BLUE VAN:Investigation**REVISITED**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We never heard if they checked out Ron's car. They inspected Lindsey and Tommy's car but nothing about Ron's. That is strange!

Concerning the blanket in the van: does anyone recall reading or hearing the reason and the time that the blanket was put into the van in the first place? I know what other web sites are saying but I can't say here. I would just like to see if there has been an explanation and I somehow missed it. TIA.:confused:

I honestly do not remember hearing why the blanket was in the van just why it wasn't in the MH. I assumed it was in there due to the little tift her and Ron had when he had booted her out , I'm sure she took whatever she could that was her from the home at the time. I'll go see if Misty stated anything about it..

Where is the Police Report of 116 Tyler for that visit? If it was part of 202 Green and part of the investigation, it should have been written in the report of Green Lane; if not, there should be a separate report. Were they awake? Or did the LE wake them up?

The only time it is mentioned is when the tracking dogs went by Tommy's house..

Where is the Police Report of 116 Tyler for that visit? If it was part of 202 Green and part of the investigation, it should have been written in the report of Green Lane; if not, there should be a separate report. Were they awake? Or did the LE wake them up?

The only time it is mentioned is when the tracking dogs went by Tommy's house..

Hi Whisperer :) I think that LE only released part of the police report not all of it. Just as I believe they did not release all of the radio transmissions back and forth that night. That is why all of this in part is so confusing because we are left to interpet what we do have and try to fit pieces in as we go.

Mysticrose - thanks. I was about to spin around in my chair and start talking in tongues.

LE was in 2 places at the same time for the same missing child. Her home was one and her babysitter's brother's house was the second. Why was LE at Tyler? We just don't know. But, the officer at Tyler was apparently also using a telephone to communicate, not just the radio. (in case the perp. had a scanner?)

I just don't know anything at all.

Hi Whisperer :) I think that LE only released part of the police report not all of it. Just as I believe they did not release all of the radio transmissions back and forth that night. That is why all of this in part is so confusing because we are left to interpet what we do have and try to fit pieces in as we go.

I agree. Parts of the police report is missing. Parts of the radio transmission were left out, because they were relayed through a secure channel or their walkie-talkies they wear on their shoulders. There is a lot we are not going to know until this case is solved and goes to court. And some of it we may never know.

Busy,

I can't put this to rest. If LE were at Tyler at 4:30am they would be saying they were verifying she was last seen 1 1/12 hours ago. That would mean that someone from that address saw Haleigh alive at 2:30 and that would mean they were at the MH. See what I mean? I think there is a lot more to this story and we only have a few bits of it. ;)
=========
I agree, this is really bothering me. The transcript states, time she was last seen. I'm questioning why LE was even at 116 Tyler street. Let's just suppose that the time of the transcript statement was around 4:00 am. That would mean that at approx. 2:30 am, someone in that home saw Haleigh. This would greatly impact the timeline as it has been reported. This definitely needs an explanation.

Mysticrose - thanks. I was about to spin around in my chair and start talking in tongues.

LE was in 2 places at the same time for the same missing child. Her home was one and her babysitter's brother's house was the second. Why was LE at Tyler? We just don't know. But, the officer at Tyler was apparently also using a telephone to communicate, not just the radio. (in case the perp. had a scanner?)

I just don't know anything at all.
========
Makes you wonder if Misty called her brother first before Ron came home to tell him that she could not find Haleigh. Could her brother or Lindsey have called LE and that is why LE stopped by their home on Tyler?

Also, I have to also wonder if the 2:30am time is when Misty arrived at the Mobile Home from partying with her brother and discovered Haleigh missing (contingent upon her leaving Haleigh and Jr. sleeping in the mobile home while she was gone).

"What's going on at Tyler?" says MLE1. Obviously he didn't know that an officer was at this address. Odd.

"Last seen within her residence an hour to an hour and a half ago." Now, from MC's story, she didn't see HaLeigh after 10:00-11:00pm (giving wide latitude on when she actually fell asleep). So who made this statement to LE?

"What's going on at Tyler?" says MLE1. Obviously he didn't know that an officer was at this address. Odd.

"Last seen within her residence an hour to an hour and a half ago." Now, from MC's story, she didn't see HaLeigh after 10:00-11:00pm (giving wide latitude on when she actually fell asleep). So who made this statement to LE?
BBM

Who was this statement about? Haleigh, Misty, Lindsy?

You guys are all questioning the same problems that I have with this radio transmission and the 911 call. There are parts of the police report missing, I really really think that Haleigh may have wandered out of the trailer that night to find Misty(Misty could or could not have been in the house, I just think Haleigh woke and couldn't find her) I think that when the 1 to 1 and 1/2 time frame was given I think someone at Tyler stated Misty herself was last seen one and a half hours ago inside her own residence by someone at the Tyler street address. That is just what it sounded like to me.

As far as LE withholding evidence....they do it all the time. Putting few and accurate facts out there in the beginning will encourage more people to come forward with info and tips...because if there is too much info out there, people will exclude themselves from possible knowing things or being there without being interviewed properly.

What do you think happened to Haleigh after she wandered out, elle?

What do you think happened to Haleigh after she wandered out, elle?

I think and of course have nothing but a little research to guide my decision, that Haleigh may have been snatched after wandering out. If you look at the trail that the tracking dogs followed that night, it is a very strange track, backtracking in a couple of areas and even meanders through a RSO's yard. I am not sure if I can put the name so I will leave it at that. Anyway, the track ended at the railroad tracks, the dogs couldn't follow it any farther. With 44 registered offenders in a 5 mile radius, anything is possible. LE issued a statement back then saying a lot of their homes were searched and the ones with a GPS monitor were checked into, but enough time had already passed at that point that any trace of Haleigh would be gone. And if none of their monitors sounded to alert they were away from their residence, well they wouldn't if they happened upon Haleigh after she left her home and wandered out in search of Misty.

I mean, Haleigh might have walked to Tyler enough times to feel confident about where she was going, then got lost. Ronald was at work.....no doubt about that, and if Misty was out or even sleeping and Haleigh didn't see her, she could have very well left the trailer. As far as the back door goes, I think that in some part Misty felt to blame for Haleigh being gone. Whether she was sleeping or outside the home makes no difference. To her, being put in charge of Haleigh and RJ's welfare, she had a lot on the line. I think that back door could have been staged, we just don't know. There is a lot more to the story that happened that night. I think LE feels confident that Misty is up to her eyeballs and withholding something. Or Misty could have gone ahead and told them she was out that night and now LE has nothing because they worked off the theory that Haleigh was taken from her own home. 5 long months have passed and unless someone comes forward, they have nothing. Without Haleigh or her body, or DNA...this case will be at a standstill in my opinion. I also think that LE has charges that could be brought against Misty for child endangerment and such....but with no Haleigh there is nothing.

I know it sounds like a long shot, but it all seems so much more likely than Ronald and Misty harming Haleigh, or Crystal kidnapping Haleigh....I mean they are not without flaws but I believe they loved her dearly.

Also, I think that Misty's cousin that was visiting could have something to do with this mess as well. Especially if Misty was out of the home or passed out that night. He could very easily have gone in and taken Haleigh, if he knew she was at the Tyler Street address that night and away from Green Lane. It is rumored that Joe often propped open doors while burglarizing houses. I say rumored because that info came from Misty.

Elle,

I think that the trail that the dogs followed; was confusing on purpose. I don't know if it was SO or what at this point, but I think it was intended to go though that yard to get the police to look in that direction, to throw them off. I still have a hard time after watching some of the video's of RC to think he had anything to do with this, other than having a young teenager with the kids that was known to party. I really think some person knew she was leaving that MH and took Haleigh.

BBM

Who was this statement about? Haleigh, Misty, Lindsy?

I would assume it meant Haleigh since she was the one who was reported missing, or had been kidnapped. If it had been anyone else, they would have specified that, I think.

Elle,

I think that the trail that the dogs followed; was confusing on purpose. I don't know if it was SO or what at this point, but I think it was intended to go though that yard to get the police to look in that direction, to throw them off. I still have a hard time after watching some of the video's of RC to think he had anything to do with this, other than having a young teenager with the kids that was known to party. I really think some person knew she was leaving that MH and took Haleigh.

you could be right Bern, I am wondering if this is where the cousin Joe....hope it's okay to say the name, or someone who knew Joe, might come into play. He would have known MC was out, or sleeping, and he has been known to use a brick. Of course, if the door was staged then that just opens up a world of other possibilities.

Just in case you missed it:

Saturday September 5, 2009 Cape Cod Online

Cape couple questioned about missing Florida girl

SOUTH YARMOUTH – A local family has been questioned regarding the disappearance of a 6-year-old girl from Florida more than six months ago, according to law enforcement officials.

Deputies from a Florida sheriff’s office questioned the local couple Saturday afternoon at the South Yarmouth state police barracks in relation to the Feb. 10 disappearance of Haleigh Cummings, state police Sgt. Robert Finacom said. He referred all other questions to Cape and Islands District Attorney Michael O’Keefe.

“This is an ongoing investigation and the state police detectives assigned to my office are assisting the Florida authorities,” O’Keefe said Saturday night. “I’m not going to make any comments regarding an ongoing investigation.”

http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090905/NEWS11/909059982 BBM

I wanted to bump this thread back up for those that might not have seen it. It is actually the second of 2 threads that we had earlier in the case involving “ the van they took”. And I apologize for the length but I have a habit of typing my thoughts out without organizing them first.

I have always been stuck on this van thing. Ever since I heard the first interview that Misty gave while her mom was sitting next to her on the couch. For those who might not have seen or heard it it’s here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTl4PUY6o_E

Misty was asked what happened the night Haleigh went missing and that is when she began to explain about the blankets and the van. She says “ I put her to bed, and her blanket and my blanket, my blanket was in the van that they took so we had a blanket hanging on the window and I had to wash that and her blanket because it smelled like pee. “ I always thought that when Misty said “they” she was referring to Law Enforcement. But looking back now and bearing in mind some of the things we have learned in the past few months, I am wondering if Misty’s “they” meant her family. I remember that Misty claimed that her brother and his two sons were over around 5 pm playing outside with Haleigh. Is it possible he was there to pick up the blue van?

We know that Chelsea and Timmy had a a vehicle that was involved in a wreck 2 days before Haleigh goes missing. It was reported that Chelsea started using the “family van” after the wreck. Chelsea goes into detail about driving to Gainsville to drop off her mother in law Lisa C at the hospital to see Hank SR, so did she send Timmy or Tommy over to get the van around 5 and this is the “THEY” that Misty was referring to taking the van, or did Law Enforcement already have it impounded by the time Misty gave that first on camera interview? I seem to remember that there were 2 vans, The blue van, and Lyndsy and Tommy’s van. ( does anyone else remember this cause I could be going a little nuts) Remember that when Tommy was arrested at the bus stop it was reported that he was slumped over in a van.
Link: http://www.artharris.com/2009/11/05/exclusive-busted-again-misty-bro-tommy-croslin-not-talking/

Snip ~According to a police report obtained by The Bald Truth, sheriff’s deputies found Tommy passed out in the front seat of the family’s blue min-van on Tyler Street and Buffalo Bluff Road, in Satsuma, Thursday at 8:56 a.m.~ end

I posted the video of Chelsea on the new van thread, in the video she tells how she has only had the van back for a few days and the date of the interview was 3/18/09. Also in the video it tells that the van was impounded after investigators found out about a phone call from Misty later on in the evening that Haleigh went missing. I know that there is some speculation as to whether or not it was Misty or Lyndsy who called Chelsea to ask about the scratch, so I went looking for another source that might have other information
And found this : http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/031809_haleigh_van_questions

Snip~After a few hours, another sign the van was tampered with appeared. “The day Haleigh went missing, everyone was looking for her…she (Misty) called me later that night and said Chelsea, please tell me you’re the one who put the scratch in my van. I started crying and told her there’s no way I put the scratch in her van. ~ end

Why all the crying about the van between these two? Haleigh is missing and they are worried about a scratched van? Something doesn’t seem right to me. Where were Cousin Joe, Timmy and Tommy Croslin that night and how soon were they questioned?

Interesting! Would you like me to merge the two threads or am I missing something?

Elle the article is poorly worded and if you listen to Chelsea interview it is Lindsy who called Chelsea and asked about the van - not Misty. I will look to see if I can find the Chelsea interview.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back