Berkeley protest of Milo Yiannopoulos turns violent, event cancelled - live video

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe one word that comes out of this guy's mouth. IMO, he's nothing more than a "shock jock." Stirring up $hit to get noticed. What a jerk.

Yep a Howard Stern - listened for years when younger -- he knew he was doing everything for entertainment.

Never heard of this idiot till last night and after checking out a couple of interviews he is a shock jock who thinks he is wise

scary ................................

I think the police didn't show because they would become the target. Police presence has ben criticized before as a cause to fuel the mobs rage. jmo

I agree that has happened. The guys with the masks were - for hours- breaking things. That is criminal- it is not civilized - those people should have been arrested IMO

and I truly believe that the real protesters (the students- not that group that wears black and masks cause they know they are going to do criminal things --) would not have escalated if they saw people crashing down glass and ATMS get arrested. moo

Yep a Howard Stern - listened for years when younger -- he knew he was doing everything for entertainment.

Never heard of this idiot till last night and after checking out a couple of interviews he is a shock jock who thinks he is wise

scary ................................

rbbm

I had never heard of him either and wish I never had. The violent faction among the protesters managed to squelch his speech at the university but in doing so gave him a much larger platform. I think MY succeeded in his endeavor and he didn't even have to speak.

I'm afraid if the anarchists are allowed to further their violence without any serious police intervention, as we see at Berkeley, they will be emboldened to attack other innocent people at more mundane places like malls or other venues.

JMO

Despite the destruction and violence, there was only one arrest by university police. City of Berkeley police, who monitored the demonstration once it left the university, said they made no arrests.

University police said that some members of the crowd were attacked by protesters and then rescued by police. UC police said there were
six reports of minor injuries.
Berkeley police said once the protest moved into city streets, rioters vandalized 15 buildings. Again, police did not move to take the vandals into custody.

Terrible performance by LE. I fear that next time some will die. JMO

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...uring-violent-uc-berkeley-protest-questioned/

Man Arrested For Assaulting Trump Supporter Near UC Berkeley Campus

BERKELEY (CBS SF) – KPIX 5 reporter Anne Makovec captured the assault of a man wearing a suit and a “Make America Great Again” cap at the edge of the UC Berkeley campus late Thursday morning as tensions remained high in the wake of Wednesday night’s violent protests.

The fight broke out at around 11:30 a.m. when the man wearing the suit and cap was walking near the intersection of Bancroft and Telegraph was attacked. The assailant stopped his vehicle, a white SUV, in the middle of the intersection and jumped the man.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...ting-trump-supporter-near-uc-berkeley-campus/

“We must take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Sometimes we must interfere. When human lives are endangered, when human dignity is in jeopardy, national borders and sensitivities become irrelevant. Wherever men and women are persecuted because of their race, religion, or political views, that place must - at that moment - become the center of the universe.”

Anarchists should never be allowed to persecute others because of their political views. JMO

http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/99574-we-must-take-sides-neutrality-helps-the-oppressor-never-the

Man Arrested For Assaulting Trump Supporter Near UC Berkeley Campus

BERKELEY (CBS SF) – KPIX 5 reporter Anne Makovec captured the assault of a man wearing a suit and a “Make America Great Again” cap at the edge of the UC Berkeley campus late Thursday morning as tensions remained high in the wake of Wednesday night’s violent protests.

The fight broke out at around 11:30 a.m. when the man wearing the suit and cap was walking near the intersection of Bancroft and Telegraph was attacked. The assailant stopped his vehicle, a white SUV, in the middle of the intersection and jumped the man.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...ting-trump-supporter-near-uc-berkeley-campus/

I will not be surprised if we see more attacks like this in the future.

Thanks for providing the entire quote, it puts it in perspective.

I think it's important to quote Wiesel in the context of this thread and therefore include the part about political views. JMO

Yes, I am so sure Wiesel would support Milos. Not!

I agree that has happened. The guys with the masks were - for hours- breaking things. That is criminal- it is not civilized - those people should have been arrested IMO

and I truly believe that the real protesters (the students- not that group that wears black and masks cause they know they are going to do criminal things --) would not have escalated if they saw people crashing down glass and ATMS get arrested. moo

Agree. If Berkley is not going to enforce the law, pull their funding.

Great interview with Milo from last night

[video=youtube;moNe7-sK8i8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moNe7-sK8i8[/video]

I watched it last night, He is less dangerous then black bloc. Don't know if there's truth to it but have seen some reporting on investigations on the mayor of berkekley and cnn, waiting for msm to report on it, I saw it when looking up stuff but not sure about the links/twitter accounts. we'll see.jmo idk

So he is right now beginning to promote his new book. Funny how controversy always finds people when they have a new book coming out. This guy is a provocateur. I wish more people could see this left/right paradigm for what it really is. 2 wings of the same bird.

opppss he slips from 4:10-4:14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gotta admit he was charning , vibrant and articulate as an entertainer/ speaker.

There are however, IMO, issues, with displaced anger. It seems to me his issue is with himself

Does anyone know if he has had anything to say about the Jewish faith?

A gay Jewish man who can not identify with womans rights, gay rights, differences in faith notions is pretty out there!!

He missed sensitivity training !!!

moo

Does anyone else find it ironic that if he was a liberal and the rioters were conservative that it's very likely that most would flip their current positions?

Principle over political party. Speak truth to power -- especially when you voted for the person in power. Profiles in Courage wouldn't be a thing if not for people placing principle before party.

That is all.

In a statement, the university said: "The violence was instigated by a group of about 150 masked agitators who came onto campus and interrupted an otherwise non-violent protest."

Now here's the problem. Many western democracies, including the US, UK and Germany, have allowed a class of professional anarchists to become established and to create mayhem almost without sanction. They travel internationally to G8 and G20 meetings, turn up at all sorts of events that should be peaceful for the sole purpose of formenting an all out riot. There are probably a thousand of them in the US, a few hundred in the UK, dedicated to bringing down the state and disrupting the peaceful forms of democratic protest.

I have no doubt that the state knows who most of them are, but our democratic and civil societies have few "acceptable" weapons for dealing with them. If they tried this in Russia they would be machine-gunned in the streets. We may have to seriously consider a draconian and brutal response to them if our democracies are to survive. Stopping them from travelling internationally, by confiscating their passports and the use of biometric ID and screening, would be a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx