Billie texts Clint about trading custody for house

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The wording of that article is ambiguous. I still can't tell when Billie's text to Clint was sent.

" KBST news learned late Monday afternoon Billie Dunn sent Clint Dunn a text message offering him full custody of Hailey and David Dunn if he agreed to sign over his half of the house loacted at 1800 Chestnut Street."

Does this mean the news was learned late Monday afternoon, or the text was sent late Monday afternoon?

Also, that article is dated "Monday March 24, 2011" but March 24 was on THURSDAY.
Color me confusedededed.

Yes the article is written in a confusing way. The first rumors of this hit social networking Monday. Then it was discussed on the 24th when Hailey's uncle stated he heard the rumor. The uncle stated his advice to Clint would be to do nothing and he went on to explain DD is in the custody of Billie's brother, placed there by child services. That he is not the biological father and that child services would decide where DD is placed should Billie go to jail. And Hailey is missing and if she doesn't come home there is absolutely no need for Clint to do this. There is no reason.

So in that it hit the radio show with the Uncle this week, it hit social networking on Monday and then was reported on by MSM source, I personally believe this happened on Monday. Monday is also the day that BD hired her attorney.

ETA I raised the social networking only to give a time line of when this event was first mentioned. I so miss the good reporting we have seen in other cases.

Custody

If Hailey is found alive, Clint has made it clear he will not let her live with Billie. If he already has custody and then she is found... that would make Hailey's transition that much easier. No battle for her. Just going home.

If he has custody of the child, he would also get most of that child's belongings... would he not? The custodial parent generally does.

If he gave Billie the house, I would first want him to go in and get at least some of Hailey's things if not all of them. That is really bothering me... just like when Terri was still living in the house with all of Kyron's stuff. I don't want all of Hailey's stuff to disappear.

House

Clint has entertained the idea that Shawn hurt Hailey. If that happened, he knows it likely happened in that house. He knows deep down it is entirely possible that his little girl was murdered in that house.

Would he really be able to live there?

Body

If Hailey is found dead, we must remember that there are two parents/families that could easily fight for custody of her body. I have seen this in a couple of other cases.

If Clint has custody of Hailey before she is found, it would cause that process to go much more smoothly. He would automatically be in charge of the body, the funeral, etc.

I definitely wouldn't want Billie in charge of that.

Conclusion

Clint would already have custody of Hailey if she is found alive, or control of the body if she is not.

Clint would have custody of most of Hailey's belongings to ensure they don't get destroyed.

Clint would not be living in the house his little girl Hailey was likely murdered in.

Billie would be getting a crappy house, one that his awesomeness cannot visit for a year.

I'm seeing this as a win win for Clint.

I do think he should also divorce her. Unless there is a way to ensure he isn't responsible for her bills. But I would prefer he divorce her regardless.

Custody

If Hailey is found alive, Clint has made it clear he will not let her live with Billie. If he already has custody and then she is found... that would make Hailey's transition that much easier. No battle for her. Just going home.

If he has custody of the child, he would also get most of that child's belongings... would he not? The custodial parent generally does.

If he gave Billie the house, I would first want him to go in and get at least some of Hailey's things if not all of them. That is really bothering me... just like when Terri was still living in the house with all of Kyron's stuff. I don't want all of Hailey's stuff to disappear.

House

Clint has entertained the idea that Shawn hurt Hailey. If that happened, he knows it likely happened in that house. He knows deep down it is entirely possible that his little girl was murdered in that house.

Would he really be able to live there?

Body

If Hailey is found dead, we must remember that there are two parents/families that could easily fight for custody of her body. I have seen this in a couple of other cases.

If Clint has custody of Hailey before she is found, it would cause that process to go much more smoothly. He would automatically be in charge of the body, the funeral, etc.

I definitely wouldn't want Billie in charge of that.

Conclusion

Clint would already have custody of Hailey if she is found alive, or control of the body if she is not.

Clint would have custody of most of Hailey's belongings to ensure they don't get destroyed.

Clint would not be living in the house his little girl Hailey was likely murdered in.

Billie would be getting a crappy house, one that his awesomeness cannot visit for a year.

I'm seeing this as a win win for Clint.

I do think he should also divorce her. Unless there is a way to ensure he isn't responsible for her bills. But I would prefer he divorce her regardless.

Makes good sense. I can see the benefits to Clint.

I can also see Clint not taking the trade and moving into a paid-off house if Billie goes to jail. It might be a very long time before he'd be in a position to own another home. If Billie's incarcerated on non-related charges and there's no confession or recovery of Hailey, Clint might want to stay in that house to keep hope alive that Hailey will return, and to move his family out of his mom's house. So many variables...

I hope Clint doesn't do it Billie's way... it feels far too much like she is trying to wipe away as much responsibility as possible and to end up with a place to live, clear and free.

Do we know if she is being made to pay child support on DD? She should be...

I believe if Hailey's body is discovered, both parents will have a say, no mater who has full custody.
I don't believe Billie is offering to give up parental rights.

I hope Clint doesn't do it Billie's way... it feels far too much like she is trying to wipe away as much responsibility as possible and to end up with a place to live, clear and free.

Do we know if she is being made to pay child support on DD? She should be...

No her offer says she pays no child support.

No her offer says she pays no child support.

I'm talking in regards of the current situation of DD... is the state making Billie pay child support to his guardian? If she is not making the payments, the state could start breathing down her neck...

She has no income, how could she pay support, unless maybe she is drawing unemployment?

She has no income, how could she pay support, unless maybe she is drawing unemployment?

Hold up a sec. She STILL hasn't gone back to work?

How did I miss this? Are they just holding her job at the hospital forever or did she quit/get fired?

How did I miss this? Are they just holding her job at the hospital forever or did she quit/get fired?

My bad, I do not know she has no income, I made an assumption.

My bad, I do not know she has no income, I made an assumption.

Oh, it's no problem! I just thought I had missed news regarding her employment situation or lack thereof.

Makes me wonder, though, what the deal is with her job and income situation.

I seriously doubt that hospital could ever let her back on the job. There were too many things that came out already. [ the prescription drugs with the name torn off...the hundreds of pages of gory bedtime stories she printed up at work...going against LE to hang out with the suspect in her child's disappearance...possible child *advertiser censored* in her home...]

In regards to Billie selling the house, there are a few considerations to ponder. First of all, the housing market is still in a slide in many cities. A lender that is going to do an equity loan these days is rare. Very risky business and therefore lenders have toughened up their requirements. And lenders will need to see the ability to pay back the loan. The lender will want a solid work history of at least 3 years, plus a strong FICO and low debt to income ratio. I don't think any lender would consider selling drugs for 3 years a solid work history. She could though, get a private party equity loan where a private party, not an institution holds the note. I can't imagine anyone would want to do that, but who knows.

Second, just by looking at that house, it is obvious that there is quite a lot of deferred maintainance on the exterior. Painting the interior isn't going to hide that. A lender will not do a FHA loan on that type of property. What that means is that a buyer who can pass the strict requirements to obtain a loan will have to go conventional which means 10-20% down (plus possibily 3% towards closing costs).

Third-disclosures. An area which has major lawsuits. Any seller has to disclose if there has been anything like a death, death from AIDS, murder, suicide etc. on that property. Anything that would devalue the property or make the property uninhabitable for the new owner. So, say Billie had an offer on the house. She did not disclose what has been happening there (people driving by screaming obscenities). The escrow closes. The new owner has no knowledge of that area therefore is in the dark about the circumstances surrounding that property. The nosey neighbor down the street comes over & spills the beans. The owner freaks and there is the lawsuit.

I am not sure about Texas, but here in California agents charge 6% to sell, then there are title and escrow fees, paying off any liens, back taxes and other fees associated with selling. Every state is different as to who pays for inspections, repairs etc.

Selling doesn't seem like an option to me. But, again, I never know what will happen with this bunch.

I seriously doubt that hospital could ever let her back on the job. There were too many things that came out already. [ the prescription drugs with the name torn off...the hundreds of pages of gory bedtime stories she printed up at work...going against LE to hang out with the suspect in her child's disappearance...possible child *advertiser censored* in her home...]

I don't know. They took her back after they discovered she was practicing for months without a valid nursing license. That is a very serious violation.

PR nightmare on their part to have her come back, which was part of my assuming she was not working there currently. Know what they say about assuming ...

But I would think she would be protected by employment law- wrongful termination perhaps. She has not been convicted of the drug possession charge yet.

Texas doesn't give much credence to having no job as an excuse for not making support payments. The courts tell the parent to get a job. My friend's daughter's ex is in jail right now for back support & he had no job. MOO.

In regards to Billie selling the house, there are a few considerations to ponder. First of all, the housing market is still in a slide in many cities. A lender that is going to do an equity loan these days is rare. Very risky business and therefore lenders have toughened up their requirements. And lenders will need to see the ability to pay back the loan. The lender will want a solid work history of at least 3 years, plus a strong FICO and low debt to income ratio. I don't think any lender would consider selling drugs for 3 years a solid work history. She could though, get a private party equity loan where a private party, not an institution holds the note. I can't imagine anyone would want to do that, but who knows.

Second, just by looking at that house, it is obvious that there is quite a lot of deferred maintainance on the exterior. Painting the interior isn't going to hide that. A lender will not do a FHA loan on that type of property. What that means is that a buyer who can pass the strict requirements to obtain a loan will have to go conventional which means 10-20% down (plus possibily 3% towards closing costs).

Third-disclosures. An area which has major lawsuits. Any seller has to disclose if there has been anything like a death, death from AIDS, murder, suicide etc. on that property. Anything that would devalue the property or make the property uninhabitable for the new owner. So, say Billie had an offer on the house. She did not disclose what has been happening there (people driving by screaming obscenities). The escrow closes. The new owner has no knowledge of that area therefore is in the dark about the circumstances surrounding that property. The nosey neighbor down the street comes over & spills the beans. The owner freaks and there is the lawsuit.

I am not sure about Texas, but here in California agents charge 6% to sell, then there are title and escrow fees, paying off any liens, back taxes and other fees associated with selling. Every state is different as to who pays for inspections, repairs etc.

Selling doesn't seem like an option to me. But, again, I never know what will happen with this bunch.

When I heard about the text message, I went through all the things you stated above. The only logical conclusion I could come up with, is she might give her Attorney a 1st trust deed to the property if it is not mortgaged. Or if it is but has quite a bit of equity, she is going to take out a second or refi.

Hard to believe it would appraise for more than 30 or 40k though.

Texas doesn't give much credence to having no job as an excuse for not making support payments. The courts tell the parent to get a job. My friend's daughter's ex is in jail right now for back support & he had no job. MOO.

As it should be dodie20.

But you also can't get blood out of a turnip. Wish we had some info on what the situation is with her employment at the hospital. Maybe she'll go back to her former night job, the one SA didn't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viki Cowan