BLUE VAN:Investigation**REVISITED**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think the blanket was still in the van when LE seized it, based on the statement the blanket was in the van they took. It is possible though that she got the blanket out that Tuesday before LE took the van. I would hope LE took the blanket and checked it for evidence though.

I seriously doubt they let her take ANYTHING out of that van.....

The only problem is though is the van wasnt seized until the next day when the Croslin family notified LE about the scratch and it being parked differently- so she could of possibly taken it out Tuesday during the day or Tuesday evening.

I seriously doubt they let her take ANYTHING out of that van.....

We have talked about the 1 to 1 1/2 hour remark several times. It is very confusing and without time stamps we do not know what time that transmission was made, was it at 4:00 am or 4:30 am and they are talking about she was reported missing at 3:00 am. The problem I have is I can't imagine LE would not come out and state she was seen at 2:30 or 3:00 am if that was the case.

I totally agree the van could of been used. If you will recall this discussion started when you originally put your theory out there and talked about how she could of parked the van at Tyler and walked back home and I was providing links to show you that the van was not parked at Tyler. If Misty did have the kids at the Tyler property like your theory suggest my point is there would have to be alot of people covering up that fact and I just can't see how that many people could fool LE for this long. The more people involved in a crime usually the quicker the truth comes out.

Busy,

I can't put this to rest. If LE were at Tyler at 4:30am they would be saying they were verifying she was last seen 1 1/12 hours ago. That would mean that someone from that address saw Haleigh alive at 2:30 and that would mean they were at the MH. See what I mean? I think there is a lot more to this story and we only have a few bits of it. ;)

I would like a link that shows when it was that LE confiscated the van. TIA!!

I was also considering the situation around the MH and when could she have gone to Cresent City to get that blanket? There were LE, FBI, family, neighbors, media. Lots of people interviewing them, I don't see her driving there herself as she didn't have a license and I don't think they really had the time with all that was going on. I would also think LE would be watching every move they made.

Until we have the unedited version of the dispatch transmission, I don't think we will ever know what exactly happened with the 1 to 1 1/2 hours ago. It sure is confusing. If the transmission came in and 4:30 or so and they are basing it on when the 911 call was placed that would be and hour to an hour half. The officer answering that question had already been to Green before going to Tyler, therefore it could simply be she is just responding based on the timing of the 911 call. If Haleigh was truly seen 1 to 1 1/2 hours from the time that transmission took place so we are shooting for 3 at the earliest then I would think the timeline would be completely different. LE would of stated that she was seen at 3am and reported missing at 3:27 am. Just doesnt make any sense that she was seen at that time.

Busy,

I can't put this to rest. If LE were at Tyler at 4:30am they would be saying they were verifying she was last seen 1 1/12 hours ago. That would mean that someone from that address saw Haleigh alive at 2:30 and that would mean they were at the MH. See what I mean? I think there is a lot more to this story and we only have a few bits of it. ;)

Chelsea drove the van to Misty's Tuesday morning at 4am after she was notified that Haleigh was missing. So she would not of had to gone to Crescent City, but you bring up a very good point that LE was all over the place at that time.

I was also considering the situation around the MH and when could she have gone to Cresent City to get that blanket? There were LE, FBI, family, neighbors, media. Lots of people interviewing them, I don't see her driving there herself as she didn't have a license and I don't think they really had the time with all that was going on. I would also think LE would be watching every move they made.

The transmission came in before 3:40am. It was stated that "she was last seen within her residence', not "the" residence. Her residence means 202 Green. Not Tyler.

This puts the time to somewhere between 2:10am and 2:40am. We have no idea where this information came from, just that the officer stated "1 1/2 hour ago" . Who told her this?

Maybe the Croslins at 116 Tyler also called 911?

There is no record of a 911 call from the Tyler residence. How could the transmission come in before 3:40 am. It is in the sequence of transmissions after the officers have already arrived at Green Lane. In addition the officer that states 1 to 1 1/2 hours states she is returning to Green Lane. We know LE did not arrive on Green Lane until after 3:40 am. Therefore, they would have to be at Tyler sometime after 3:40.

The transmission came in before 3:40am. It was stated that "she was last seen within her residence', not "the" residence. Her residence means 202 Green. Not Tyler.

This puts the time to somewhere between 2:10am and 2:40am. We have no idea where this information came from, just that the officer stated "1 1/2 hour ago" . Who told her this?

Maybe the Croslins at 116 Tyler also called 911?

Does dispatch give info about incident for hours later to each car that goes to residence? Or is it handled by the Commander after the first vehicles arrives?

On Tuesday, the MH was a crime scene and they were camping out. They had to get blankets and other stuff from somewhere else. I don't think that LE would have paid too much attention if Chelsea or some other Croslin relative had arrived carrying a blanket. Unless they were looking for a blanket.

If you call records they will connect you to dispatch if you want to request a police report without a case number - dispatch shows no 911 calls made from Tyler St on that date.
Does the public have access to all 911 calls?

Very good point.

On Tuesday, the MH was a crime scene and they were camping out. They had to get blankets and other stuff from somewhere else. I don't think that LE would have paid too much attention if Chelsea or some other Croslin relative had arrived carrying a blanket. Unless they were looking for a blanket.

Very good point.

I would imagine that LE would have asked those questions at the outset. Blankets and bed arrangements should have come out then. I believe that they would have been watching them up close at the camping tents.

Here is the thing with the 1 to 1 1/2 hour thing since everyone is beating it again is it possible that Misty's brother or the SIL or both had been over at Misty's visiting that late partying, whatever, and claimed to have seen Haleigh at that time... the 1 - 1 1/2 hr thing would have been what 2:00 - 2:10 am ? And that is what that officer was relaying back. DId that make any sense?
I still think the van is stinky. The van being moved the same night Haleigh disappeared w/ damage just seems like to much of a coincidence...

Concerning the blanket in the van: does anyone recall reading or hearing the reason and the time that the blanket was put into the van in the first place? I know what other web sites are saying but I can't say here. I would just like to see if there has been an explanation and I somehow missed it. TIA.:confused:

Maybe another topic, but I would like to see what story Misty's brother gave to LE about his whereabouts that night. Was a party going on at his home and when he and children dropped by around 5:30 did he invite her to come by? I would also like to know what he was driving that afternoon when he came by.

I haven't seen anything covering the brother. I miss hearing from the locals we use to have on this site.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garc
Back