dotr

Reaction score
The Doe Network: Case File 1177DFBEL
Case File 1177DFBEL

1177DFBEL.jpg
1177DFBEL1.jpg
1177DFBEL2.jpg

Anna Agnes Maria Neeft
Missing since July 22, 1982 from Belgium.
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: February 8, 1954
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 28 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 165 cm
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes.
    • AKA: Ansje, Anna Neave or have a new identity.
Circumstances of Disappearance
Neeft was pregnant when she disappeared in 1982 with her four-year-old son from Brussels. She gave birth to a son that August in Great Britain.

In 1984, Neeft left Belgium and traveled to Canada where she gave birth to a child. She was not heard from again from relatives since that date.

She made an unconfirmed phone call to a friend December 1994."

WARNING: The DOE network is not a reliable source for cases from Europe.
I wish they would stop interfering and spreading fake news.
The link at their website no longer works. It is impossible to check their info.

This is a case from The Netherlands.
The Dutch Police has relevant, specific and reliable information about the alleged disappearance of Anna Neefts.

Anna Agnes Maria Neeft
Ansje was pregnant when she disappeared with her 4-year old son from Brussels. She had given birth in august 1982 in England to a second son. After that nothing has been heard of her and her children. She is possibly staying in England or in Canada.

Everything points to it that Ansje Neefts is not missing at all.
She was an adult when she moved to the UK with her son, and had another baby there.
She may have emigrated to Canada, presumably with her children.
I have not seen any message that her eldest son (Yacine) would have been reported missing too.
Apparently, she did not inform her family about the moves.

This probably is a case of Address Unknown. What on earth is it doing in international databases for the missing?

. A search for missing people from either Belgium or The Netherlands around the time "Miss Molly" was found brought up a woman named Anna Agnes Maria Neeft.

We don't know if this is the woman Interpol is investigating, but she disappeared about the same time as the "Miss Molly" case. Neeft's family last heard from her in 1984 when she was in Canada. This was two years before "Miss Molly" was found.

Could 'Miss Molly' be missing woman from overseas?

"Miss Molly's" thread on WS: KS - KS - Salina, 'Miss Molly' 184UFKS, 25-30, in creek under I-70 bridge, Jan'86

. A search for missing people from either Belgium or The Netherlands around the time "Miss Molly" was found brought up a woman named Anna Agnes Maria Neeft.

We don't know if this is the woman Interpol is investigating, but she disappeared about the same time as the "Miss Molly" case. Neeft's family last heard from her in 1984 when she was in Canada. This was two years before "Miss Molly" was found.

Could 'Miss Molly' be missing woman from overseas?

"Miss Molly's" thread on WS: KS - KS - Salina, 'Miss Molly' 184UFKS, 25-30, in creek under I-70 bridge, Jan'86
Thanks for the very interesting post!

Anna Agnes is the oldest of seven siblings, she has six younger brothers.

The second brother left a trace on the internet on LookupUKcom when searching for his sister.

Cor Neeft , Ede, Netherlands Jan 03, 2000

I am looking for my sister ANSJE NEEFT (08-02-1954). She left in august 1982. From Belgium she went to a womens house in Harlow - Sussex. There she stayed for at least 1 year. She lived with her son YACINE IDDER (date of birth 03-08-1978). The day she left she was pregnant for her second child to be born in august/ september 1982.

Please contact me, I'am anxious to know about her wellbeing and to be able to come into contact with her.

Ansje has a Dutch nationality and it is possible she is living on an other identity.

This tells us the following:

The father of her first child Yacine Idder was a foreigner. Neither Yacine nor Idder are Dutch names.
She left without him, perhaps she left him behind or she fled.
She did not return to her family in the Netherlands. Could it be that the relations with her family were not that good? Maybe because of her partner?
Might she have had problems with the father of her child / children and was she afraid he would be able to locate her?
She lived for one year in a women's house in England. I suppose the brother refers to a home. Could it be a refuge for women? Her brother thinks it possible that she might use another identity. IMHO she did not have much money.

Dutch LE thinks she might still be in England, or she may have gone to Canada. If she emigrated to Canada, there must be records.
There also should be a birth record for the youngest son in the UK.

I took a look at the description of Miss Molly, and Ansje Neefts must have done extremely well as a single mother immigrant with two young children to be able to afford for instance the underwear.

And what happened to the children when their mother allegedly disappeared? No one reported her missing? Kids simply knocked on a door and found a home?

No one has reported the children missing, and IMHO Ansje Neeft is happily living under an assumed identity that the women's refuge helped her to create, and they are not going to tell.

MISSING IN KANSAS: 'Miss Molly' may be 1 of 2 missing European women

The Saline County Sheriff’s Office said Miss Molly might be one of two missing women from Europe.

Anna Neeft was last seen in Brussels, Belgium, on July 22, 1982 – less than four years before Miss Molly was found. Neeft was 28 years old and pregnant when she disappeared; she had her four-year-old son with her. She gave birth to her second child that August in Great Britain. Then, in 1984, Neeft left Belgium and traveled to Canada, where she gave birth to a child. Her family has not heard from her since then. This would mean she has children who are around 39, 37 and 35 years old.

MISSING IN KANSAS: 'Miss Molly' may be 1 of 2 missing European women

The Saline County Sheriff’s Office said Miss Molly might be one of two missing women from Europe.

Anna Neeft was last seen in Brussels, Belgium, on July 22, 1982 – less than four years before Miss Molly was found. Neeft was 28 years old and pregnant when she disappeared; she had her four-year-old son with her. She gave birth to her second child that August in Great Britain. Then, in 1984, Neeft left Belgium and traveled to Canada, where she gave birth to a child. Her family has not heard from her since then. This would mean she has children who are around 39, 37 and 35 years old.

This is fake news. There is no proof that Ansje Neeft traveld back to Belgium after she had gone to Britain, nor that she traveled to Canada and had yet another child there. This reporter is making things up, in a bad way.

The 'info' by the DOE network is unreliable. I wonder if they ever check what they write.

Last edited:
d

Last edited:
There is a Yacine Idder on Twitter. In Europe.

The person on Twitter is named Yacine Ider, not Idder.

The name Idder has various variations (Ider, Iddir, Idheir) Yacine also, it is also written as Yassine, Yassin, and on it goes.

Djamel Idder, husband of Ansje, was a diplomat from Algeria.
If that was indeed so, surely it must be possible to trace the man?
The Algerian government must have data on him? Where he worked, where he lives, if and when he left the service and so on.
Djamel is also written Jamel, and the list of names on for instance Facebook is long. Info about him may be on the internet in Arabic writing. According to Google that would be دجيمل إيدير
Happy searching if you are familiar with the language! Google came up with lots of pictures of soccer players.

One of those things that I find so strange about this case is that Ansje apparently went missing with her son, gave birth to another son, Skandar Rick Idder and then disappears for good with her children. What happened to the husband is totally unclear.

But somehow these children are not missing, the only person missing is Ansje. Perhaps that was the way of thinking in 1980, but surely we are not so dismissive about children now?

The Dutch broadcast "Tros Vermist" paid attention to the disappearance of Ansje various times. Their website was a great source of information, but for reasons beyond comprehension, that archive with the data of thousands of Dutch missing persons, no longer exists.

