GUILTY Bali - Bali Nine, Australians arrested for heroin trafficking, 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's true, it's very true that you can pay a bribe in Indonesia and receive a lighter sentence or none at all, Michelle Leslie is another example that springs to mind: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelle_Leslie These two were offered the option of a bribe it seems, then that offer was removed, do we know why?

It was said in yesterday's paper that the lawyer arranged the 130 odd grand, and then the judges said they wanted more money because they were being pressured to give the DP. We don't know why more money wasn't raised.

Looks like the video has been taken down, some complaints by people who say their image was used without authorisation and think the message attacking Tony Abbott was counterproductive.

Looks like the video has been taken down, some complaints by people who say their image was used without authorisation and think the message attacking Tony Abbott was counterproductive.

Every one of us have been sitting on our hands for ten years, yes that's YOU AND I! Why should any blame be put on Tony Abbott, Julie Bishop or any of our current Govt officials. Prior Australian Govts had a chance of doing something for ten years including anyone of us!
Say if I heard one of our current officials suicided because of these accusations then how many more of their children and loved ones suffer.
This is truly a a dark day for the human race, a horrible situation with so many people in the world who can't do a bloody thing to stop it.

I don't think anyone thought these executions would go ahead until Widodo came into power, things changed, and once they did it was too late to petition for clemency. JMO

It was Widodos tough stance on trafficking that the people voted for, am I right? If that's the case no country likes broken promises.
God I understand both sides but I don't have to agree with with them.

So it is 10 am Tuesday morning there now? I really dread waking up to this thread tomorrow where I am.

“@oliverpeterson: Every day Chan's & Sukumaran's have been dropped off inside. Today forced to walk 100m. The Pictures harrowing @9NewsAUS #Bali9”

“@JayneAzzo: Myu's sister Brintha collapsed in screams. Helen Chan was supported by 2 women. Truly heartbreaking. #Bali9”

The cruel irony is that Widodo was elected on an anti-corruption platform. Well, here's his chance to stand up for what he supposedly believes in.

The celebrity video is unfortunate. It comes off as lazy and arrogant.

“@CindyWockner: The grief at Cilacap today is almost unbearable #bali9 @newscomauHQ”

“@CindyWockner: Sukumaran and Chan families forced to endure agonising walk to final visit thru savage police dogs, awful
scenes #Bali9 @newscomauHQ”

Disgusting ! I'm sure the Indonesians are doing all they can to make a huge show out of this. I feel so upset for the men's families. :(

Every one of us have been sitting on our hands for ten years, yes that's YOU AND I! Why should any blame be put on Tony Abbott, Julie Bishop or any of our current Govt officials. Prior Australian Govts had a chance of doing something for ten years including anyone of us!
Say if I heard one of our current officials suicided because of these accusations then how many more of their children and loved ones suffer.
This is truly a a dark day for the human race, a horrible situation with so many people in the world who can't do a bloody thing to stop it.

I feel quite ashamed of myself for doing nothing. I signed a petition but it's too little, too late. But, honestly, what could I have done, within my capabilities, that would make any difference? I know that sounds terribly negative. I just don't feel that hash tagging things and holding vigils is very effective in this case. Nice, but not effective. I have decided that after these executions, I will write to Julie Bishop and my local federal member asking what is being done for the man on death row in Vietnam. Perhaps I'll write to Justice Lex Lasry as well.

The cruel irony is that Widodo was elected on an anti-corruption platform. Well, here's his chance to stand up for what he supposedly believes in.

The celebrity video is unfortunate. It comes off as lazy and arrogant.

Going by the reaction on Twitter by some people who feature in the video, some of the footage of people was from the 'I stand for mercy' campaign, and has now been used in this video, which has a rather strong (and ill informed) anti-Abbott slant, so some of those people in this video are not happy about being misrepresented and are withdrawing their support.

Me too Brightbird, me too.
Maybe there should be huge signs in our airports BEFORE they get on the planes and reminding them that 'this is your last chance, you're on your own past this point think again before it's too late'. Toilets this way.

Group hug, light a candle? That only makes us feel better. Imagine the fear walking in their shoes tonight.

I think it is equally barbaric, the USA just doesn't think drug trafficking is as equally evil as murder, the Indonesians do .. if you take into account how many deaths occur from illegal drugs as well as other crimes and lives ruined I can see their point. I don't believe in state sanctioned murder for anything, but it's their country, their laws, and they are very open about it, everybody who travels to Bali knows the laws as there are signs at the airport, these guys knew the risks, and they knew the risks they were asking their mules to take too, notice that only the mules had the drugs on them, meaning of course that MS and AC thought that they would be OK if anyone was caught at their airport, and only their mules would suffer the consequences, otherwise there would have been no need to have mules in the first place.

BBM.

Oh with respect, that's utter nonsense. First of all, if that were true, savage murderers would not get off with much less than death. Heather Mack (10 years for premeditated, for-profit murder) and Tommy Schaefer (18 years) were not the first.

And then there's this: "189 Indonesian death sentences were suspended thanks to diplomatic efforts - and in some cases, money paid - by Indonesia,The Sunday Telegraph reports. The Indonesians who won reprieves were convicted of crimes which included drug smuggling in Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, China, Iran and Singapore."
Totally untrue that Indonesians see drug offenses as evil as murder. It's either less so there, or it's only evil unless their own citizens are doing it in another country. The suddenly it is not so evil.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass
Back