'Barefoot Contessa' taking heat for repeatedly rejecting 'Make-A-Wish' cancer patient

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe she is just not comfortable around kids? I don't think she has any children.

Splendid!! Enzo has moved on & will probably have a great time swimming with the dolphins, which is something I would love to do one day. It will be a much more memorable experience for him than cooking anyway. He's a 6 year old boy, he can cook any old day, swimming with dolphins isn't an everyday experience.

:woohoo:

He can cook any old day?? Wow, just wow

Maybe read his mother's blog and see what he thought about cooking any old day.

Maybe she is just not comfortable around kids? I don't think she has any children.

Until I had a child of my own (late in life) I didn't care for kids and was not a bleeding heart when it came to them. Of course I didn't like to hear of any child being abused or mistreated in any way, but I didn't put too much stock in the world revolving around them. If she doesn't have children, then I can see (NOT EXCUSING) how she may not "get it".

He can cook any old day?? Wow, just wow

Maybe read his mother's blog and see what he thought about cooking any old day.

Quit making more of it than it really is. I have read the mother's blog & according to HER, he's excited about the dolphins. I'm excited for him. Cooking is a bore & a hassle to me, so IMO, he got the better wish.

Quit making more of it than it really is. I have read the mother's blog & according to HER, he's excited about the dolphins. I'm excited for him. Cooking is a bore & a hassle to me, so IMO, he got the better wish.

Are you serious?

Now that would be a follow up story-if Enzo's family politely refused her offer.

That would be a bummer for her.

Enzo's mom's blog entry:

"PLEASE STOP THE MADNESS- This all started with a call from “Make a Wish“ on Friday warning me that TMZ published a story about Enzo’s wish being denied. WHAT? WHY? We were already moved on and getting excited about swimming with dolphins. Enzo started sleeping in his swimsuit because he wanted to be ready when he dreamt about them at night! Ha!

I had written about our disappointment when we originally found out, but asked everyone in the spirit of Enzo to please just “let it go” and move forward, as I know he has. I know this REALLY hit a strong cord with people, the outrage over this has been REALLY OVERWHELMING. There are so many articles, blogs, radio shows, even a Utube video about this. I want to make it VERY CLEAR we have NO ANGER OR ILL WILL toward Ina Garten. Enzo made his request and she declined, end of that story. As much as I know it has REALLY angered people, she has that right. Furthermore it is not our wish to hurt Ina Garten in anyway. Enzo found great comfort in watching her cook when he was going through his toughest times and for that we are so grateful."

Her words & emphasis. More at link http://www.angelsforenzo.com/pleasestopthemadness.htm

Enzo's mother's blog

http://www.angelsforenzo.com/march2011update2.htm

Unfortunately as we were arriving home from the hospital I got word from “Make A Wish” that it is has been officially confirmed that Ina Garten (the “Barefoot Contessa” ) has declined Enzo’s wish to meet her and cook a meal with her. I felt terrible for him, he has been unwavering in his desire to meet her for 3 years and despite many attempts to get him to pick a 2nd wish or change his mind he would not. Last year Ina gave a “soft no” supposedly because she had a 10 month book tour and they called and asked him what he wanted to do and he said “I will wait” and he did…As I wrote in last month’s update they came to our home again and tried to convince him to change his wish but he did not want to. Even yesterday when I told him the unfortunate news, his reply was simply “why doesn’t she want to meet me”? (As he is looking up at me with those big beautiful brown eyes).

I would be lying if I said that I don’t find this to be shocking. To know that out of EVERY THING (material Enzo could choose to have), or ANY PLACE (in the world Enzo could travel to) and out of EVERY PERSON on this earth he chose Ina, and she cannot see what an honor that is. And he wanted to actually be with her for NO reason other then to have her company and cook with her. I actually feel badly for her because Enzo has NOTHING but pure love and intensions and she will never get to have that experience with him and she is missing out on something so authentic and beautiful.

Now that would be a follow up story-if Enzo's family politely refused her offer.

That would be a bummer for her.

Maybe it would be. It wouldn't surprise me if they did, since he's moved on. Maybe he can do both?

"I am putting this out there again in the spirit of what is truly Enzo and asking people to PLEASE let go of your anger and please send only healing, loving, positive vibes into the universe. Enzo is SO CLOSE to being done with his treatments and we want nothing more then for him to move forward in good health.

PLEASE change the energy from anger to love and support Enzo on the rest of his journey. This we would appreciate so much.

Much love,

Mama Pereda and Family"

http://www.angelsforenzo.com/pleasestopthemadness.htm

Smart woman! I'm sure she's grateful that her son is NOT terminal & would like to focus on that instead of her son being disappointed for a small portion of his hopefully long life.

Swimming with the dolphins will be a wonderful experience for Enzo and his family. I hope he decides to go even if he does meet with "Contessa". I ask the Creator to have pity on Enzo and to heal him -- he has suffered enough and has taught us enough about compassion, resilience and courage.

Didn't say it was, but she's meeting with him. I haven't read where Enzo has said that he doesn't want to, so if Enzo is cool with it, it's no one else's business.
It's also nobody's business whether or not a 6-year-old actually enjoys a cooking show, or whether it was really his mother's idea. The point is is that's what his wish is. I don't find it unusual that a child would enjoy the cooking shows on today vs. the era of Julia Child (booooring!!!):twocents:
My child enjoys many of the shows on Food Network and has for a few years now: Iron Chef America, The Next Food Network Star, Good Eats, Rachel Ray, Dinner Impossible, Restaurant Impossible, Ace of Cakes, Cupcake Wars, and the cake challenge ones (Don't know the title).

It's also nobody's business whether or not a 6-year-old actually enjoys a cooking show, or whether it was really his mother's idea. The point is is that's what his wish is. I don't find it unusual that a child would enjoy the cooking shows on today vs. the era of Julia Child (booooring!!!):twocents:

In my household, we don't enjoy cooking & life doesn't revolve around meals, we only eat to put fuel in our bodies. So, to ME, going on any cooking show is booooring LOL. I had the opportunity to swim with the dolphins as part of an excursion on a cruise, wish I had done it. I plan to next time.

My son is 4 and we never know when he'll be spooked by something or when he will fully embrace something without any fear, so even though Enzo is 2 years older, I hope he really enjoys it & won't back out. He's been through so much though so hopefully he has a resilience to things.

In my household, we don't enjoy cooking & life doesn't revolve around meals, we only eat to put fuel in our bodies. So, to ME, going on any cooking show is booooring LOL. I had the opportunity to swim with the dolphins as part of an excursion on a cruise, wish I had done it. I plan to next time.

My son is 4 and we never know when he'll be spooked by something or when he will fully embrace something without any fear, so even though Enzo is 2 years older, I hope he really enjoys it & won't back out. He's been through so much though so hopefully he has a resilience to things.
F.Y.I. (not that it matters to this thread, but our life doesn't revolve around cooking either. I don't cook everyday, and dinner at that, and... my daughter got to swim with dolphins last summer).

F.Y.I. (not that it matters to this thread, but our life doesn't revolve around cooking either. I don't cook everyday, and dinner at that, and... my daughter got to swim with dolphins last summer).

Very cool! How old is your daughter?

I just turned 40 & decided that this year would be the year to quit being afraid of things & try new things. That's why I think it's so cool for Enzo to do something like this, maybe he won't be a scardey cat when he's older & will take some chances on life.

Very cool! How old is your daughter?

I just turned 40 & decided that this year would be the year to quit being afraid of things & try new things. That's why I think it's so cool for Enzo to do something like this, maybe he won't be a scardey cat when he's older & will take some chances on life.
Turning 10. (There was a height minimum and swim abilities test).

Knock off the snark in here. If I get any alerts on any posts after this one with snark in them or being aimed at another poster, out comes my ray gun.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xtension
Back