Blood Aboard the "Yacht"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping in the hopes that this is revisited - much like LB's disappearance was…This whole story sounds too obvious to be missed; just like LB and WM's deaths. There was blood on the boat and he "sidetracked" the discussion in a most ridiculous way.

Sociopaths are VERY GOOD at doing this.

moo

While the staff sergeant could not shed more light on the now closed investigation, he did say that the two girls who had spent time on the charter with Mr. Millard in 2011 had since been identified and that there was no concern for their safety or well being.

“Regardless of the amount of time consumed and stress this whole situation brought down on me, the most important thing in my mind is that this part of the Millard story has a happy ending,” Mr. Blodgett concluded. “We couldn’t have asked for a better conclusion to this story—that the girls in question that went out on that trip have been located safe. At least with that information I can now sleep a bit better at night.”

http://www.manitoulin.ca/island-yacht-charter-business-feels-betrayed-by-national-media-police-in-assisting-millard-probe/

HTH

Could there have been more than the two women who went out with DM aboard the boat? The owner was only aware of two. If he saw them and DM saw him seeing him, maybe DM was careful not to be seen taking others aboard the boat. MOO.

Has anyone discovered any other women who have gone missing in the past couple of years?

Given DM's involvement in supplying drugs and idolization and/or fear by a few ... it only takes the withholding of or promise of more drugs to get a couple of followers to say they were the ones on the boat.

Here is a copy of the Rental Agreement for the yacht charter company. You can see that it doesn't ask for the names of everyone onboard, just asks for the total number of people. It asks details about the skipper, but not about the passengers.

So, I wonder, were the names and contact info of the women recorded anywhere? I don't think that they were recorded, or the charter owner could have called and confirmed their safety. Was DM asked about them and then he gave the OPP some names?

http://www.discoveryyachtcharters.com/Downloads/Charter Agreement - Master PDF.pdf

Could there have been more than the two women who went out with DM aboard the boat? The owner was only aware of two. If he saw them and DM saw him seeing him, maybe DM was careful not to be seen taking others aboard the boat. MOO.

Has anyone discovered any other women who have gone missing in the past couple of years?

I wonder if he flew from Toronto to Sudbury on a commercial plane, or to Gore Bay on a private plane. Being an airplane type, he may have done so. Would his guests have flown with him? And if so, would their names be listed.

I wonder if he flew from Toronto to Sudbury on a commercial plane, or to Gore Bay on a private plane. Being an airplane type, he may have done so. Would his guests have flown with him? And if so, would their names be listed.
DM could have flown his helicopter in to Gore Bay- no manifest would be on file, however, since it's more than 25 miles from his home airport, he should have filed a flight plan indicating the number of souls on board. MOO

DM could have flown his helicopter in to Gore Bay. MOO

Yes, he could have done that. If he had guests on a private helicopter, would they have had to show ID at the airport? I think not, but I'm not sure. I went for a private flight out of Gore Bay airport and didn't need to show ID.

The thing I'm getting at, is that it's possible the women were never identified anywhere.

Yes, he could have done that. If he had guests on a private helicopter, would they have had to show ID at the airport? I think not, but I'm not sure. I went for a private flight out of Gore Bay airport and didn't need to show ID.

The thing I'm getting at, is that it's possible the women were never identified anywhere.
musical-there'd be absolutely no need for ID for a domestic private flight like that. IMO, the only way the women could be 99% identified is by the yacht charter operator, CCTV on premises, etc. It's always seemed strange to me that he had two women out on the yacht- but then again, it's DM. MOO

The press release for the yacht investigation quotes Dave Hillman of OPP, who is now in charge of all the Millard-related investigations. It's hard to believe they would be overlooking anything, especially after the new charges

http://www.manitoulin.ca/manitoulin-opp-investigation-into-dellen-millards-island-trip-complete/

I'm sure they wouldn't overlook anything, but they might have dismissed the investigation for lack of evidence, especially if they were confident they could put DM away for a long time with the evidence that they have in the TB case.

Here is a copy of the Rental Agreement for the yacht charter company. You can see that it doesn't ask for the names of everyone onboard, just asks for the total number of people. It asks details about the skipper, but not about the passengers.

So, I wonder, were the names and contact info of the women recorded anywhere? I don't think that they were recorded, or the charter owner could have called and confirmed their safety. Was DM asked about them and then he gave the OPP some names?

http://www.discoveryyachtcharters.com/Downloads/Charter Agreement - Master PDF.pdf

I really feel we are beating a dead horse here.

Even if LE only had DM's word to go on as to who the women were aboard, how would DM have contacted those women he named, from jail, and told them what to say when they were questioned? Do we really think that the women weren't asked random questions by LE about the boat and the marina and the weather during the trip, that they would not have known the answers to if they had not actually been there? Do we think the police are so incompetent that they could not investigate this properly, that they couldn't have gotten the boat operator to identify them, or verify with the girls' relatives or work schedules that they were indeed away on a boat trip that week?

Anyone who has ever been to a marina and operated a boat knows that you don't just drive up to the boat slip and jump in and speed away. It takes several trips up and down the pier, loading gear, checking supplies and doing a quick inspection of the craft for safety. Then a very slow motor out of the marina at a parade speed, waving to everyone as you go. Let's not forget, everything in a marina is flat, so you can see for quite a distance, and the offices are always positioned so that the owners can see the comings and goings of both the cars and boats. The boat operator seemed like a reliable and honest witness, who was disappointed with the way the media took a few drops of menstral blood and blew it up into a two day story about more possible murders that sold tons of papers at his expense. I don't see any reason to question his veracity.

And I recall the boat rental operator saying that the toilet was bloodied, as if a woman had had her period. Does anyone really think that the blood came from a killer washing their hands in a toilet? Wouldn't the sinks be bloodied instead? If the plumbing on a boat is backed up, it's backed up everywhere, not just in the toilet. Wouldn't a killer wash his hands in the lake before he'd wash them in a toilet? Just saying.

I am sure whichever girl had their period, both girls suffered great humiliation when the press ran the story. Why continue it, why not just let it drop? Is it really so hard for some people to accept that there were some people in his life that DM didn't kill?

With all due respect, I don't really see a problem with WSers re-examining the facts here and I hope LE are too. They have obviously come across a great deal more information that was not available to them then. Something they may have found since may now be applied to that investigation. Or maybe not, but I feel they have an obligation to look as it was a scenario in question.

If LE had not FINALLY gone back to look at LB's case and WM's case, (evidently found things they missed the first time around, or perhaps were able to connect some dots that didn't align originally until now) these new charges would not have been laid.

It makes no difference whether we feel DM and or MS are guilty or not, are we not simply asking LE to be thorough in light of the new news?

JMO

With all due respect, I don't really see a problem with WSers re-examining the facts here and I hope LE are too. They have obviously come across a great deal more information that was not available to them then. Something they may have found since may now be applied to that investigation. Or maybe not, but I feel they have an obligation to look as it was a scenario in question.

If LE had not FINALLY gone back to look at LB's case and WM's case, (evidently found things they missed the first time around, or perhaps were able to connect some dots that didn't align originally until now) these new charges would not have been laid.

It makes no difference whether we feel DM and or MS are guilty or not, are we not simply asking LE to be thorough in light of the new news?

JMO

JMO

I think the difference here is that LB is missing and WM is deceased. The two women from the boat were identified and located safe.

JMO

I'm confused as to whether there was one woman with him or two. The boat owner seemed to imply that there was only one, who was not visible when the repairman went out to fix the plumbing and he thought perhaps she was sleeping. I think DM referred to her as his girlfriend when explaining the blood?

And we know that the engagement had broken up shortly before that and he supposedly had started dating CN. So was she on the boat? Someone else? Her and a friend?

I think someone did mention earlier that while LE were confident that whomever was on the boat were alive and well, who knew what woman or women were on that boat with him? Were their names also given to the boat owner when the boat was rented? Was it only on DM's word who else was on the boat with him? If he said it was CN and possibly her friend...insert name....and it wasn't, and LE confirmed that CN and her friend were fine, how do we know he gave the right names? It appears that CN was willing to cover for him and I don't doubt many other people were too.

MOO

I'm confused as to whether there was one woman with him or two. The boat owner seemed to imply that there was only one, who was not visible when the repairman went out to fix the plumbing and he thought perhaps she was sleeping. I think DM referred to her as his girlfriend when explaining the blood?

And we know that the engagement had broken up shortly before that and he supposedly had started dating CN. So was she on the boat? Someone else? Her and a friend?

I think someone did mention earlier that while LE were confident that whomever was on the boat were alive and well, who knew what woman or women were on that boat with him? Were their names also given to the boat owner when the boat was rented? Was it only on DM's word who else was on the boat with him? If he said it was CN and possibly her friend...insert name....and it wasn't, and LE confirmed that CN and her friend were fine, how do we know he gave the right names? It appears that CN was willing to cover for him and I don't doubt many other people were too.

MOO

I imagine LE would have thought of that too. They were investigating a murder suspect, after all. And they would have known at that point CN wasn't talking to LE.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

I imagine LE would have thought of that too. They were investigating a murder suspect, after all. And they would have known at that point CN wasn't talking to LE.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Is this the same LE that stated in a press conference that LB was a sex trade worker and they didn't appear to consider her disappearance linked to DM because they had done everything they could to investigate her disappearance, even though they hadn't even checked her phone records?

Is this the same LE that stated in a press conference that LB was a sex trade worker and they didn't appear to consider her disappearance linked to DM because they had done everything they could to investigate her disappearance, even though they hadn't even checked her phone records?

Different LE (OPP vs TPS), but your point still stands generally, any LE could have missed something.

Variant- I'm confident in the OPP's involvement with this case. IMO they have the resources to make sure nothing gets overlooked.

http://www.opp.ca/ecms/index.php?id=187

I suppose it's entirely possible that there are no missing women from around that time frame, that have any ties to DM or any of his circle of friends, or who are from the area where the boat was rented so there really isn't anything to investigate. Unfortunately DM is not the only person responsible for disappearances or deaths in this province and it's illogical to try to pin them all on him.

It's just rather unnerving that some LE really don't pay much attention to the cases of missing women who have a history of drugs, mental illness and/or the sex trade. And DM appears to have been someone who attracted these types because of the type of lifestyle he was leading.

Good to know that this information was brought forward by the boat owner just in case something else comes up in the investigation but for now I'll have to assume that the OPP have investigated this incident thoroughly.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member