Kronk ends up with it and moves it around some more?

The Defence has created a very convoluted and ellaborate story. This is not surprising as they had to cover a lot of bases. So...

First - They claim Caylee's death was accidental. (This one is a "no-brainer" that JB, as a respectable DA should have gone with from the very beginning.)

Second - They include GA's presence during the "accident". Why? Because they will involve him in the disposal of Caylee's body. Why? Because they need explain the duct tape without KC's involvement.

Third - They "throw in" some sexual abuse. This helps out with several things. It might be true or not, regardless - it might help them explain why he initially helped her to "cover up" the accident, it might help them explain her 31 days of "ugly coping" and on top of all that, it helps to focus some of the disgust and contempt on someone other than KC.

Fourth - "the icing on the cake" I'm not all that sure about apart from the fact that RK might just cover some gaps in information and timeline that GA could not possibly have carried out.

My Opinion Only

I've thought that Caylee immediately went into the trunk, and only later did Casey start to try to find someplace to get rid of the body. I think that she ended up keeping Caylee in the trunk too long, then had the "odor problem."

I think so too, with a slight twist.

I think the body was in the trunk and was removed and disposed of before decomp got far enough along to be noticeable (odor). But...some fluids may have been left behind in the trunk, which continued to break down and over time released odor. These fluids could have been in the carpet. Left for days and nights in the Florida heat and humidity the odor could have gotten pretty bad in that trunk even if the body had been removed some days or weeks prior.

During hot humid weather I can take the lid off a trash can that has sat empty of garbage for several days...only to about be bowled over as soon as I remove the lid, from odor of garbage that is no longer there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett