Bi Partisan Health Care Bill does not fund abortions

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
AMEN!

Well said, believe!

If it helps people who need to personalize the issue, such a minute amount of your taxes go towards abortion and quite possibly none. You are making an issue personal when it's not about you! At all! It's about a woman and the rights she has to her own body and the choices surrounding it. I also find it quite ironic that the same concerns are not made for unjust war where many more living, breathing people (mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, daughters, sons, aunts and uncles) die daily than by abortion.

But if you'd rather force people to have children they don't want, you will be paying in end through welfare, Medicaid and other needed interventions and services. And an increase in child abandonment and violence against children.

People are going to have abortions. They have since the beginning of time. This is not going to stop. I'd rather them have safe abortions in the care of a medical professional rather than in the basement with their cousin's friend and some ill-advised medical advice.

I loved your whole post, but the part I bolded crosses my mind daily. The reality is that we are more than willing to end life with our tax dollars - we just think that some lives are more worth saving than others. Boggles my mind. There is a very interesting poll and thread, somewhere here in the Jury Room I think, asking people's position on the death penalty and abortion. It was a fascinating read.

There's a timetable on the MAP, isn't there?
So, it would be worthless to the woman whose boyfriend or husband comes home from work Friday afternoon, rapes her, and she can't get to a pharmacy until Monday? What does she do?
(Believe me, spousal rape happens a lot, and a lot of women don't even know it's a crime.)

I don't know, never used it. Never will. I believe in abortion for whatever reason they choose, or no reason at all, I just can't come up with a good enough reason for myself to ever do it, with the exception of rape.

There's a timetable on the MAP, isn't there?
So, it would be worthless to the woman whose boyfriend or husband comes home from work Friday afternoon, rapes her, and she can't get to a pharmacy until Monday? What does she do?
(Believe me, spousal rape happens a lot, and a lot of women don't even know it's a crime.)

I don't know, never used it. Never will. I believe in abortion for whatever reason they choose, or no reason at all, I just can't come up with a good enough reason for myself to ever do it, with the exception of rape.

72 hours. It isn't an "easy" or the only answer, but it deserves a lot more credit and use than it gets, IMO. :sheesh:

ETA: many women wisely keep a pack on hand for those "just in case" needs.

Do you know anyone who has been impregnated by incest or rape?

Yes. She is one of the bravest women I know. (Actually only a teen when it happened.)

She chose an open adoption and had the most beautiful little girl, who is now in her late teens. The family had lost several babies and all hope of having a biological child. She gave them a tremendous gift, and they return it to her by letting her witness the beautiful silver lining to the darkest time of her life.

With the support of her entire community, she showed a lot of people older and more experienced what true faith and hope look like in the face of despair.

Having said all of that, I would never judge a rape victim who couldn't go through it. But, as previous posters point out, even those who choose not to report bear the responsibility of seeking medical attention for all of the consequences. A pregnancy is the least of their risks compared to infection and physical damage.

This bill isn't changing anything. People have had to pay for their own abortions in the past and will still be able to do so. Just like they pay for a lot of other medical processes that aren't covered.

72 hours. It isn't an "easy" or the only answer, but it deserves a lot more credit and use than it gets, IMO. :sheesh:

ETA: many women wisely keep a pack on hand for those "just in case" needs.

I didn't consider keeping it on hand. I had a brain fart there.

I didn't consider keeping it on hand. I had a brain fart there.
LOL I told my son that the other day and he said I should see if they sell Beeno for the brain. Brat.

I believe that any woman at any time for any reason has the choice to terminate a pregnancy. Period.
And if I were a rape victim and told that I would have to pay money that I don't have or have the child, that would leave me 2 choices. Back room abortion, with all of it's risks, or suicide. I would never allow a rapist to control my body, against my will for 9 months. I would kill myself first, and unfortunately that is where this bill is leading.
A lot of bodies; unwanted children, desperate women, and those that need non mainstream treatments and meds.
I guess the government has decided that it's time to weed out the sick and the weak.

I completely and totally agree.

So you have to tell everyone your reasons? A victim has to be share her past and trauma with others just to obtain medical care and a legal medical procedure? Seriously? We want to expose people to further possible shame, guilt and trauma just because of a person, moral issue?

I cannot get behind that. Not at all.

Again, this should not be about our personal, moral issues. Abortion is legal. It's a law and a right extended to women by that law. It is one of the most common surgical procedures in the US. Adult women can consent to and obtain abortions.

I wish all babies could be born (and I also wish all babies were born to parents who loved and wanted them and people adopted foster kids who are overtaking the system), but I know it's not a reality right now and we don't live in an ideal world. And because of that, I'd rather help provide obtain safe medical procedures to my fellow citizens rather than seek sometime deadly alternatives.

another excellent post! Couldn't agree with you more!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although abortion is legal...........the Hyde Amendment prevents federal funding for abortions.

I'd have to read up on it as far as details.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NNT1
Back