Bloodstains on Darin's jeans

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's virtually impossible. If Darin wanted Darlie dead, all he had to do is walk up to the couch and plunge a knife into her heart. Takes all of two seconds. There would be absolutely no reason whatever for the boys to have been involved at all. Since she apparently slept through the attack on the boys, there's no reason to believe that she would have woken up before Darin could have killed her.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you'll stick around and discuss this case, and others, with us.

P.S. No one here will yell at you. ;)

Jeana (DP) said:
That's virtually impossible. If Darin wanted Darlie dead, all he had to do is walk up to the couch and plunge a knife into her heart. Takes all of two seconds. There would be absolutely no reason whatever for the boys to have been involved at all. Since she apparently slept through the attack on the boys, there's no reason to believe that she would have woken up before Darin could have killed her.

Perhaps it is just my own thinking, but it seems to me that the appearance in the room of the crime was one of chaos. Too much blood all over to be a simple murder where no one moves from their sleep.
A thing I did a long time ago is look up and read journal articles on traumatic amnesia. One such artticle said that if the person who is doing the harmful thing is known and loved by the victim that traumatic amnesia is much more likely to happen and the memory stay gone. Because the victim cannot stand to remember the one loved doing such a thing.
Everyone please recall that this is something I read from medline I think but am not sure. It is not a thing that I am submitting here to be the truth.
The truth is that I only know about this traumatic amnesia from things I read.
But I do believe for myself only that what occurs in the human mind can be very much complex and not so easy to decipher.

I just want to also state that I do not perceive Darin as being a person who could stab people. I think it take a very special person to do a thing like that. Some person not normal at all.

beesy said:
[/b][/i]
Yes, I think the cast-off is Damon's blood.

I have never heard anything about Darin wearing underwear. It's possibly something else her team has thrown out there to create some doubt. D&D disagree on what he was even wearing at all. I think its Darlie who says he was naked and Darin who says he had his jeans and glasses on. It might be the other way around, but I've never heard anyone say that he was wearing undergarments. Both say that at some point he pulled on his jeans, no mention of undies.

Yes that is what I have learned also. But I have read that he also had blood on the undergarmet that was discarded when he undressed to sleep. I can not remember where I read this. The trial testimony or one of the other papers filed in the appeal process perhaps.
I think it is time for myself to read again the testimony and the other papers filed because it has been a very long time since I did that.
I can not be positive that this is correct but I think that he explain the blood as a cut to himself while repairing the fence. Again a DNA test would support that or not.
If it is the blood of Devon, Damon or even Darlie then he is telling a lie.
Again I can not understand why this was not tested at the time of the trial.

I think she had a good defense. The man lost the case though. It's very likely that's what makes her think he sucked. It's a very common tactic in appeals.

This may be the true situation. I read in the current writ though many instances that are described where the defense had the ability to say something in her defense but did not do so.
How do you feel about that?

[/color]What do they say then? I thought they say that hers was under Damon's. Do they just not mention it at all? Ok, well even leaving that out, there is way too much other evidence against her. Also, if you read that the prosecution does not support that on a Darlie site, just remember those sites are slanted towards her. There have been flat-out lies on there, which are proven to be untrue and then disapear from the site.

I only know that they say that she stabbed the little boys to death and then run outside with a sock and come back into house and cut herself. So if what they say is the truth then her blood can not be beneath the blood of Damon.

SnootyVixen said:
Jeana (DP) said:

Perhaps it is just my own thinking, but it seems to me that the appearance in the room of the crime was one of chaos. Too much blood all over to be a simple murder where no one moves from their sleep.
A thing I did a long time ago is look up and read journal articles on traumatic amnesia. One such artticle said that if the person who is doing the harmful thing is known and loved by the victim that traumatic amnesia is much more likely to happen and the memory stay gone. Because the victim cannot stand to remember the one loved doing such a thing.
Everyone please recall that this is something I read from medline I think but am not sure. It is not a thing that I am submitting here to be the truth.
But I do believe for myself only that what occurs in the human mind can be very much complex and not so easy to decipher.
I'm thinking if I was innocent, and had sepnt 9 years on death row....my ta would have been long gone!

