DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update on the press conference...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/topic/orl-caylee-101608,0,259523.story

TODAY'S UPDATES

Spokesman issues statement on earlier comments
12:35 p.m.
Todd Black, spokesman for Casey Anthony's defense attorney, just faxed out a press release about his recent Headline News interview in which he implied Caylee was dead.

"Unfortunately what they distributed was completely taken out of context. Todd Black never was stating that there is any belief whatsoever by Casey Anthony or The Baez Law Firm, that Ms. Anthony's daughter, Caylee, might be deceased," the statement said.

"The words used by Mr. Black were referencing the comments of another guest. It was that guest who made the remarks about death, and Mr. Black was merely pointing to that remark by the other guest."

Defense attorney Jose Baez will make a statement at his Kissimmee law office this afternoon.

Prosecutors not investigating comment
1:07 p.m.
Orange Osceola State Attorney's Office spokesman Randy Means said his office is not looking into the comments made by Casey Anthony defense attorney spokesman Todd Black regarding Caylee Marie's death.

"Perhaps law enforcement may find his remarks intriguing," Means said, according to Danielle Tavernier, another spokesperson for the state attorney's office.

Oh and Fox is reporting that the presser is in regard to the comments of the defense spokesman Todd Black. I bet he gets fired!

He's going to tell us that he's standing down from this case. Thanks for support...bla bla bla.

Hmmmm....intriguing idea. Or that he was sorry he forgot to mention his client's right to a speedy trial in court yesterday, so could he have a do over?

Sorry. That was mean spirited of me.

Ok, I have a question..If KC has information..evidence about whatever crime was commited against Caylee that could lead to her whereabouts and JB is announcing this fact in front of God and everyone, would that not be witholding information in an ongoing investigation. Why wasn't KC charged with this count under the GJ hearing?
Maybe some of our legal eagles could explain how this works. How can JB come on national TV and say we have information but we will not release it until the trial and isn't LE under the discovery entitled to this information?:confused:

TippyT, hurry back. The thing will last for 3 minutes but it will yield enough bs for a 3 month analysis by astute WSers. Check back here. We'll be waitin for you.:blowkiss:

Oh, no, Miracles. I just read a quote from Jose to Channel 9:

Funny statement by Baez ... "you will learn how to respect me and you will learn how to respect my client"

I think I have been tossed along with Channel 9! I will gladly read along here!! Thanks for keeping me informed.

Perhaps he can consult with KC and she can provide him with a better lie to explain Black's comment?

Seriously, I will have to eat a lite lunch if I'm going to watch that presser. Not sure I can stomach any more of Baez... :jester:

I wonder if Casey has heard about this or saw the actual interview where TB messed up?

And yes, JB should call Casey so he can get - at the very least - and entertaining explaination regarding TB's comment. :waitasec:

I hope it is okay that I am setting up this new thread--I have never done this before.

I just read this:

Casey Anthony's attorney will hold press conference today
11:12 a.m. Todd Black said defense attorney Jose Baez will hold a press conference at his Kissimmee office at 2 p.m. today. The subject of the press conference was not announced.

George Anthony remains hopeful granddaughter is alive

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-caylee-101608,0,7523378.story

Oh good lawd, not again. If he's not going to give us the big blockbuster info until trial, which will make us all understand why a young mom lost her baby and still won't co-operate with the police to find her, then I wish he'd shut himself up in his office and stay off TV until then. I'm so sick of him blaming cops and politicians and the general public because HIS CLIENT misplaced her child but won't even tell cops the last place she left her, and even more, I'm offended that he invoked our troops, some of whom are my family members, telling us they're fighting for his client's right to put her child somewhere, not say where, probably cause her demise, and them blame everyone else because they haven't found Caylee yet. Yo Baez, WE didn't lose her. The cops didn't lose her. The troops didn't lose her. Your freaking client lost her and unless you are holding this presser to tell us the monumental reason why and why she didn't try to find her, then I could care less what you have to say. I don't care what mistatements your associate made. I don't care who else you are bringing onto the case, even if your markin', snarkin' baby-losing client will represent herself with you as co-counsel so the taxpayers can foot the investigative bill and you two can keep it up with the hours long 'consultations.' All I care about is where your client, or her client-herself left her baby and why she didn't come right out and say so from the beginning. Oh and leave the military out of it, will ya?

I totally agree. You can not edit live TV so millions of americans heard that statement. It is going to be interesting what he has to say. He can not get out of this one.

I suppose he might try to say that CNN is "tabloid" news. :floorlaugh:

At least we now know that someone on the defense team accepts the scientific evidence, as heartbreaking as the forensic findings may be.

At least we now know that someone on the defense team accepts the scientific evidence, as heartbreaking as the forensic findings may be.
Wonder if Black's statement is admissible at trial.

Snipped for space:
Update on the press conference...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/topic/orl-caylee-101608,0,259523.story

TODAY'S UPDATES

Spokesman issues statement on earlier comments
12:35 p.m.
Todd Black, spokesman for Casey Anthony's defense attorney, just faxed out a press release about his recent Headline News interview in which he implied Caylee was dead.

"Unfortunately what they distributed was completely taken out of context. Todd Black never was stating that there is any belief whatsoever by Casey Anthony or The Baez Law Firm, that Ms. Anthony's daughter, Caylee, might be deceased," the statement said.

Does that mean that TB believes Caylee is deceased? :waitasec:

Well Baez has stated that the truth will come out, maybe it has in
a backwards kind of way of course.

Mr. Black had best start looking over his shoulder, Cindy will be shadowing
him and she'll be carrying a hammer.

Now if Mr. Black gets fired does that mean Larry Garrison will start
popping up again more frequently?

Mr. Black will now only read his remarks from scripts approved for him
by Casey Anthony, defendant, partygirl, shopper extraordinaire, liar,
but not mother of the year.:bang:

Hi Cleo.:Welcome-12-june: !!!

Wesh 2 news at noon (eastern) is reporting on the slip up of Todd Black.

They are reporting that Black is explaining the gaff as a reference to an unknown person's bad joke...coupled with he never said "Caylee." Oh puleeeeeeeze.:rolleyes:

Wesh then said to paraphrase:

The State's Attorney's office lead investigator is "intrigued" by Black's comments and it is "worthy of further investigation."

Wesh is intimating the press conference will address this issue of the gaff and the explanation but keep in mind who the players are so who the heck knows what the topic will be.:blowkiss:

Pardon my ignorance, but isn't the point of a PR firm to PREVENT gaff's like that?

Maybe SA will call TB as a witness. Wonder if he'll tell the truth??? so many in this case do not what one more.

snipped
Mr. Black will now only read his remarks from scripts approved for him
by Casey Anthony, defendant, partygirl, shopper extraordinaire, liar,
but not mother of the year.:bang:

You forgot...paralegal/law student!:crazy:

Oh..Black ABSOLUTELY believes that Caylee is alive.

I ABSOLUTELY believe that Baez shouldn't speak in public again. Save yourself some dignity. Now I'm understanding all those late night visits he made to her at the jail..remember all those 11pm and later visits???? Hmmm.....after most people are sleeping.

All prisoners are back in their cells by then. And I believe they are allowed total priivacy in the interview room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver