Baez knew NOT GUILTY verdict was coming....

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Waiting for the verdict to be read I thought the SA looked very relaxed. I thought JB and Casey looked extremely nervous. When the verdict was read you could have knocked me over with a feather......No way did I think she would not be charged with anything pertaining to Caylee......I still cannot believe it.............
Exactly. JA went into the court house with a huge smile. Casey came out looking really nervous, was pursing her lips, and then began biting her nails. JB gets down on his knee as if he was preparing her. They all thought it was going to be guilty.

I agree completely with the original poster and I will tell you why. 10 to 20 minutes before the verdict was read Linda Kenney Baden was on HLN with Nancy Grace. She told Nancy that the verdict was going to be NOT GUILTY and that she thought the jurors came to that decision last night and that is why they left at 6:00 because they had already known. She thinks they wanted to do some last minute deliberations before to make sure they had everything in check. People on this board have said that LKB and JB have been in contact still and I seriously wonder if Jose knew about it. This instance with LKB on Nancy Grace is a HUGE red flag to me in my opinion that they knew. Your original post is something I did not think of to go along with it but yep I bet the defense some how knew.
Actually, Linda Kenney Baden had said that she thought it was going to be first-degree murder, and that they'd recommend death. Then Nancy and her both agreed that the police officers standing in back of Casey already knew the verdict, because somehow "they always know".

Of course he did. Any reasonable and sane person knew it was coming.

I have to agree with you on this one rossva. I really do.

When I got up this morning and I turned on the computer it was just 30 mins prior to the reading of the verdict. I knew in the bottom of my gut this wasn't going to be what we expected. It was too quick for a guilty verdict (considering the type of evidence they had been asked to evaluate---scientific data---they didn't even ask to see any of it.

And you know I couldn't get online until much later (in fact I took a nap before I even tried and even then I couldn't get on for hours). If you read the thread for the verdict a great many posters here were nervous and their posts reflect they knew something just wasn't right for a guilty conviction.

JMHO but Baez was probably just as surprised as KC was about this. She looked like she was in disbelief for a moment. I just don't agree he knew or anyone knew. As LKB she's been all over the networks for the past months saying that it was going to be a wash out for the state. She didn't change her story today. I saw the clip that is referenced in the thread earlier myself. She was just flapping her gums. JMHO

(NOTE: I had to try and post this like 4 times...LOL)

Can't get that link to work wandering?

ETA: I think this verdict has broken the internet JK but man what a pain!

He didn't know. He was desperately hoping his assessment of the jurors was correct.

If he was correct his act would work. He was waiting to see. "Defense doesn't have access to this high tech like the state", "poor Casey, look at her she is such a teeny hurt thing", "folksy down to earth", "I'm just like you guys I can't even spell."

I have a suspicion also that his sl*t comments were directed at one person. Believe me when I tell you that if you have a name and birthdate you can find out anything about someone. They researched this jury and everything they did was designed to influence. They knew the jury and the state didn't. The state trusted the jurors and their evidence too much.

To think we laughed when he crossed out iorn. He knew how to spell iron. He passed the bar.

He played them like a fiddle. And he won.

There is no way he "knew" what the verdict was and I don't think it should be put out there as if he is at fault, in this, too. And Casey sure did not know-she was petrified, you can tell when her face starts getting red, the one thing she cannot control. She was expecting the worst and had been told to expect it, IMO. We here all thought the 10 hours meant "guilty" and the defense probably had no reason to think otherwise. That was a pretty short deliberation overall for such a complex trial and yet many people were convinced that was because the case was so solid and foolproof...

Anyway, he didn't know. If anyone was a fault in this case, it is the jurors if they deliberated or talked about the case before it was given to them by the judge.

JMO

Oh wow I must have heard wrong!!! I was on the computer and listening to TV at the same time. My apologies on that.