SnootyVixen said:
I only know that they say that she stabbed the little boys to death and then run outside with a sock and come back into house and cut herself. So if what they say is the truth then her blood can not be beneath the blood of Damon.
The prosecution did not present the "2-attack" theory. After brainstorming mainly with cami on here, it sounds much more plausable than Darlie doing everything and then calling 911. Also since I believe Darin to be involved, which the prosecution did not, there was more time before the first PO arrived because he was helping her. I believe he threw the sock down the alley. Since the prosecution did not present the "2-attack" theory, they didn't say anything about the knife. :twocents: I know I read that Damon's is under Darlie's in Springer's book.
So this is the part on the forum where we brainstorm and throw theories around. For instance, I believe Darlie called 911 before she meant to. Once she cut her throat, it probably bled more than she thought it would and she panicked. All of that running around she was doing? I think she was still cleaning up while she was on the phone. IMO The 1st PO did not arrive until over 3 mins. into the call. She had plenty of time to scurry around and notice Damon was not dead. There is a part on the tape where Darlie screams "Karen", to her neighbor, the nurse. Now how could Karen hear Darlie? This was summer in TX. People had their windows closed and the A/C's cranked and Karen's house was sort of catty-corner to Darlie's. Some of us think she is screaming "Darin". Was he outside, dropping the sock and she was worried he wouldn't get back in time? These are just things to ponder.

j2mirish said:
I'm thinking if I was innocent, and had sepnt 9 years on death row....my ta would have been long gone!

Hello j2mirish, can you say what it is that makes you believe that would be the case?
I did not percieve that the amnesia was under the conscious control. There are many cases of children harmed by the parent who just forget it happen because they can not tolerate the memory.
This is just a subject that I find difficult to decide what I think because it is complicated.

SnootyVixen said:
Hello j2mirish, can you say what it is that makes you believe that would be the case?
I did not percieve that the amnesia was under the conscious control. There are many cases of children harmed by the parent who just forget it happen because they can not tolerate the memory.
This is just a subject that I find difficult to decide what I think because it is complicated.[/QUOTE

I was being sarcastic, as I dont believe Darlie had a case of TA- so that is another reason why I believe she is guilty, not Darin, as I dont believe she would take the wrap for something he did-

Jeana (DP) said:

Welcome to the forum. I hope you'll stick around and discuss this case, and others, with us.

P.S. No one here will yell at you. ;)
Whew glad to hear I would not be yelled at. Sure takes a twist off my mind.:D I do admit this is a strange case. Darlie appears to be guilty on many levels but my gut says Darin is behind this. Now if it was a case that Darlie and Darin planned this togeather and both did the deed then I would believe that but for Darin to come down stairs and see Darlie responsible for it all and then help her cover I just can't buy it. Darin would of been in a state of shock to think to help Darlie to cover it up, let alone his love for the boys it should of been murder in his bones to find Darlie had done this, nope does not make since.:( . When I listen to the 911 tape it sends chills through me and a mother out of her mind. As far as Darlie knowing what really happened that night IF she did not do it. I don't believe she does or did at the time BECAUSE, of the horror of it.
Darin needs to be investigated a whole lot more, Ins fraud seeking help. What was really going on back then as far as Darlie and Darin marriage. Did he want out?? Ins money certaintly was not a motive, not enough of it. Did he want his freedom and just one child??? Maybe Darin is innocent, but maybe not maybe, he thought Darlie was dead only to late to realize she was not. Darlie certaintly has her faults but did she do it??? I just don't know, I never have been completely convinced she did. BUT, if she did not and through the years she has recalled things that she did not remember or too traumatic that her mind could not remember, then by all means she needs to have a new trial and I think the truth should come out if infact she did not do this. To die on death row when innocent would be very unjust. Did Darin hire someone?? I think maybe more should of been investigated back then. Maybe a new trial would bring out much more.
:eek: I am always sleuthing but don't post much but I will try to post more.:confused:

I still think they were in it together. Even if Darin is only in it to the extent of covering it up...he still is guilty as heck in my book! I wish they would investigate enough to get him also.:mad:

SnootyVixen said:
Jeana (DP) said:

.....Darlie remembered she was fighting with the guy. She tells the 911 operator that she woke up and she was fighting. If she had traumatic amnesia, she would not remember that because she says the first thing she remembers is seeing the man walk away from where she slept. She has always said in every other statement that she has no memory of fighting with him.

Also, she changed the position of the intruder several times in her early statements. One time he is at her feet, another time he is all the way across the room, another time he is at her throat, another time she can feel his weight on top of her. All police detectives will tell you that is the one thing that victims never change....where the attacker was they first saw him.

That is not a result of amnesia. It is more likely a guilty person's attempt to make her story match what she thinks the evidence is or to increase the drama to gain more sympathy from people. It is definitely not something you expect to hear from a grieving mother.

Traumatic amnesia purely from emotional trauma is very rare and usually doesn't last longer than 6 months. I think if you research it further you will find that what you describe is more often found in children and is very rare in adults. And since Darlie was hypnotized successfully a couple of years ago, if nothing else would give her back her memory that certainly would unless she is purposely blocking it out.

I don't believe she ever did suffer from TA. I think that is something her atty came up with to explain why she didn't wake up when the kids were butchered right next to her. I mean, good grief, she was taking diet pills that interfered with her sleep, so much so that little Drake would wake her up just by rolling over in his squeaky bed. But she didn't wake up when a couple of thugs enter her family room and stab her kids to death right next to her? They had to come up with a better explanation than that. The trouble with it is that statment about her fighting with the intruder. It proves she had memory at the time of the call. TA doesn't fade in and out, which is another thing she was trying to convince us of. TA takes a chunk out of your memory in one block. There is no reason why she couldn't remember clearly the events before and after, but she claimed she couldn't even remember people who testified right in front of her from one day to the next. Anything that she couldn't answer, she either said or implied she couldn't remember/was part of the TA.

I don't mind giving someone the benefit of the doubt but it has to be at least a logical conclusion drawn from the facts of the situation. I just don't see a connection between Darlie,the events of that night and the days following it, and traumatic amnesia.

SnootyVixen said:
I just want to also state that I do not perceive Darin as being a person who could stab people. I think it take a very special person to do a thing like that. Some person not normal at all.
We don't have any evidence that either one of them are "normal," whatever that means. I don't know Darin and certainly not well enough to say whether he would or would not do such a thing,but then I don't think I would try to predict whether anyone,even my own mother, would do such a thing. Good people often do really crappy things. And, the whole atmosphere of that night does not seem to have been "normal" for anyone in that house. So only the evidence can really tell us who did what.

SnootyVixen said:
Jeana (DP) said:

Yeah, but 80% of that blood is Darlie's, not the boys. So go back and look at it again, and then tell me how much chaos you really see. I just see someone walking back and forth between the rooms to do something unknown. Devon never moved after he was stabbed so his blood just pooled beneath him. Hardly any is even around his body. Most was under it. More of Damon's is present, but most of it is on the wall where he was found and beneath him where he laid as he slowly bled out, too. There is some at the first location near the foot of the couch where Darlie laid, too. But that is pretty much it for their blood. All the rest is hers. As the experts say, let the evidence lead you instead of you looking for things to prove your feelings right.

j2mirish said:
And you would quite correct.

speedymama said:
Whew glad to hear I would not be yelled at. Sure takes a twist off my mind.:D I do admit this is a strange case. Darlie appears to be guilty on many levels but my gut says Darin is behind this. Now if it was a case that Darlie and Darin planned this togeather and both did the deed then I would believe that but for Darin to come down stairs and see Darlie responsible for it all and then help her cover I just can't buy it. Darin would of been in a state of shock to think to help Darlie to cover it up, let alone his love for the boys it should of been murder in his bones to find Darlie had done this, nope does not make since.:( . When I listen to the 911 tape it sends chills through me and a mother out of her mind. As far as Darlie knowing what really happened that night IF she did not do it. I don't believe she does or did at the time BECAUSE, of the horror of it.
Darin needs to be investigated a whole lot more, Ins fraud seeking help. What was really going on back then as far as Darlie and Darin marriage. Did he want out?? Ins money certaintly was not a motive, not enough of it. Did he want his freedom and just one child??? Maybe Darin is innocent, but maybe not maybe, he thought Darlie was dead only to late to realize she was not. Darlie certaintly has her faults but did she do it??? I just don't know, I never have been completely convinced she did. BUT, if she did not and through the years she has recalled things that she did not remember or too traumatic that her mind could not remember, then by all means she needs to have a new trial and I think the truth should come out if infact she did not do this. To die on death row when innocent would be very unjust. Did Darin hire someone?? I think maybe more should of been investigated back then. Maybe a new trial would bring out much more.
:eek: I am always sleuthing but don't post much but I will try to post more.:confused:
Why don't you listen to the tape again and imagine what she would sound like if she were faking it? You know, she isn't hyperventilating on that tape. She is just squealing in a high pitched yell that is barely understandable until runs out of breath and has to slow down. One minute she is yelling, the next she spits out something in a very clear, matter of fact tone, hysteria suddenly gone. What I did when analyzing this was just not consider anything that could be faked. Once I was sure from the evidence that was pretty solid, I went back to the other stuff like the 911 call. It sounds very different once you know she did it.

Goody said:
Why don't you listen to the tape again and imagine what she would sound like if she were faking it? You know, she isn't hyperventilating on that tape. She is just squealing in a high pitched yell that is barely understandable until runs out of breath and has to slow down. One minute she is yelling, the next she spits out something in a very clear, matter of fact tone, hysteria suddenly gone. What I did when analyzing this was just not consider anything that could be faked. Once I was sure from the evidence that was pretty solid, I went back to the other stuff like the 911 call. It sounds very different once you know she did it.
The thing I noticed the most was the lack of crying. She is basically screaming, then as you say, it all goes calm as she answers the questions she CHOOSES to answer.....then back to screaming. Nope...no real crying. To me....that is telling. :loser:

deandaniellws said:
The thing I noticed the most was the lack of crying. She is basically screaming, then as you say, it all goes calm as she answers the questions she CHOOSES to answer.....then back to screaming. Nope...no real crying. To me....that is telling. :loser:
Agreed. If you listen to Darin in the background, he sounds like you would expect to hear someone in that situation sound. He sounds like he is crying and terrified and in a panic all at the same time. The contrast between him and Darlie is quite sharp.

speedymama said:
:crazy:

At the risk of being yelled at since everyone is a firm believer that Darlie killed the boys and caused harm to herself in hopes she would get away with it. Don't get me wrong, she has told many stories but ''''''''Let just suppose that Darlie was sound a sleep, she was woken up by the screams or being attacked, very dazed in shock, that most was a blur. Her mind could not or would not take it all in, maybe why the different versions of that night. But as time has passed and her mind is letting her see things she could not see on that fateful night and now she realizes dear hubby was the man she seen that night. When the one boy was still alive could really tell, he was silenced for good. In Darlie confusion and talking on the phone Darin could of silenced him with out darlie actually seeing it. Would it not be a real crime twister if it turned out dear hubby was the killer and he really was after darlie that night but forced to kill the boys because they woke up and would tell, but all went wrong boys died but Darlie still alive, oh my, oh well she goes to death row, so she is gone but oh gee if she ever remembers that night will she tell. Darin better stick by her and stay safe from Darlie as well as looking very innocent. If this was a real crime twister, he most likely will get away with it, but wait maybe there is more to tell in those jeans Darin had on, maybe they tell a much bigger story.;;;;Remeber Alfred Hichcock movies always thought you knew then suddenly there was the big twister.

Wow sure would turn this crime scene way around on websleuths!
HA HA! Yes, but guess what? This is not a movie. Ok, Darin is a very large man, yet you're saying he was unable to kill a sleeping Darlie? Killers usually do not change MO's from victim to victim. The Routier Killer uses deep plunging wounds on 2 small boys, but then reaches up at an awkward angle to slit Darlie's throat? Her stomach and chest were much easier to reach and stabbing her would be the same MO. Her wound is not the typical ear-to-ear slash which is normally seen. It's also not very deep. How do you suppose the killer could make that sort of cut? Behind her while she slept? Beside her while she slept? In front of her while she slept?
Another thing, Darlie didn't act confused or spacey on the phone with 911. If you're saying she had just been waked up by Darin cutting her, she should have sounded confused on the tape. She doesn't. She tells her story. She doesn't say "I don't know what happened! I just woke up!" Why did Darin even give her a chance to dial 911? He certainly would have known he didn't kill her. She says she jumped right up after "frightening" with this attacker. You're saying Darin tried to kill her and then ran from HER? Now really think about that. Does that make sense? Any attacker wouldn't have known she would have amnesia and not remember much. How would Darin know that? He just bolted out the UR door and let her chase him? But you then think Darin was so worried about Damon telling on him that he killed him, but let Darlie live? Again, why would he expect her to come down with TA?
I do believe Darin was involved but not in the way you are saying. Both D's admit to having an argument that night. There are stories about Darlie told by friends and even family about her histrionics. So they argue, perhaps he threatens to take the boys away from her. She says she'll hurt them and/or herself before that happens. He dares her or something to that effect. We know things hadn't been so great for her, she even claims to have nearly attempted suicide about a month before the attacks. She was on Rx diet pills, which are basically legal speed, she most likely had some post-partum stuff going on, her cash flow was becoming smaller and smaller. She attacks Devon first. While she is attacking Damon, Darin runs downstairs. Now he mentions having what would be a typical trauma reaction. He's confused, he thinks the glass table top fell and cut Devon, things were moving in slow motion. He doesn't even see Damon at first. Darlie never mentions anything like that. I remember our son fell down 3 steps on our stairwell. I watched him tumble and it seemed like it lasted several minutes, like he'd never stop falling.
Darlie made Darin feel guilty, saying he dared her to do it. So he helps her. I also believe he stabs Damon while she's on the phone with 911. Hence, he cannot tell on her without telling on himself. This may sound like a way-out theory, but the theory of Darin attacking all 3 of them the way she says the attacks occured makes no sense at all.

deandaniellws said:
I know and I hate that part where she starts saying "Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god" It sounds so fake. It really annoys me.
I agree with you that she chooses to answer some things and not others. She throws in a couple of "Oh my god's" and ignores the Q. And she stays on the phone too dang long. The 911 operators usually want the person to stay on the line until help arrives. Darlie was still on the phone nearly 2 mins. after the first PO arrived. The operator had to tell her to get off the phone and let him in the door. Of course, that's when she started worrying about possibly ruining any fingerprints on the knife. Guilty people explain why evidence is missing without being asked because they know there is no evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot