MISTRIAL Bill Cosby -- Charged W/Aggravated Sexual Assault/Other Rape Allegations #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.whdh.com/story/31369281/appeals-court-puts-bill-cosbys-criminal-case-on-hold

PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Bill Cosby's criminal sex-assault case was temporarily halted days before a key hearing while a Pennsylvania appeals court considers his effort to have the case thrown out before trial.
The Pennsylvania Superior Court granted Cosby a postponement Tuesday while the court decides whether to hear Cosby's pretrial appeal. His preliminary hearing had been set for next week.

http://www.whdh.com/story/31369281/appeals-court-puts-bill-cosbys-criminal-case-on-hold

PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Bill Cosby's criminal sex-assault case was temporarily halted days before a key hearing while a Pennsylvania appeals court considers his effort to have the case thrown out before trial.
The Pennsylvania Superior Court granted Cosby a postponement Tuesday while the court decides whether to hear Cosby's pretrial appeal. His preliminary hearing had been set for next week.

Imo. If the previous prosecution or DA gave Cosby their word that what he stated in his deposition will not be used in a criminal case since they were not seeking one; Should mean that it shouldn't be allowed period.

It doesn't matter if the new guy comes along and decide to charge him 2 days before the expiration date.

The DA of old still spoke on behalf of the criminal court system of that jurisdiction when Cosby made the deal. Now we may have a new person in charge. But the jurisdiction already gave their word. Jmo

You have to honor that.

Camille Cosby refused to answer 98 questions during deposition as she says she never read her husband's testimony admitting he obtained sedatives to give to women he wanted to have sex with

Camille had to give deposition in defamation lawsuit against her husband

Seven women are accusing Bill of defaming them when he called them liars in response to sexual assault claims

Camille didn't answer 98 questions using spousal privilege, which protects private marital conversations

Partial transcript of Camille's deposition on Feb 22 was released Monday

She said she had not read Bill's deposition in the Andrea Constand case

Constand accused Bill of sexually assaulting her in his home in 2004

In Bill's deposition in 2005, he acknowledged he obtained sedatives to give women he wanted to have sex with

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ead-sex-assault-deposition.html#ixzz42NuXzBcN

(From above link)

"In the transcript of her deposition given in February, Camille said she learned of Constand's allegations through her husband, and said she was aware that he had given a deposition in the case."

"However, when the lawyer for the seven women asked whether she had read the deposition Bill gave in the Constand case, she simply answered: 'No'.

"He continued to grill her about her knowledge of his sworn testimony, finally asking: 'Sitting here today you have no understanding of what topics or what statements your husband made at the deposition; is that your testimony?'

"She replied with a curt: 'That is my testimony.'

The back-and-forth between Camille Cosby's lawyers and the lawyer for the seven women, Joseph Cammarata, later became combative.

"When Cammarata asked her whether she had a discussion with her husband about the substance of his deposition testimony in the Constand case, Camille Cosby initially said she didn't want to answer before saying: 'That is just communication between my husband and me.'

"After her lawyer advised her that she can answer 'yes' or 'no' to whether she had discussed it without divulging what was said, Camille Cosby answered, 'Yes,' saying she did discuss his deposition testimony with him."

"But when Cammarata asked her when it happened, who might have been around during the conversation, where it took place, how long they talked or what they talked about, Camille said she didn't not remember."

Also from Camille Cosby's statement:

"He is a kind man, a generous man, a funny man, and a wonderful husband, father and friend. He is the man you thought you knew."

All of these descriptions can all be true of someone who is also a rapist. JMO

It makes me absolutely crazy angry when anyone makes a comment along the lines of, "Why would he need to drug and rape anyone? There were/are plenty of women willing to have sex with him."

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I don't type in all caps very often, but when I do:

EDUCATE YOURSELF.

RAPE ISN'T ABOUT SEX.

"RAPE IS AN ACT OF VIOLENCE IN WHICH SEX IS THE WEAPON". --Linda Fairstein

It makes me absolutely crazy angry when anyone makes a comment along the lines of, "Why would he need to drug and rape anyone? There were/are plenty of women willing to have sex with him."

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I don't type in all caps very often, but when I do:

EDUCATE YOURSELF.

RAPE ISN'T ABOUT SEX.

"RAPE IS AN ACT OF VIOLENCE IN WHICH SEX IS THE WEAPON". --Linda Fairstein

Yup! Exactly! I totally agree!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://www.thewrap.com/bill-cosbys-wife-complains-about-outrageous-improper-deposition-questions/
Apparently, Camille Cosby’s wife wasn’t a big fan of her deposition last month.
The wife of scandal-plagued comedian Bill Cosby filed court papers on Friday complaining about some of the questions she was asked during her Feb. 22 deposition relating to a lawsuit against her husband, which she said were “outrageous” and “improper.”
Camille Cosby is seeking to terminate or limit her deposition, which has been continued to next month, because, a court filing claims “the deposition ‘is being conducted in bad faith [and] in a manner that unreasonably annoys, embarrasses or oppresses the deponent.'”

http://www.thewrap.com/bill-cosbys-wife-complains-about-outrageous-improper-deposition-questions/
Apparently, Camille Cosby’s wife wasn’t a big fan of her deposition last month.
The wife of scandal-plagued comedian Bill Cosby filed court papers on Friday complaining about some of the questions she was asked during her Feb. 22 deposition relating to a lawsuit against her husband, which she said were “outrageous” and “improper.”
Camille Cosby is seeking to terminate or limit her deposition, which has been continued to next month, because, a court filing claims “the deposition ‘is being conducted in bad faith [and] in a manner that unreasonably annoys, embarrasses or oppresses the deponent.'”

BBM

The deposition is the problem. I've heard everything now! Thanks as always Donjeta!

Since she was his manager; They would do better if they asked questions pertaining to her knowledge from a professional aspect and not the wife aspect.

But my main concern is that they already had his deposition in hand; So why ask her 1000 questions about her knowledge of what he stated?

I just don't understand what they want her to say?

It's her money on the line as well. Jmo.

Originally Posted by IzzyBlanche
It makes me absolutely crazy angry when anyone makes a comment along the lines of, "Why would he need to drug and rape anyone? There were/are plenty of women willing to have sex with him." GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I don't type in all caps very often, but when I do: EDUCATE YOURSELF. RAPE ISN'T ABOUT SEX. "RAPE IS AN ACT OF VIOLENCE IN WHICH SEX IS THE WEAPON". --Linda Fairstein

Regarding ' "Why would he need to drug and rape anyone? There were/are plenty of women willing to have sex with him." '

IIRC, to a man who has psychological problems that present as sexual festishes or paraphilias, a "willing" woman may be the opposite of what he wants. Particularly if he has somnophilia. Objectifying a human being is much easier if that person cannot speak, or plead, or scream. It seems to me that holding all the power in such a situation (with no need to even superficially contend with the needs of a woman, no need to pretend emotional attachment to her, no need to hide his enjoyment of debasing and humiliating her) seems essential to reinforcing his self-image of being the one who is in complete control. He is everything, she is nothing. IIRC, her consent, even if she originally might have agreed to becoming a sexual partner of such a man, cannot be given once a drug has been administered. Her consent might, in fact, be the last thing he wants to hear in order for him to achieve satisfaction.

It has been suggested that BC has a somnophilic disorder, also referred to as the Sleeping Beauty Syndrome. (http://www.livescience.com/51562-wha...mnophilia.html) The syndrome could indicate he suffers from OCD or some other disorder. And, I think, the answer to the question of "why" lies within that syndrome. Why the need to have his power validated in such a cruel, criminal manner? Maybe a psychiatrist could explain the lack of empathy, sympathy, and human decency in a man whose career had rewarded him so richly. (Perhaps because he knows that, academically, he is a fraud. Perhaps because he knows far better actors are coming up fast, and he needs his ego reinforced. Perhaps this way she cannot do or say anything that is "off script", anything that might throw him off the pattern he needs to complete.) At any rate, a woman who has been drugged and has become incapacitated, unable to say yes, unable to run away, is not capable, in the eyes of the law, of consenting to being sexually manipulated by anyone. The man who drugged her and knows she is incapacitated, and has not consented to interacting with him in such an intimate way, is, IMO, a rapist.

Further information can be easily accessed on the internet, but here are a few links to related articles.
http://nypost.com/2015/07/09/cosby-m...cusers-lawyer/
http://www.hngn.com/articles/109854/...l-disorder.htm
http://nytlive.nytimes.com/womenint...l-cosby-want-to-have-sex-with-comatose-women/

Maybe the desire to have sex with comatose women was the basis for the off-side questions in CC's deposition. Maybe they went fishing for insight into his predilections. "Has your husband ever drugged you to have sex, willingly or not?" Or questions like that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes. Rape is about power, but, obviously, C IMO should have been seeing a mental health expert i.e. an explanation as to why he needed power over women.

http://www.people.com/article/bill-cosby-camille-monique-pressley-attorney-paperwork
[h=1]Bill Cosby Attorney Monique Pressley Files Paperwork to Represent Wife Camille After Earlier Court Filing Questioned Her Legal Standing[/h]The day after attorney Joseph Cammarata filed a motion asking for Bill Cosby's lead attorney, Monique Pressley, to be disqualified as his wife Camille's lawyer because she did not file the proper paperwork in Massachusetts, Pressley hastily filed a "notice of appearance" in the case.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...n-answer-sex-life-questions-article-1.2566531
Bill Cosby’s wife says she shouldn’t be subjected to “outrageous questions” about her sex life and other deeply personal topics in a defamation lawsuit filed by seven women who say the comedian sexually assaulted them decades ago.
But a lawyer for the women has asked a judge to step in to make sure Camille Cosby answers more questions in the lawsuit. Camille Cosby sat for the first part of a deposition last month; a second session is scheduled for April 18.

Very con-ve-e--ee-ni-ent....:

http://www.people.com/article/bill-cosby-bruce-castor-brian-mcmonagle-fundraiser
One of Cosby's attorneys is buddy buddies with Castor:

"As a former prosecutor, current criminal defense attorney and active member of the bar, I have known Bruce Castor for many years," he said. "In early 2015, in my capacity as a private citizen and prior to my representation of Mr. Cosby, I donated $2,500 to Mr. Castor's campaign for district attorney as part of a fundraiser that I, along with a number of other local lawyers, helped to organize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth