Baez' Statement Regarding DP News

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lol! Thanks! I needed a good laugh! But, seriously, how do we know that she hasn't done something in the past? It would seem to me, and this is just my opinion, that if you were going to take another human's life, the first time would be the hardest. I can't imagine any mother who would or could take the life of their own child, (though I know it happens all the time, I'm just saying I can't see how a mother could do it) but if you were going to do kill again, the second, third, etc., would be easier. KWIM?

Yes, I know what you mean. And in line with that thinking, if I were GA/CA/LA I'd be scared to have her back out - she may just omit them from her life as well. Just sayin'...

TO JB: She is not a serial killer, you are correct, but she is indeed a baby killer.

He should have said Casey is NOT a killer, not that she is not a serial killer, because it sound slike he admits she is a killer. What a loser!

TO JB: She is not a serial killer, you are correct, but she is indeed a baby killer.

He should have said Casey is NOT a killer, not that she is not a serial killer, because it sound slike he admits she is a killer. What a loser!
When JB loses this case for his client does he qualify as SERIAL LOSER?

All they need to do is look at the Scott Peterson case to realize that a jury will send someone to death row on MUCH less than what they've got on her!

Exactly! And CA is a much more liberal state than FL..granted she is a young girl/woman, she has to be one of the most unlikeable defendants in the history of defendants. Due to her promiscuity and irresponsibiity, it is likely that if she got off or even if she got LWOP (think conjugal visits with her money senders) she would have several other babies. 1 word=SCARY!

More from Baez:

Death Penalty For Women Rare In Fla.
Baez: Casey's Not A Serial Killer

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19174406/detail.html

"Very few women are put to death in Florida," defense attorney Jose Baez said. "She's not a serial killer."

Ummm... thanks for that, Jose. :rolleyes:

Okay, who said KC was a serial killer??!!??

Where did JB say the above quote? I can't find it in the interview linked above. Geez, I would hate to rely on that bit of history when it comes to a defense. I am just dumbfounded if he made this statement.

Yes, I know what you mean. And in line with that thinking, if I were GA/CA/LA I'd be scared to have her back out - she may just omit them from her life as well. Just sayin'...

Right there with ya! I'm not so sure she wasn't planning on sending them on a "permanent vacation" and taking the house for herself before all of this broke! She DID tell AH that her mom was moving and giving her the house. AND that GA had had a stroke. AND that her parents might be splitting up. Sounds like she might have been setting up their "disappearances" as well. For all we know, her initial plans may have been to get rid of all of them, tell everyone that CA & GA had split up, GA moved away, CA took Caylee and moved closer to her parents, and left her the house. I mean, her friends would have had no real reason to question her. At least, not for a while. She would have been free to party and date and live in a world all of her own making. Scary!

JB saying the fact that the state is seeking the DP doesnt change anything is complete BS

1) It will show a jury how convinced the state is that KC killed Caylee and that it was so cruel she deserves to die
2) There will be a way more conservative death qualified jury and therefore a benefit to the prosecution
3) He can't be lead attorney

Either JB is in complete denial ,or, like KC he wants to show the public and media that this doesn't bother him in the slightest. Keep doing that Jose, it gives us more stuff to laugh at you about. :)

Or how about the "They only care about getting Caylee back!" remark right after her arrest when she only cared about talking to TL? Or telling her friend that was breaking down in tears over Caylee that "Omg! Calling you guys: a waste! Huge waste!"? I really hope the jurors get to hear the 911 operator asking KC, "Why didn't you call 31 days ago? Why are you just calling now?" That kinda sums it all up!

And one comment that's always bothered me.. "They haven't even found her clothes".. at that time KC was claiming that Caylee was alive with Zanny... why would LE be looking for (or hope to find) "her clothes?" Hadn't she given the clothes to Zanny when she dropped Caylee off?

Where did JB say the above quote? I can't find it in the interview linked above. Geez, I would hate to rely on that bit of history when it comes to a defense. I am just dumbfounded if he made this statement.

Yeah, it spells out one thing for me.... he's a MORON. :doh:

But can't get much past the folks here. You guys have been screaming that since oh, about July 17th or so.

Will CA and GA be allowed in the courtoom before they testify? Legal Eagles? Anyone?

TIA

Will CA and GA be allowed in the courtoom before they testify? Legal Eagles? Anyone?

TIA

I'm no authority on anything, but I wouldn't think so. I've been on a few juries in CA that went multiple days, and we never saw anyone in the court room untill it was their turn, and then they had to leave.

And one comment that's always bothered me.. "They haven't even found her clothes".. at that time KC was claiming that Caylee was alive with Zanny... why would LE be looking for (or hope to find) "her clothes?" Hadn't she given the clothes to Zanny when she dropped Caylee off?
Which time...at SG or BP?

I'm no authority on anything, but I wouldn't think so. I've been on a few juries in CA that went multiple days, and we never saw anyone in the court room untill it was their turn, and then they had to leave.

Ahhhhhh! I hate to hear that. I sure was hoping to see CA throw a fit in the Court Room when different thangs came out. Oh well, guess we can see KC during the whole thang.

Yes, that comment is bothersome! Also, the one when she led LE to her "office" at Universal and they are calling her out on all of the lies she says (something to the effect of) "My thing is...regardless of how it happened...I will lie, cheat, steal, whatever, to get my daughter back." I wish that they had asked her "Regardless of how WHAT happened?"

TIA

Unless FL is different than other states, which it may be, I don't think so. I had to testify in a trial once, and was not allowed in the courtroom until it was my time to testify, and then again afterwards for the closing arguments. Other than that, the people giving testimony were kept out in the hallway. I don't remember if I could have gone in after my testimony or not. It was a rape trial of a young girl and I did not want to hear the details, KWIM? So, I may have been allowed in after testifying but chose not to. I only remember that I couldn't go in while I was waiting to be called.

They can't have witnesses listening to what other witnesses are saying because it could influence their testimony. Even if it's an innocent influence, what the first witness said could make the following witnesses rethink or question what they know or saw if the interpretations of the incident are different. I hope that made sense?

Baez says, "... anyone who thinks this will force Casey to plea is sadly mistaken. She won't." 1:07

Good for her Baez. Is this supposed to make us think that when you pull her defense out of your a@@, it will be believable? Well, Baez, bring it. Totally fail your client. Live with the fact that you chose fame and publicity over the life of your client by not insisting that she plea to LWOP, sparing her life. She's what, 23? She is relying on your expertise and you have failed her. Anyone who thinks Casey won't get the DP is sadly mistaken. She will.

Unless FL is different than other states, which it may be, I don't think so. I had to testify in a trial once, and was not allowed in the courtroom until it was my time to testify, and then again afterwards for the closing arguments. Other than that, the people giving testimony were kept out in the hallway. I don't remember if I could have gone in after my testimony or not. It was a rape trial of a young girl and I did not want to hear the details, KWIM? So, I may have been allowed in after testifying but chose not to. I only remember that I couldn't go in while I was waiting to be called.

Most states have a rule of "sequestration" for witnesses (NOT talking about jurors) that either party can invoke. It's to keep the witnesses separated until after they have testified so they can't be influenced or conform their testimony to someone else's. The rule can be invoked for depositions, too. Parties are not subject to the rule, and probably FLA statutes or case law say if there are exceptions. There usually is one for family members of the victim, but I'm not sure about FLA. How ironic.

Even if CA, GA, & LA won't be in the courtroom except to testify, you can bet they'll be watching televised coverage of the trial if the judge allows it. I can't imagine tru tv passing this one up! I predict that, in classic CA fashion, she will let something slip while on the stand that shows she's heard ALL the other testimony.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back