I think he had a pretty good idea , I mean it doesn't take a genius to work out that a jury only taking 10 hours deliberations are not going to come back with a guilty verdict on 1st degree when a death penalty is at stake , they will take far longer to decide on something as serious as that , so I "knew" it would be not guilty too!

i too thought the defense team knew what the verdict would be.... casey has been strolling into court very relaxed like she didn't have a care in the world... i also think LKB still is a member of the defense team... she was 'released' to get their spin on things out in the media... i'm also suspicious of the jury who didn't ask to see any of the evidence or even ask for clarification of anything...there was some complex and confusing testimony (especially when baez was at the helm) you would think they'd have ONE question... on the other hand, you would think a mother who lost her child whether by accident or by her own hand would have shown some grief or remorse.. the whole thing smells like an old car trunk!

Baez knew that not guilty verdict was coming, otherwise he would never have done that stupid 6 gun gesture to the camera, he did this way before a verdict was announced.

How did he know?

This is spooky. I had the same thought about this. He sure seemed confident and cocky just prior. Strange.

I don't think Baez knew of the not guilty verdict coming, I believe he was as stunned as the rest of us. I believe if he thought she was going to be found not guilty, that he would have asked for her immediate release. He wasn't prepared to argue that she served enough time for the 4 convictions of "lying to the cops".

He didn't know. He was desperately hoping his assessment of the jurors was correct.

If he was correct his act would work. He was waiting to see. "Defense doesn't have access to this high tech like the state", "poor Casey, look at her she is such a teeny hurt thing", "folksy down to earth", "I'm just like you guys I can't even spell."

I have a suspicion also that his sl*t comments were directed at one person. Believe me when I tell you that if you have a name and birthdate you can find out anything about someone. They researched this jury and everything they did was designed to influence. They knew the jury and the state didn't. The state trusted the jurors and their evidence too much.

To think we laughed when he crossed out iorn. He knew how to spell iron. He passed the bar.

And we all thought he was not that smart! :waitasec:

Your post makes a hell of a lot of sense

Oh wow I must have heard wrong!!! I was on the computer and listening to TV at the same time. My apologies on that.

No, you didn't hear wrong. I heard it too, and I told my husband it sounded like she already knew there would be a not guilty verdict.

I don't see how JB could know the verdict before it was read, other than the short amount of time it took. No way it would be murder with that short time, no evidence looked at, no transcripts, no questions.

I just think the jurors were over it. 2 months in a hotel room, 2 months listening to what we witnessed, it was all just too much. No way they could keep up with all the dates, all the lies. As I was watching the trial, I too felt that the evidence was not discussed enough to prove anything. It seemed the trunk liner was washed over, just a blip on the screen, it seemed a lot was left out that could strengthen the State's position, but really, there was no direct evidence.

The trial was too disjointed to put 2 and 2 together if you had not been reading here for 3 years.

GEORGE ANTHONY’s best performance as an LE working on the opposite side of the law, that is who you should be mad at. JMHO
I also knew how the verdict would come in and have been posting it for over a year.
OK so her lawyer is not a likable person - but PLAYING stupid and being stupid are two different things. He got her acquitted didn't he?

I think GA ran the entire show.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Everybody believing that devastated grieving "jojo" act is what's UNBELIEVABLE to me... PUH-LEEZE... No finger prints on the duct tape, NO DNA on the sticky side that was supposedly attached to her DECOMPOSING FACE either, only ONE hair and a blow fly leg in the trunk that had the SMELL OF DEATH in it and a bag of trash.. The only person that would KNOW how to clean/cover up a potential crime scene...an EX-COP.

No, you didn't hear wrong. I heard it too, and I told my husband it sounded like she already knew there would be a not guilty verdict.

I thought I had seen the police officer behind Casey say something to Sims and then she said something to Casey and she turned into a diff person. I thought I had heard the media say that some of the LE personel already knew the verdict since they watch over the jury. I could be dreaming...this is just such a nightmare, I woke up crying today saying it wasn't so..but I see it is and there is not a darn thing the state or anyone can do. How sad...but if she would of been convicted she could of filed for an appeal. How is that fair? That jury didn't want to be there and IMO that is why they just found her not guilty and moved on...ran home..didn't even want to show their face..they knew they were wrong...JMO.. :cow:

Baez and company didnt know. No way. They looked scared. Baez did a good job obviously cause he won this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martin andreasen
Back