Fortunately, Tros Vermist also used ads in newspapers and info about Ansje can be found there:

Provinciale Zeeuwse Courant | 22 november 2003 | pagina 57

Provinciale Zeeuwse Courant, November 22, 2003

MISSING

Ansje Neeft (woman)

Age then: 28 years old
Missing since: 22 July 1982
Place of residence: Brussels
Appearance: blond long straight hair (cut short before departure), large blue eyes, oval face, pale skin colour and freckles, medium build.
Extra information: a few weeks before the birth, the very pregnant Ansje leaves with her three-year-old son Yacine the marital home in Brussels. She was about to emigrate to Canada with her Algerian husband, diplomat Djamel Idder. Ansje takes a sum of money with her and gives birth to a second son, Skandar Rick Idder, on 11 August 1982 at the Woman Refuge Home in Harlow, England. At Christmas 1994 there is one last sign of life when she calls former colleague Marleen of ITT Brussels. Ansje may have built a new life elsewhere under the name Anna Neave.

The text specifically mentions emigration. This is confusing, because diplomats and their families usually go from one post to another and as far as I am aware this isn't called emigration.
I'd be very interested in Djamel Idder's career. I don't think the children went to live with their father, if Ansje had wanted to leave them behind, she would have waited until after the birth. Instead she went to the Woman Refuge Home.

I also wonder if they got divorced and how? A marriage does not end if one partner disappears nor if they change their name. The documents about a possible divorce may also mention what happened to the children, or should have happened, depending on whether they were located.

Last edited:
The person on Twitter is named Yacine Ider, not Idder.

The name Idder has various variations (Ider, Iddir, Idheir) Yacine also, it is also written as Yassine, Yassin, and on it goes.

Djamel Idder, husband of Ansje, was a diplomat from Algeria.
If that was indeed so, surely it must be possible to trace the man?
The Algerian government must have data on him? Where he worked, where he lives, if and when he left the service and so on.
Djamel is also written Jamel, and the list of names on for instance Facebook is long. Info about him may be on the internet in Arabic writing. According to Google that would be دجيمل إيدير
Happy searching if you are familiar with the language! Google came up with lots of pictures of soccer players.

One of those things that I find so strange about this case is that Ansje apparently went missing with her son, gave birth to another son, Skandar Rick Idder and then disappears for good with her children. What happened to the husband is totally unclear.

But somehow these children are not missing, the only person missing is Ansje. Perhaps that was the way of thinking in 1980, but surely we are not so dismissive about children now?

The Dutch broadcast "Tros Vermist" paid attention to the disappearance of Ansje various times. Their website was a great source of information, but for reasons beyond comprehension, that archive with the data of thousands of Dutch missing persons, no longer exists.

Fortunately, Tros Vermist also used ads in newspapers and info about Ansje can be found there:

Provinciale Zeeuwse Courant | 22 november 2003 | pagina 57

Provinciale Zeeuwse Courant, November 22, 2003

MISSING

Ansje Neeft (woman)

Age then: 28 years old
Missing since: 22 July 1982
Place of residence: Brussels
Appearance: blond long straight hair (cut short before departure), large blue eyes, oval face, pale skin colour and freckles, medium build.
Extra information: a few weeks before the birth, the very pregnant Ansje leaves with her three-year-old son Yacine the marital home in Brussels. She was about to emigrate to Canada with her Algerian husband, diplomat Djamel Idder. Ansje takes a sum of money with her and gives birth to a second son, Skandar Rick Idder, on 11 August 1982 at the Woman Refuge Home in Harlow, England. At Christmas 1994 there is one last sign of life when she calls former colleague Marleen of ITT Brussels. Ansje may have built a new life elsewhere under the name Anna Neave.

The text specifically mentions emigration. This is confusing, because diplomats and their families usually go from one post to another and as far as I am aware this isn't called emigration.
I'd be very interested in Djamel Idder's career. I don't think the children went to live with their father, if Ansje had wanted to leave them behind, she would have waited until after the birth. Instead she went to the Woman Refuge Home.

I also wonder if they got divorced and how? A marriage does not end if one partner disappears nor if they change their name. The documents about a possible divorce may also mention what happened to the children, or should have happened, depending on whether they were located.

Thanks for setting this straight...it is "fighting against the windmills" getting the correct info out. Very interesting questions about the husband. If he really was a diplomat it shouldn't be that hard to find documents or traces of his existence...even if he wasn't....I agree with you it's a shame Tros Vermist stopped. They had shiploads of information about missing persons who sometimes were not in the official systems. IIRR I read somewhere that they gave all the files they had to the police. Looking at the missing persons site of the Dutch police the amount of missing persons on there are way off from what Tros Vermist had. I think the Dutch police does a good job, btw. I see them still adding old cases, but I sometimes miss the other files. And I have my doubt about the quality of the various voluntary missing persons FB sites. Is there one you could recommend? (sorry, my English is still not what I want it to be)

And if Ansje is alive under another name, I'm almost sure the boys also have another name now and will not expose themselves as Idder on social media.

Edit to add.

Last edited:
T

And if Ansje is alive under another name, I'm almost sure the boys also have another name now and will not expose themselves as Idder on social media.

RSBM

The boys were three and zero at the time. Yacine becomes Jason or Josh. Skandar becomes Alex or Alexander and they won't even remember that they were someone else before.
Anna, Jason and Alex Neave, or whatever family name Anna chose. All very common names. Change their DOB a little and they disappear into the crowd. Even more so if "Anna Neave" remarries and the boys go on to take their stepfather's name.

There must have been a reason why she went to England and did not seek the help of her family in the Netherlands. IMHO she had it planned, very well planned.

Thanks for setting this straight...it is "fighting against the windmills" getting the correct info out. Very interesting questions about the husband. If he really was a diplomat it shouldn't be that hard to find documents or traces of his existence...even if he wasn't....I agree with you it's a shame Tros Vermist stopped. They had shiploads of information about missing persons who sometimes were not in the official systems. IIRR I read somewhere that they gave all the files they had to the police. Looking at the missing persons site of the Dutch police the amount of missing persons on there are way off from what Tros Vermist had. I think the Dutch police does a good job, btw. I see them still adding old cases, but I sometimes miss the other files. And I have my doubt about the quality of the various voluntary missing persons FB sites. Is there one you could recommend? (sorry, my English is still not what I want it to be)

Edit to add.

Loes Leeman, producer of TROS Vermist took part of the archives with her when the broadcast ended.
In 2019, she published a book, aptly called "Vermist" too, In this book she describes a number of cases of the missing, but she does not use their real names.

I found a snippet about a certain "Anne" in an interview with Loes Leeman. This "Anne" is undoubtedly Ansje Neeft, but it is unclear if everything else is real or (partial) fiction.

Privacy settings

Gone with a UFO or headed for Canada?

In her book Loes Leeman quotes from a letter that Anne (then 28 years old) writes to a former teacher.

Have you ever read anything about people who have disappeared from this surface of the earth without leaving a trace? I have. Of course, I don't know what really happened in such cases. There are all kinds of theories about it: being picked up by a spaceship for example. I want to go with a UFO. Disappear into the universe," according to Anne.

Not much later, the highly pregnant Anne indeed disappears, together with the 3-year-old son she already has. She leaves her husband and her family desperate and without a trace. The reason for her disappearance? Maybe marital problems, but that's not certain. Only years later does the family find out that Anne initially took the ferry to England, where she gave birth to her second son. In 1983 she travelled to Canada. From there, there is no trace. Anne would now be 64 years of age, her children both in their thirties. For years, her mother kept the Bert and Ernie dolls she had bought for her grandchildren.

BBM

I live in Salina, KS, where Miss Molly was found. She was identified through DNA and dental records.
This is a town of 50,000 people. We all know Miss Molly, but tomorrow we will finally find out if she is Anna.
We are anxiously waiting!!

I live in Salina, KS, where Miss Molly was found. She was identified through DNA and dental records.
This is a town of 50,000 people. We all know Miss Molly, but tomorrow we will finally find out if she is Anna.
We are anxiously waiting!!
Welcome to Ws trishfromkansas!
It could be Anna, but it might turn out to be someone completely different, looking forward to finding out just who that person might be!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back