BLUE VAN:Investigation**REVISITED**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bumping to reply to a post in the Nancy grace thread from MADJG....

MADJG. you said that if there was evidence found in the van they would never had released it. I believe they have circumstantial evidence regarding the van but had no choice but to release it because just like when releasing the trailer.....they had not yet pinpointed the exact crime. How could they keep someone else's property when there is no crime. If they had found what they were looking for we would have seen charges and the van would have never been released.

There is a video in this thread that outlines exactly how long the van was kept and around about the time it was taken,( which was NOT right away!) it was held for as long as they possibly could hold it...remember this van was being shared by Lyndsey and Tommy, Timmy and Chelsea, Hank and Lisa, and probably Misty as well back then, my gut tells me they were itching to get it back for more than one reason. JMO

I wonder if they checked Orlando's vehicle...

...Ya know, friends hep freinds...

And, then disappear from sight.

IIRC, Lindsy had a silver mini-van in her drive-way in some of the photos and Chelsea had the light blue mini-van. (I think.)

Sorry I don't have a link. I did try to find my old post re: this, but can't find it on this thread.

Correcting myself - per that Fox35 video, it is dark blue, not light blue.

http://www.cbs47.com/content/topstor...4ZPyUJb7g.cspx

~~~snipped~~~

Quote>>>.Chelsea believes the only explanation is that at some point during the night Haleigh was taken, the family member (Joe) staying with her took the van.

&#8220;I&#8217;m not accusing anybody&#8230;it&#8217;s just me being a mom and believing what I believe and piecing things together. I almost feel like I might know who it is,&#8221; said Chelsea. <<<<Quote

Maybe this is what Misty was referring to when she told Chelsea to 'use her head' when
they were talking on the phone about the 2 people Misty if gonna throw under the bus.

The issue of the van is an aspect of this case that I have not looked at very closely. I don't know much about the van but what I seem to remember confuses me and I would like to ask a few questions.

-Is there more than 1 van? I know there is a dark blue van that stayed parked at 116 Tyler as late as last August(?) when Ger took some pictures of the front of the residence.

-Is this the van with the damage or scratch?

-IIRC, Cousin Joe was staying with Timmy in the Crescent City area. How is he being tied into this van as possibly having driven it?

-Maybe I'm wrong, but I seem to remember Misty allegedly seeing the van parked differently the next morning(?) and saying something to the effect of "Please tell me you parked the van like that" and noting the damage.

-Who's van was she talking about? If the van is the dark blue van from Tommy's house, why is Cousin Joe being tied to that van? Wasn't he doing his sleeping at Timmy's house?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me understand this.

in my opinion it was chelsea who owned the van... it would not have been released except to the legit owner and that is why she was the one talking about it and the part about her talking about please tell me you put the scratch in my van was just chelsea screwing up the pronouns ( i think that is the wrong term but she went from saying it verbatim to narrating if that makes any sense) and it is very common for le to hold all things until they can't anymore... like what if they found haleighs body and there was an imprint from the hatchback or doorhandle or any other random car part... they always keep stuff until the last possible minute... you could get your stuff back sooner if you have a lawyer etc but these people would not have known any of that... i know a guy who was accused by a family member of robbing a local small bank.. he had money stored under his floor boards it was not the money from the bank robbery but it took him almost 2 years to get it back from the cops and that was even with a lawyer

I think it's Chelsea's van, and MC's comment with the word "my", still means Chelsea's. MC can not afford any kind of car--no real income.

I feel like this was a family van, maybe it was in Chelsea's name. Or maybe it was Misty's but since she had no DL the other two SIL drove the van as well. Maybe they all shared it.
Most important who had the van over the weekend before Haleigh went missing?.

Van Seized in Haleigh Case Returned
Posted By: Jessica Clark Created: 3/19/2009 2:31:11 PM Updated: 3/19/2009 4:20:57 PM

PUTNAM COUNTY, FL -- A van that investigators seized in the search for evidence in the Haleigh Cummings case has been returned.

Misty Croslin Cummings' sister-in-law now has her mini-van back.

Misty was the last person to see 5-year-old Haleigh before she disappeared.

According to Misty's mother, Lisa Croslin, her daughter-in-law noticed a scratch along the side of the van the night of day after Haleigh disappeared.

Investigators seized the vehicle.

Captain Dick Schauland with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office said the technicians at the FDLE lab did not find any information on the van that is linked to the Haliegh Cummings' case.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=134179&catid=3

Questions about van connected to Haleigh&#8217;s
disappearance
Wednesday, 18 Mar 2009, 6:08 PM EDT

- Haleigh Cummings vanished 5 weeks ago and cops are fed up with her new teenage stepmother who can't seem to give police a straight answer. The woman who drives that van is Misty Cummings sister-in-law Chelsea Croslin. Misty was the last person to see Haleigh the night she was taken. Croslin says the family got the van back just before the weekend.
Video Report at link: http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/031809_haleigh_van_questions

I feel like this was a family van, maybe it was in Chelsea's name. Or maybe it was Misty's but since she had no DL the other two SIL drove the van as well. Maybe they all shared it.
