Bob Barker has died at age 99

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bob Barker, the longtime host of television’s “The Price Is Right” who used his combination of comfort-food charm and deadpan humor to become an American television staple, has died, according to his longtime publicist. He was 99.

Barker contributed $5 million to the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, a marine wildlife and environmental protection group, to help end international whaling. The society named a ship in their fleet the "Bob Barker."

I first watched Bob Barker on Truth or Consequences back in the 70s.

The longtime host of "The Price Is Right" actually got his start in game shows after legendary producer Ralph Edwards discovered him while listening to Bob's radio show and hired him for TV.

Barker started off hosting the iconic hit, "Truth or Consequences" back in 1956, on which he starred until 1975. He also hosted a number of other game shows and programs over the years, including "Dream Girl of '67," "Tattletales," 'Miss Universe,' and most famously ... "The Price is Right," which he produced and hosted until 2007.

I'm sure I share similar memories with others of watching Bob Barker when home sick from school. I also remember my friends and I coming up with our own game-show games, the host pretending to be Bob Barker.

RIP.

LOS ANGELES — Longtime “Price Is Right” host Bob Barker died of Alzheimer’s disease, according to a death certificate viewed by NBC News.

Barker, who hosted the game show for 35 years, died Aug. 26 at age 99, according to his publicist and the death certificate...

Bob Barker, the longtime host of television’s “The Price Is Right” who used his combination of comfort-food charm and deadpan humor to become an American television staple, has died, according to his longtime publicist. He was 99.

Barker contributed $5 million to the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, a marine wildlife and environmental protection group, to help end international whaling. The society named a ship in their fleet the "Bob Barker."

He was a tremendous animal advocate and for that reason, I admired him greatly.

I'm sure I share similar memories with others of watching Bob Barker when home sick from school. I also remember my friends and I coming up with our own game-show games, the host pretending to be Bob Barker.

RIP.

My sisters and I did the same thing. If we had to miss school for any reason no matter how sick we were at the TV at 11am to watch TPIR. We also made up our own games and copied the games we loved best from the show. We would take turns being ‘Bob’, a model and a contestant which worked out just fine since there were 3 of us. It was the one game we could all agree on playing.

Bob never altered his stance on animal welfare. When I was young and had no clue what it really meant we still ended our game with the tagline. After I grew up and worked at a local animal shelter and then a veterinary hospital I realized just how important his tagline really was. Help control the pet population have your pet spayed or neutered. Thanks Bob, we humans and our furry friends will always remember you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back