Bahamas - Lindsay Shiver, 36, mom from GA, lover and hitman all charged in Nassau plot to kill husband, 28 July 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Terrance Bethel

Faron Newbold

From the above:
Police officers arrested the suspects in Abaco on July 21 and they made their first court appearance before Acting Chief Magistrate Roberto Reckley on Friday.

The accused were not required to enter a plea to the charge and they were denied bail. They are expected to return to court on October 31 to receive a voluntary bill of indictment.

The accused are represented by Ian Cargill, K Melvin Munroe, Cassie Bethel and Alphonso Lewis Jr.

Assistant Superintendent of Police Philip Davis was the prosecutor.

Looks like the two of the accused are being represented by the same firm: Attorneys

Not sure where Alphonso Lewis, Jr works.

Wow..... I grew up spending my Summers in a Cay VERY VERY close to Guana Cay.....
These are SMALL towns and a lot of gossiping. I didn't do the typical tourist thing because I was a teenager so I just found local kids to hang out with and we watched music TV in their house all day while their parents worked, you hear and learn a lot of gossip because it's hard to hide things on islands this small.... Just my experience in the Abacos for my pre-teen and teen years.
I will say when I got a little older I tried to hang out with the tourist kids that had houses and were part of the yacht club, but the drugs were too much for me. I say that as someone who partied their face off, but not those kind of drugs.

yup! unless she has the money for a good lawyer for her and/or her beau who can pull some fancy maneuvers
Good point, money to buy forgiveness, forgetfulness and favors. Depends on if she has the support from the states and I suspect she will. No parent is going to want their child incarcerated in the Bahama's. All JMO

I don’t think she’s going to be able to buy her way out of this. After she tried to have her husband killed theres no way she’ll have access to any of his money. I would hope any joint assets have been froze. jmo

WTVY in Dothan, Alabama additionally reports that Lindsay Shiver was once a pageant queen there, as well as on court records in Thomas County between her and Robert Shiver. Those include several records going back to April, including an "incomplete report of divorce" on April 12 and a notice to take a deposition for Lindsay Shiver as recently as July 24.

According to court records, Robert Shiver filed for divorce on April 5, and his wife then filed a counterclaim.

WTVY in Dothan, Alabama additionally reports that Lindsay Shiver was once a pageant queen there, as well as on court records in Thomas County between her and Robert Shiver. Those include several records going back to April, including an "incomplete report of divorce" on April 12 and a notice to take a deposition for Lindsay Shiver as recently as July 24.

According to court records, Robert Shiver filed for divorce on April 5, and his wife then filed a counterclaim.

Interesting that he filed on April 5, she filed a counterclaim on April 6, and she then posted a happy family Easter photo to Instagram on April 9.

Didn't see this article posted. What is wrong with people? moo

Mom Lindsay Shiver, 36, is accused of trying to arrange the killing of estranged husband Robert, 38, with her younger lover, who is in his late 20s.

7/31/23 AT 7:29 AM EDT

But the couple's marriage floundered, and the 36-year-old reportedly began an affair with Bethel, of Guana Cay, Abaco. Newsweek is trying to confirm Bethel's age, but he is said to be in his late twenties.

When Robert Shiver, 38, found out about the relationship he filed for divorce, according to the Thomasville Times-Enterprise, which is when the reported lovers allegedly concocted a plan to murder him and hired Newbold, 28, to help.

The trio allegedly met on July 16 at Abaco and "while being together did, with a common purpose agree to commit an offense, namely the murder of Richard Shiver," according to a police report cited by the Thomasville Times-Enterprise.

Newsweek has reached out to the Royal Bahamas Police Force by email for further information and comment.

It is unclear whether Shiver or the others have retained attorneys who can speak on their behalf.

According to the Thomasville Times-Enterprise, Robert Shiver reportedly filed for divorce after he found out about his wife’s alleged affair with Bethel.

Lindsay Shiver and Bethel reportedly met in the Bahamas, near the house she owns with her husband, according to the Thomasville Times-Enterprise.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
datalord
Back