Most important who had the van over the weekend before Haleigh went missing?.

BBM Good way to launder drug money!

If this was Chelsea's van, why does she point blank, plain as day, say that it's Misty's van?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SigN7STvDRs

She wasn't even at her own home doing this interview, she was in the driveway at Tommy's residence on Tyler.

It also seems a little odd that if this were Chelsea's van it would be sitting in Tommy's driveway on August 12th AFTER she and Timmy had moved lock stock and barrel to Massachusetts in July(?) after the baby was born.

croslinmsilbox026.jpg

This entire "who's van is it" senario seems like someone is trying their best to give this van to Chelsea so good ole Cousin Joe could be blamed for driving it.

If this was Chelsea's van, why does she point blank, plain as day, say that it's Misty's van?

Chelsea doesn't say it was Misty who called her about the van. The reporter says that it was Misty, Chelsea may have told him it was Misty's off camera, but on camera all Chelsea says "she".

So which "she" is she talking about? :crazy:

Chelsea doesn't say it was Misty who called her about the van. The reporter says that it was Misty, Chelsea may have told him it was Misty's off camera, but on camera all Chelsea says "she".

So which "she" is she talking about? :crazy:

And Chelsea didn't offer any type of objection or clarification to any reporter error as to who called her, either, does she?

IMO it's very clear that it's Misty Croslin that she was talking to when she said "There's no way that I put the scratch in YOUR van".

And Chelsea didn't offer any type of objection or clarification to any reporter error as to who called her, either, does she?

IMO it's very clear that it's Misty Croslin that she was talking to when she said "There's no way that I put the scratch in YOUR van".

We don't know that he even said that in front of her, that was probably added once they put the story/video together. We don't even see the question he asked her or what she is responding to when she makes the comment about the van.

IMO It is about as clear as mud, who she was talking about, because of the reporter's voice over, but I'm pretty sure that the "she" is Lindsy and not Misty.

She wasn't even at her own home doing this interview, she was in the driveway at Tommy's residence on Tyler.

It also seems a little odd that if this were Chelsea's van it would be sitting in Tommy's driveway on August 12th AFTER she and Timmy had moved lock stock and barrel to Massachusetts in July(?) after the baby was born.

croslinmsilbox026.jpg

This entire "who's van is it" senario seems like someone is trying their best to give this van to Chelsea so good ole Cousin Joe could be blamed for driving it.

not sure maybe they left it behind for the fam since it was obviously a community van i'm just saying i am betting it was legally in chelsea's name since it was her the cops returned it to. and they did have an estate sale at 116 tyler when they moved maybe they lived with tommy and lindsy for a while prior to heading up to mass and maybe it was paid to tommy for letting them live there... i don't know but i did read a long time ago that they often let lindsy borrow it for her night classes also heard that tommy sold a truck out from under them and in hank's phone call there was a mention of timmy owing them all perhaps the van was a partial payment for whatever he owed them
i dunno

croslinmsilbox026.jpg

never saw that picture before but i noticed that ditch near the driveway.. wonder if that was the ditch that they did or did not find ron's gun in when joe supposedly took it

never saw that picture before but i noticed that ditch near the driveway.. wonder if that was the ditch that they did or did not find ron's gun in when joe supposedly took it

LOL I think it probably is the place Ron lead Misty to, where the gun that was/wasn't missing was/wasn't found.

not sure maybe they left it behind for the fam since it was obviously a community van i'm just saying i am betting it was legally in chelsea's name since it was her the cops returned it to. and they did have an estate sale at 116 tyler when they moved maybe they lived with tommy and lindsy for a while prior to heading up to mass and maybe it was paid to tommy for letting them live there... i don't know but i did read a long time ago that they often let lindsy borrow it for her night classes also heard that tommy sold a truck out from under them and in hank's phone call there was a mention of timmy owing them all perhaps the van was a partial payment for whatever he owed them
i dunno

Sooo..... Chelsea & Timmy are moving to Cape Cod - where neither she nor Timmy have relatives, as far as I'm concerned, and probably no jobs either - and yet they had enough $$$ to donate their mini-van to the family commune. ???

<sorry, nothing personal, E-U-R, ain't buying that tune.>

As far as that 8-day estate sale. Nobody does that kind of $hit.

MAYBE if it was one or more households of decedents - in which case it is conducted by a business that specializes in this type of sale. (yes, we have one of those in Putnam]

MAYBE if they had a whole $heit-load of stuff like you'd find in a 12,000 sq. ft. home, they'd have one on consecutive weekends, but NOT 8 days in a row.

Plus, I did check - there was no ad in the PennySaver nor the PDN classifieds for "Yard Sale/Estate Sale/Garage Sale" for the reported dates.

<sorry, GER, I don't know what the deal is. I don't doubt YOU, and I don't know how they happened to have that sign up when you went by there, but it just don't add up. At least not to what I, and they, should know about having a yard sale.>

PLUS - they'd get a whole lot more shoppers IN PALATKA [where Chelsea and Timmy lived] vs. having it in the Hermit's Cove area, imo.

Not trying to make anybody mad, or feel attacked, I just don't understand any of this; it makes NO SENSE to me.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garc
Back