Bankrupt Casey Anthony interviewed by KPHO CBS in Phoenix #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If I were one of her creditors I would be in attendance at the next hearing, asking for one of her supporters to come up with MY money.

I sure am hoping that the hearing to decide about discharging Zeneida's case is postponed until after all of the Anthony's depositions are taken in the case.
What will be the most interesting to me is what George and Cindy have to say in their depositions. Casey may stick with Baez's story of drowning in the pool and George covering it up. No way do I see George backing that up. To me it would be an admission of guilt, and then George could be arrested for something like wrongful disposal of a body. What story will Cindy back?
I don't see any of them telling the truth in the depositions, but between the three of them I believe lies will be exposed. They never could keep their stories straight in the past.
Biggest question I have is if they says different things in their depose compared to what they said in court will they get perjury charges?
Please, Please, Please let these depose go forward.

I sure am hoping that the hearing to decide about discharging Zeneida's case is postponed until after all of the Anthony's depositions are taken in the case.
What will be the most interesting to me is what George and Cindy have to say in their depositions. Casey may stick with Baez's story of drowning in the pool and George covering it up. No way do I see George backing that up. To me it would be an admission of guilt, and then George could be arrested for something like wrongful disposal of a body. What story will Cindy back?
I don't see any of them telling the truth in the depositions, but between the three of them I believe lies will be exposed. They never could keep their stories straight in the past.
Biggest question I have is if they says different things in their depose compared to what they said in court will they get perjury charges?

Cindy perjured herself in a murder trial, before a televised audience and nothing was done.

Zenaida and Kronk still have a huge hurdle to get over -- they need the bankruptcy judge to rule that their cases are NOT dischargeable in bankruptcy court. This will be heard in the Hearing on Tuesday Sept 17th.
The judge has the power to throw out both cases, and has already indicated his intentions to do that. If the judge throws out the Zenaida and Kronk cases, then there will be no deposition of Casey on Oct 9th.

There is only a deposition set for Casey on Oct. 9th, and the questions will be limited to how Zenaida got drug into Casey's murder trial [not Casey's finances].

TexasEquuSearch originally set depositions for George, Cindy, and Casey -- but cancelled those depositions. And ultimately made a settlement agreement with Casey. There will therefore, be NO depositions taken by TES.

I do understand that there won't be any depose in TES case if the settlement goes through. I am talking about the depo scheduled for Zeneida's case on October 9th. I also wonder that since this depo was scheduled if Cindy and George's will be too.
So many of the hearings get postponed, and I am hoping that the one scheduled to see if the case will be discharged is also postponed (scheduled for Sept 17th) until after the deposition of Casey by Morgan.
It's a lot of hoping on my part, but weather the case goes forward or not I so want Casey, Cindy and George to have to give their depose. The next few weeks should be interesting.
I thought, but I know I could be wrong, that they could ask her about finances because her finances do have weight in the final payment outcome of the case.
Zenaida and Kronk still have a huge hurdle to get over -- they need the bankruptcy judge to rule that their cases are NOT dischargeable in bankruptcy court. This will be heard in the Hearing on Tuesday Sept 17th.
The judge has the power to throw out both cases, and has already indicated his intentions to do that. If the judge throws out the Zenaida and Kronk cases, then there will be no deposition of Casey on Oct 9th.

There is only a deposition set for Casey on Oct. 9th, and the questions will be limited to how Zenaida got drug into Casey's murder trial [not Casey's finances].

TexasEquuSearch originally set depositions for George, Cindy, and Casey -- but cancelled those depositions. And ultimately made a settlement agreement with Casey. There will therefore, be NO depositions taken by TES.

I know I keep dreaming that they will pay for what they have done. This is a different court that might take the perjury more seriously.
Cindy perjured herself in a murder trial, before a televised audience and nothing was done.

brought over from legal thread

Quoting myself. After thinking about my question, I realize the receiver of the gift would not have to pay a tax and the receiver could give up to the lifetime limit of $1,000,000 before paying any gift tax.

JMO

in 2013 an individual can gift $14,000 to someone and a married couple can gift $28,000 to someone without filing a declaration form. above those amounts, the gifters need to include a declaration with their federal tax return. they can choose to pay the tax now but most just file the declarations and have their over-the-limit donations tallied throughout their lifetime and dealt with after they die, from any estate they leave

the lifetime gift limit in 2013 without incurring tax is $5.25 million. whaaaaaaaat? but that's the existing law

each gifter/recipient pair is exclusive and is not considered in conjunction with any other pair(s). if mom gives $14,000: no tax burden because she hasn't exceeded the individual exclusion; if mom gives $28,000: she is above that exclusion by $14,000 and must declare that amount to be tallied in her lifetime gifting. but if mom gives $14,000 and and dad gives $14,000 (and they are a legally married couple) there is no required declaration because a couple can gift $28,000 every year

if I'm understanding this right (and maybe I'm not) it appears that A and B can each gift, let's say, $10,000 to C every year without a declaration because it's under the individual limit. and A and B can also gift $10,000 every year to D-E-F-G, who can then turn around and gift those $10,000s to C without declarations. and each pair AC-BC-DC-EC-FC-GC is a separate entity, so C could end up a fairly fat cat (minus the percentages D-E-F-G are deducting as middlemen) as long as A-B-C remain a congenial/cooperative unit and D-E-F-G continue to participate

Yes, money seems to be flowing to her pretty readily, willingly, easily it seems.
Money to live, money to by off a BK Trustee, money to settle 1 lawsuit where the plaintiff was seeking over $100,000 in damages...
She is getting the money from somewhere, and she's getting it pretty easily it seems.
I should be as bankrupt as CA. Sheesh!

PS- this whole thing makes me sick!!!

Has anyone seen if the scheduled hearing for tomorrow is still on the docket?

Has anyone seen if the scheduled hearing for tomorrow is still on the docket?

It is still on the docket for Sept 17th - no changes filed
They may get there, though and the Judge may "continue" it to another date

Topics for the Hearing:
September 17, 2013 - HEARING

11:00 - Zenaida and Kronk - Motion to Determine Non-Core Elements of Complaint [whether or not the Judge will throw out their cases]
[Casey given until Oct 3rd to file ANSWER to Zenaida and Kronk Complaints]

2:00 - supposed to be TexasEquuSearch - to rule on their Amended Complaint - but TES never filed an Amended Complaint, and instead asked for (60) more days to finalize their joint SETTLEMENT agreement - so there is no need for TES to attend this Hearing

I should be as bankrupt as CA. Sheesh!

PS- this whole thing makes me sick!!!

I hear ya!!! I live paycheck to paycheck and work my butt off -( usually 55 hours/week salaried). This kills her daughter and is constantly getting rewarded financially. It really pisses me off.

TexasEquuSearch part of Hearing Sept 17, 2013 – moved to Nov 26, 2013 11:30am

Order Granting Motion To Continue/Reschedule Hearing Re: Pretrial Conference
Hearing scheduled for 11/26/2013 at 11:30 AM at Tampa, FL - Courtroom 9B, Sam M. Gibbons United States Courthouse, 801 N. Florida Avenue.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpIZV95WWZVY2thVGM/edit?usp=sharing

Zenaida and Kronk still have a HEARING tomorrow, Sept 17th at 11:00 to see if the bankruptcy judge is going to throw out their cases - the CORE issues.

From todays Court Hearing

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,3554830.story

Casey Anthony: Lawyer will likely fight having her deposed

It's still not clear whether Anthony will be required to answer questions at a deposition set for next month. But her attorney signaled he'll likely fight to keep Anthony from being questioned by one of the people suing her: Zenaida Gonzalez.

May didn't delay the deposition, but invited Schrader to file a motion for a protective order blocking the deposition.

The judge also set a date to hear the motions to dismiss:

It's still not clear whether Anthony will be required to answer questions at a deposition set for next month. But her attorney signaled he'll likely fight to keep Anthony from being questioned by one of the people suing her: Zenaida Gonzalez.

May didn't delay the deposition, but invited Schrader to file a motion for a protective order blocking the deposition.

Notice how the bankruptcy judge goes out of his way to HELP Casey's attorneys!
The judge WANTS to block the deposition by Zenaida's attorney.
The judge also wants to grant Casey's Motion to DISMISS both Zenaida and Kronk's cases at the Nov. 5th Hearing

The judge also wants to grant Casey's Motion to DISMISS both Zenaida and Kronk's cases at the Nov. 5th Hearing
Why is that? It was the same with Baez, 'Oh, look at that little lawyer, he still has his training wheels on, let's help him'. :facepalm:

Why is that? It was the same with Baez, 'Oh, look at that little lawyer, he still has his training wheels on, let's help him'. :facepalm:

In the beginning before the trial, there was a reporter, who was dying of cancer. I am sorry I do not remember his name, but his blog was followed faithfully. He had uncovered a lot....and one of the last things he said to all.....was "follow the money trail", he indicated answers would be found that way. IMO I still think this is a big source of information, however, it takes someone in FL knowing ins and outs of the law, knowing their way around the FL societies...just not the everyday person, but those in all law areas, business owners, and how crime works, to get the answers.....but it would be a hell of a battle. Time has passed, many cover ups have come and gone.....Someone is very protected and money buys.....this is all my own opinion....

In the beginning before the trial, there was a reporter, who was dying of cancer. I am sorry I do not remember his name, but his blog was followed faithfully. He had uncovered a lot....and one of the last things he said to all.....was "follow the money trail", he indicated answers would be found that way. IMO I still think this is a big source of information, however, it takes someone in FL knowing ins and outs of the law, knowing their way around the FL societies...just not the everyday person, but those in all law areas, business owners, and how crime works, to get the answers.....but it would be a hell of a battle. Time has passed, many cover ups have come and gone.....Someone is very protected and money buys.....this is all my own opinion....

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/tvguy/2009/06/12/casey-anthony-6/

Casey Anthony: What did Cindy suspect? Documents offer details
by: halboedeker June 12th, 2009 | 12:59 PM

Local television raced through 900 pages of documents released today in the Casey Anthony case.
The stations highlighted different topics in noon newscasts.
"What did Cindy suspect?" WKMG-Channel 6 asked with type that decorated the screen. The station looked at a blog, The Daily BS.com, and its former author, Sean Krause. Lead detectives interviewed Krause about comments that Cindy Anthony allegedly made. Krause said, "I listened to her tell me how she feels that Casey had something to do with Caylee's death, but she can't fathom those words."
Casey Anthony is charged with the first-degree murder of her daughter, Caylee.
WKMG's Louis Bolden noted that Cindy Anthony later retracted her comments and that Krause died of cancer earlier this year.

Yes, I noticed
It seems me now, after what I read, that the BK judge is "advising" Casey and her lawyers on which motions to file.

Are Judges allowed to, or supposed to, advise or help Lawyers by telling them which Motions to file on a case they are presiding over?

If this is a sign of bias or something out of the ordinary, I think Matt Morgan will be all over it...

Really!!! That's the first thing I thought!!!! So, the order will be ruled on lickety split, I imagine. What is with this Judge??!!

ETA: any reason why the Judge just didn't dismiss the cases today?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mygalacticmother
Back